Swans float into Lane to face confident Spurs

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, February 27, 2016.

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

When this current Spurs side lose a game, they no longer look downhearted. They get up, dust themselves off and bounce back. After the slight disappointment of being knocked out of the FA cup we welcomed Fiorentina and destroyed them. Fiorentina are no mugs and we played them off the park. With both Kane and Dembele missing, this performance showed the character of Poch's Spurs. When players come in they perform. Last season the second string just didn't perform at all. This season we don't really have a second string. We just have a talented and hard working squad.

Swansea have picked up with the introduction of their new manager but are still in the relegation battle this season. It will be one of our ex players we will need to keep our eye on tomorrow in Gylfi Sigurðsson. Swansea will crowd the midfield so we will have to be at our best to get all 3 points.

With Leicester taking all 3 points in their game, a win is vital to keep our title dreams alive. A United win by a few goals would be welcome also. In fact, although much attention has been paid to our striking this season, it could be our defence that gives us the best chance of winning the Premier league. Our goal difference is the best in the league, and come May it could be worth that extra 3 points in the title shake up.

Kane is available after missing the Europa league tie, but Dembele appears to be ruled out. With Mason performing well on Thursday, I expect him to start against Swansea.
    Mousa Dembele, Tom Carroll, Jan Vertonghen and Clinton Njie are out.

Lloris said:
    "This is a different game, we need to keep going, to try to win again and to do that we need to be focused because in the league now, every point can make the difference.

Dier said:
    “We have to aim to win every game – that’s got to be our mentality. Obviously Swansea will pose a challenge for us but we want to improve game-by-game so hopefully we can do that this weekend.”

Possible Line-up
    Lloris, Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose, Eriksen, Alli, Mason, Lamela, Chadli, Kane.

As always, Come on You Super Spurs!!!!!!

Yidette likes this.
  2. Tottenhamlover

Tottenhamlover Member

Agree with you, this match is a must win
    Many people may disagree about the lineup but we need to rest some players for the games against West Ham and Scum
    COYS

Mattj78 likes this.
  3. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Absolutely must win tomorrow. I can't believe the Foxes nicked a win.

A huge week and 7 points needed from these 3 PL fixtures as a minimum...

Well capable - keep the concentration and focus!

COYS

Mattj78 likes this.
  4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Swans should be dealt with if we want to be in a title race. Same energy as Thursday and it will be an easy 3 points.
    Hopefully Utd spank scum!

Coys!

Mattj78 likes this.
  5. c b waters Guest

This is our time, boys. Don't be afraid of this run-in ...embrace it. We're good enough to win the PL as long as we keep our commitment, our energy and belief. Possess no doubts, but beware the demons of complacency and over-confidence.
    Most of all, have no fear. Let the opposition fear us! We can't worry about Leicester now. If we have a great run-in, but they don't trip up, then good luck to them. Better them than the 'others' anyway. As long as we don't fade, then we will always look back on 2015/16 with great pride, whatever happens. But I still believe
    this is our time, boys ...this is our time. And it's the stuff of which wonderful memories are made. Once we mostly worshipped individuals who sustained our flawed 'teams' ...but now we worship a squad, a band of brothers, all putting their hands to the pump, all being as one, that are balanced without simply playing to any particular individual's talents.
    This is our time. Believe it!

Bazza47, Jonesy and Mattj78 like this.
  6. Remy Uwilin

Remy Uwilin Active Member

Only thing to say really is; keep it up. Poch has this team well drilled, hungry, and ready for any challenges. Last season, a never give up mentality was created with us being the team with most comeback winnings/total points earned having been down earlier in the game. This mentality has now affected how the team responds after a loss and overall never giving up in any game. I expect us to give the swans hell, keep possession and hammer down the ball at their goal until they break. Won't be a walk in the park but should be an emphatic victory!!

Projected lineup - Lloris, Walker, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Rose, Bentaleb, Mason, Alli, Lamela, Son, Kane

Mattj78 likes this.
  7. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Just keep the faith lads, play just like you have been since the Leicester loss and we will overcome.

We absolutely are good enough and there are no better teams in the Premier League than us.

It's a challenge ahead but the energy we have will see us through.

COYS

8. Mattj78

There should have been some rousing music in the background for this speech!!!!

9. Mattj78

Bentaleb? Please no! Out of all the squad, I have to say he is the one player who lets us down. He does have talent but he tries too many tricks and turns rather than doing the simple stuff. Considering the criticism that Carrol has come in for, underservedly, I would be surprised to see Bentaleb start. He doesn't fit into Poch's style for me. Slow on the ball and not an especially good passer. In terms of weaknesses, both he and walker worry me when they start as they make the kind of mistakes that cost points. Trippier has proven himself this season but I understand that Poch likes to rotate and keep the full back positions very fresh.

Jonesy likes this.
  10. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Nabil is a non-starter for me too. Has potential but not first 11; as I've said before, he is unpredictable and loses possession in vital areas far too much - not great when we press high and have full backs right up in the oppositions half! Exposed.

I would go with Carroll and Dier - retention and a ball winner. Let Alli, Eriksen and Son pull the strings for Harry...

I really hope we have Mousa back for next wkd against "that lot" - he will be the difference in midfield and us getting an important win. What a player - strong, skilful and delivering to the level we knew he could. Beast!

11. Chris #2

Chris #2 New Member

I agree completely. Bentaleb has been weak the last few games he has played. His passing has been poor and he offers no creativity at all. I know thats not really his role on the team, but defensive players like Dier and Toby make some brilliant chance-creating passes quite often. Bentaleb does not have this ability at all, passing sideways most of the time.

Carrol didnt play well when he started appearing regularly a few months ago. Since then hes been playing much better. I think the impression left by those early games still make people unsure about what level he can perform at. I consider him to be a "light" version of Eriksen. Basically has the same skills - good vision, good passing and creativity. Just not at the same level as Eriksen.

About Walker - I dont worry when he plays. I think he pretty solid, although he does have some "episodes" every now and then. It doesnt happen that often though.

12. Remy Uwilin

Remy Uwilin Active Member

Bentaleb has been disappointing this season, but then again since he's injury he hasn't really had many chances to prove himself; most due to a solid midfield we have. I don't necessary believe that playing a holding role in the midfield is his favored position, I can see him do relatively well if paired with Dier. Judging him from last season, he has potential going forward....but when put in the central defensive role is where he falls short.

Dembele a few seasons ago used to have the same issue, hopefully Bentaleb will mature out of it and fulfill his potential.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button