Off to The Palace

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, January 23, 2016.

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

That rarity that is 3:00 Saturday football is back again for Spurs today. It's been a busy 3 weeks for Spurs with games against Leicester resulting in a draw, loss and finally an FA Cup victory, mixed in with a 4-1 home win over Sunderland.
    After losing to Leicester in the league, Spurs bounced back quickly against Sunderland and are still on course for the top 4 and still in the title race as we head to Selhurst Park this afternoon.

I've been a few times to Selhurst and I have to say the fans there are superb. They create a great noise and the Sours fans respond in kind meaning that the atmosphere is always bouncing. Hopefully the football can follow suit today.

Palace are struggling to score goals, so for them, coming up against a very mean defence is not what whey would want. Surely good news for Spurs?
    With Palace in a bad moment, Spurs should go and attack the Eagles and I would expect nothing less than 3 points. 3 points that would push right on in the title mix. Depending on other results over the weekend, this could be a profitable weekend for Spurs although we do still stutter when we have the upper hand and the chance to take advantage. Hopefully today will be different.

After his excellent performance on Wednesday in the Cup and Pochettino at pains to tell us that with Son we do not need another striker, or indeed any more players at all, I expect to see Son start today. I see him and Kane as being a potent force and I hope today we get to see that in action.

My predicted Line up:

Lloris, Trippier, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Davies, Eriksen, Dembele, Dier, Alli, Son, Kane

Come on You Spurs!!!!!!! (As ever)

Nomadico likes this.
  2. Nomadico Well-Known Member

I hope you are correct about Son and Kane together,the rest look ok so a win for us and a chance for Son to really show what he can do;I just hope Eriksen gives us a good game today and not fade off mid way..COYS.

3. johnnyhrvat Guest

You are missing Alli, or have I missed that he is injured or suspended? Apart from that (replacing Lamela with Alli) your line up looks good - have to agree with Trippier & Davies as the wing-backs.
    Three points is a must, but we have to avoid conceding the first goal - Palace should have been one up against Chelski and City, and if they had been the results might have been different. If we get the first goal I can see Palace losing belief.

4. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Alli of course!!! What was I thinking? Doh. Edit coming up!!

5. Felon82 Well-Known Member

A great midweek win, players rested, palace on a bad run, chance to get in the mix.....

'SPURSY' territory.

Hope not, COYS !!!!

Mattj78 likes this.
  6. Nomadico Well-Known Member

It look's a strong team,at last Poch has put Son in the starting eleven for a PL match,I fully expect Spurs to win this and increase our goal difference,Son and Kane to score!!COYS..

Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  7. Nomadico Well-Known Member

WOW What a goal!!!!!!! Ali can do no wrong!!!
    And now Chadli add's a screamer COYS!!!!!

Last edited: January 23, 2016

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button