Celtic 1-6 Tottenham goal highlights

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by James McC, August 2, 2014.

1. James McC

James McC Member

Twitter:
    JMcCarthyLIVE
    Harry Kane’s piledriver after just 4 minutes set the tone for the rest of the match, as Roberto Soldado followed up to make it just over 10 minutes in. Lewis Holtby finished off from Étienne Capoue’s through ball to restore the 2 goal lead before half time after Jamie Lindsay had put The Hoops on the board.

Reborn Erik Lamela hit the target just after his introduction at the break, followed by Christian Eriksen’s sweet curling free kick beat Craig Gordon. Another substitute, Emmanuel Adebayor scored from the spot after Danny Rose was felled to complete the rout.

2. Kh D Guest

C'mon Spurs fans. As a big Celtic fan, even I didn't recognise most of the Celtic team. Mostly fringe reserves, I think.

Out here in Kabul, no-one has heard of Spurs anyway

3. johnl66 Guest

It was the Celtic U18 team mostly

One of the boys plays in my sons school football team.

Will never forget the Spurs football hooligans who came to Glasgow in the late 1980's: who punched and kicked old ladies and kids at Bridgeston train station and then got their arses kicked in Glasgow Central station when word spread.

Cowards!

4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Oh dear some bitter Celts desperate for some rivalry.
    Good luck in your minnow league this year.

James McC likes this.
  5. stevethespur Active Member

Lets hope the great blight of violence, such as the 80's incidents have left the great game of football. I was sickend by many violent events in that time even stopped going to spurs in the late 70's as a result. Believe me footballs a fantastic game but its not worth the violent aspect it conjures up in some folk. Appologies, for what its worth to those celtic fans, but i know this was a widespread problem at this time. Both sides of the border. So fantastic to see the recent world cup were fans appeared to mix in a happy festival fashion. Tottenham have done alot in reent years to creat a harmonious atmosphere around football but there is always work to do. Coys.

6. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Also glad those days are over, I grew up near WHL in the seventies and saw a few cowardly acts from so called fans. Anyway, last time I was in the UK I took my family ( wife and kids ) to a Spurs v Ars ( 2-1 to the good guys) I definitely had some concerns about taking the kids to a game especially a game as heated as that but I had nothing to worry about everyone that we came across was friendly and even very pissed lads were respectful toward my family, even offering up their seats on the trains. ( you wouldn't get that here in oz) during the game a very drunk lad fell and landed on my daughter and hurt her after Bale had put us in front. I was pretty angry and my instincts nearly took over but the young man and his mates wee so apologetic and sweet to her that it turned out to be a good laugh although the young man actually busted his hand pretty good but recond he just needed another beer. Anyway it was a fantastic day and I would have no problem taking my kids to WHL again or the new stadium, whichever comes first. Well done to the faithful who go to the Spurs games and treat visitors so well.

7. stevethespur Active Member

What part of oz do you live in notnats ? WHL in the 70's was a great place to watch football even if it was a bit wild in those days. Fond memories of Johnny Duncan scoring loads for spurs, often forgotten now, but a great servant for tottenham. Coys.

8. notnats

Cheers Stevethespur, I live in sunny victoria in the mornington peninsular, recently moved from Brisbane. Howbout yourself? I used to walk up to WHL as a kid, 35p to get in or an extra 10p to sit in the west stand. its funny going back now and still having to go thru the same metal turnstiles, I know its old and needs rebuilding but I love WHL. My first ever time at the lane Spurs v Stoke FA cup round, 1-1 goal to John Duncan, not a bad player, hardly mentioned anymore. Great memories, showing my age.

9. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Several of this morning's papers are reporting thatTottenham are poised to sign Argentina international centre-back Mateo Musacchio from Villarreal. The 23-year-old, who has been at El Madrigal since January 2010, could cost in the region of £17million.
    [​IMG]

10. stevethespur Active Member

Hi notnats. I live in sunny Pembrokeshire these days. Earliest memory at the lane is playing Sheffield Wednesday in '67 i think. Me dad was spurs mad then. Would have been Greaves and Gilzean days. Remember being at WHL for the eufe cup final in '72 and mullery holding up the cup amongst all the spurs fans on the pitch. We ueed to get the 171 bus then walk along seven sisters road, such a buzz in the air. Great days.

11. notnats

good stuff Stevethespur, nice to read a bit about why we are all lifelong Spurs fans.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button