Why Spurs shouldn’t sign Harry Kane back-up

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Josh Bolton, January 30, 2019.

Share This Page

1. Big fran Guest

I thought the same. First half llorente probably gets a hatrick. Jan is a quality full bk.

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

So it's February

Not signed a single player in over a year

A casualty list as long as yer arm

Homeless

Turned in a handful of decent performances

And.........

We're 2nd in the EPL 4 points off top & in the last 16 of the CL haha the mind boggles

COYS!

Bazza47, burnt and voiceofreason like this.
  3. burnt Well-Known Member

Unreal ..

No game now till tomm week , that's a full seven days off , will feel like a month for the lads after the crazy schedule over the last few months . Badly needed and well deserved ... C.O.Y.S ....

Last edited: February 3, 2019
    Bazza47 likes this.
  4. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

For sure it's a funny old game Felon.....we're hanging on in there. Come on Leicester, then a draw in the other game please. COYS

5. palmover Active Member

Compared to the teams who i consider to be spurs main rivals squad wise, (Man.u, chavs, arse) spurs are doing well and from this position should secure Top4, which is now the bare minimum.
    The team is going through a transition, however, the emergence of winks and sisoko has seen the midfield become more mobile and are proving to be as effective as the players they have replaced, Dembele and wanyama who i think will be sold in the summer.
    I could live with CE being sold as the money could be used to buy two quality replacements.
    Toby has been a rock this season and his influence on Sanchez and all round quality means spurs must find a way to keep him. I can live with not signing players, however, i hate it when spurs sell their quality players. I was against walkers sale as i knew it would be hard to find better, the same applies to Toby, No sale.

Bazza47 likes this.
  6. palmover Active Member

Llorente gives spurs the long high ball into the box option, the problem i have is why llorente hasn't been used? He has been with spurs the best part of two years and is only now being used when nobody else is available. When i think back to the Man.u semi defeat ( the worst of Mps defeats in Semis) when spurs had run out of ideas which was most of the 2nd half a llorente type player and a change of tactic would have been better than trying to play through a narrow man.u defence without any success.

Bazza47 likes this.
  7. Big fran Guest

Watched Sunday supliment on the weekend and it was claimed pochetino was given upto 100m to spend on the squad but he and levy could not agree on signings. My guess levy wanted to continue with the scatter gun method buy 5 or six players and hope to unearth a gem or two then get stuck with 3 or 4 Clinton njie's. We've since pocketed around 12m selling Dembele and reo Griffiths.
    Now come the summer if CE still hasn't signed I'd be happy to cash in. Say we got to be Conservative .. 80m. That's around 210m. Happily I'd sell wanyama and aurier. So your looking around 230m.
    That means we have the money for three maybe four big money signings. I was really impressed with maddison at the weekend 50m then ndombele who I'm hearing is on the radar but apparently quoted 70m which now becomes in our capability. I really like Wan Bissaka who will be England's first choice RBk in the next 12 to 18 months 30m.
    Which leaves us with around 70m for an adaptable special player top end of the pitch. Where u find that player I'm not too sure?? Callum Wilson, luka jovic or Wilfred Zaha I dunno. That brings the age of the squad down, all will be modest wages in our bracket brings in more homegrown players and gives us far much quality and options..

8. palmover Active Member

Levy giving MP 100m to spend doesn't sound like the Levy who has run spurs for ages on zero net spend. I like maddison and brookes who at 25m and 12m should have been within spurs price range, however, the scouts missed them. i think 50m is too much to pay and spurs need to find better value for that price.
    Andre gomez, maddison or brookes would have been good additions and would have improved the squad fairly cheaply. Smart buys, that is what spurs haven't done for awhile.

Bazza47 likes this.
  9. Big fran Guest

Think 50m for maddison is good value to be fair just turned 22 and all the attributes to go far. He's made the step up from Coventry to Norwich to the prem with ease. 5 goals for assists already..

10. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

It was a no brainer to buy him from Norwich....gonna cost us twice what the Foxes paid....distressed purchaser, once CE goes....

11. Big fran Guest

This is why talent needs to be spotted and picked up upon early like we did with alli, walker, lennon, Rose, Dawson, Robinson etc. Take sessagnon for example we watched n watched until his price tag got so high it was too much of a risk for a player so young and from the championship. If we could have picked him up 12 to 18 months ago when he was still very raw he could have been moulded into a top class player ie bale. However I feel he has missed the boat now, he's lost his momentum and confidence and pure fearlessness in respect to whoever he's up against. He doesn't know whether he's a full bk nor a winger. He will struggle to get that back now I fear. Still be a good prem player but world class no.
    We done the same with bowen of Hull watched him pretty much all season and he couldn't have done more. Near on 20 goals in a v poor side from out wide.
    We've been watching maddison since his days at Norwich so now you pay the premium.

Bazza47 likes this.
  12. palmover Active Member

I doubt Lester will sell, the way they played hard ball over Mahrez with city means they won't sell unless they have to. Mahrez even put in Transfer requests and Lester still held onto him for a year, before selling.

If enic want to run spurs as a tight ship then spurs need to buy players like Maddison before they break into the prem as getting them of prem clubs is harder and more expensive than getting them from the lower league teams who need the money more than prem teams.

Spurs could have had maddison for around 5m from coventry and 25m from Norwich, just goes to show how much money a good scout network can save and make for a club, since Dele spurs scouts haven't located anyone cheap that can make the grade, that's 4 years and counting. what are those scouts doing is the question because when you see players like brooks and maddison you wonder why didn't spurs get them. Coys

Bazza47 likes this.
  13. Big fran Guest

Really must agree about the scouting. Worrying though is the amount of players we have scouted and failed to land. Sherwood n Sir les watched Luis suarez numerous times and told the club you must sign this player. Turned down vermaelen as he got offered as a left bk. Aubamayang was in the spurs Lodge not offered a contract. Hazard extensive talks with redknapp who wanted him. Meddled about until the big boys came in and then priced out. Likewise martial offered 12 m when they wanted 20m signs for united some 6 to 12 months later for 50m or so. Forlan, aguero Falcao, remy, moussa sissoko the first time round the list goes on...

14. Felon82 Well-Known Member

There's 1 man that is the sticking point in all of this - Ming the Penniless constantly meddling and throwing a spanner in the works

Bazza47 likes this.
  15. burnt Well-Known Member

Well over five hours have passed since the final whistle and I'm still trying to figure out how we got away with that performance . It was a bit of a stinker . I'm trying to think of the last time we had so little control in a game . Our defending today was shambolic , it's been swinging somewhere between ropey and poor for most of the season but today was a new level altogether , especially that right side . Some people rave about Walker who was only average at best i.m.o. but we're making him look like a worldie at the moment . The biggest frustration for me here is Aurier , who really has the attributes to match Walker . For both , their biggest asset is pace , ( some might say it's their only asset ) , neither are great at defending or with the ball to put it mildly but Aurier just can't seem to get it going for us on any sort of consistent basis at all . Probably down to attitude with him i.m.o . You get the feeling , win , lose or draw he's not going to loose any sleep over it . It's understandable to a degree , some guys just have no affiliation to the club's they play for at all bar the cheque they get at the end of the month . But saying all that and I know some will think I'm nuts but I'd still have him in there in front of Tripps who's having an absolute mare at the moment and seems to be getting targeted by everyone right now . I'm not in anyway saying our performance today or lack of should I say was down to that position alone , no way , but it's one that's stuck out now for long enough and really needs sorting . I know plenty will say well Aurier is definitely not the answer and that's fair enough but if so try something else , where's K.W.P or try Sanchez , just try something . It can't be much worse .

So after what could probably be described as a new low in terms of performance i.m.o and we come out of it 3 - 1 winners . It really is one of our most bamboozling seasons ever . What next ..... C.O.Y.S ......

16. Felon82 Well-Known Member

The standard of the league has been dropping year by year , that's not to knock where we are or how we're doing it's just quite evidently poor.
    Most teams are cannon fodder or going through transitional crisis to crisis, clubs filled with over paid , over inflated egos , journey men players & managers with no affiliation to anyone.
    The refereeing standards are appalling , the non existent tackling/defending is beyond shocking.

17. Big fran Guest

Definitely think sanchez could do the job at RBk. This is an area that desperately needs looking at come the summer. Kwp could do with a good season long loan deal top end championship or middle of prem but needs to be playing.
    So yesterday was so so poor but we got away with it again. Still sit well placed and the title is almost on our own hands but two London derbies with City n pool away its a tough task. Given ourselves a great shot coping in the league without HK. Hope we have seen the last of llorente now he really offends my eyes.. Need to get a result at home to dortmund to give ourselves a chance in the away leg. Can't see it tho I'm afraid...

18. Felon82 Well-Known Member

1 things for certain the performance level will need to be upped from this current just making it through games.
    Our FB situation is dire , Jan showed them all how to actually find space and cross a ball. Rose makes positive timed runs as well but the rest are barely average , Rose & Jan's recent performances at LB have highlighted this.

19. Big fran Guest

Rose bk close to his best if he had a right foot would have had a goal or two of late too

Bazza47 likes this.
  20. Remy Uwilin

Remy Uwilin Active Member

Thus far this season, I'd say that this is MP's finest year as the manager. The obstacles he's had to deal with and our position in the league thus far is truly remarkable. I was afraid that losing Dembele would hurt our midfield, but Sissoko and Winks have held their own better than anticipated.

If there are funds in the summer to improve the team, we really need to look at maybe one or two top top players who will challenge & get in our starting 11. Someone who like Son can play the striker position when needed but can also play in the middle or on the wing. Zaha would fit the bill, and dare I say it...maybe we can convince Bale to make a return. We're just one key player away from doing something special!

COYS!!!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button