Why a rest could be a master stroke

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, March 5, 2016.

Share This Page

1. Scottyid Guest

I don't understand we looked great against Swansea changed so much against West Ham I know he changes full backs every game when we are not getting enough attacking tho rose is so dangerous mason not good enough ok as sub I would rather drop alli or eriksen back with dier and put son on left or behind Kane .

2. Pick a team for a draw, away goals this Thursday. Pound the **** out of AV early and rest our top three as quickly as possible to be ready for the second leg.

3. zinzanzee New Member

We played west ham, in their last game under lights at their current home, after flogging them at home in the 1st round. Their pitch was heavy going, we had a been on a 6 game winning streak, it just cannot keep going in the modern era.

We then have to play our fiercest rivals after they had been pillared by their own supporters for their last 2 showings.

I totally agree with some above that the B Dortmand game is where our top players will want to play and will want to give the usual 110%. Of course I want us to win every game, of course I want us to be there when the whips are cracking with 3 games to go in the EPL.

But I am happy to say that this team have already exceeded what I thought they were capable of and I say this with pride and I trust that anyone of them that pulls on the Lilywhite for the rest of the season will give that 110%, and so far it has been more than good enough to see us where we are.

COYS

4. Cheshuntboy Guest

Yes - we may have hoped for top four when the season started, but did Leicester hope to be champions? When an opportunity to actually WIN the thing comes along for the first time since the PL started, shouldn't we be making a better job of it under our supposedly brilliant manager? Game for game, point for point, we're doing no better under Pochettino than we were under AVB or Sherwood, so why are the rose-tinted specs now obligatory where he is concerned? The only good thing about this wasted opportunity is that it gives the lie to the 'we're the sixth biggest club so we can only expect to finish sixth' rubbish which so many 'experts' have trotted-out over the past few years - Ranieri, Vardy & Co are showing that good players and good managers can buck the system, and I just wish we could do the same.

Felon82 likes this.
  5. burnt Guest

Anybody with a tiny bit of an analytical brain should be able to see the connection between money and being at the top of the league over the premiership years ... One really strange year out of a sample size of 25 or 26 , and some people are willing to use it to rubbish the blatent connection between money and the top of the league in the recent past is a bit shocking I.m.o ... I can't tell you what's going to happen In the future , maybe things will be different but the connection between money spent by clubs and their finishing positions in the league over the last 25ish years cannot be ignored by any reasonable person .....

6. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Exactly....we all want Leicester, Gooners and Sheik City to fall on their swords......don't we. Loadsa draws for them, pleassssseeeee

7. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Thoughts....

Our PL form is 6-1-1 from the last 8 matches. If we win the next two, definitely doable, that would be 8-1-1 and an even better goal difference. 25 points from 10 games is good enough to win any league. We CAN do this. Let's have faith in the lads.

COYS

8. johnnyhrvat Guest

Well said Bazza - there has been so much negativity over the last two games that most have forgotten our motto - Audere est Facere!

Mattj78 and Bazza47 like this.
  9. STEVENFROMITALY Member

I agree with you. Some players have to rest for the league...Poch have to find the right balance! big dilemma! i remember like yesterday when Graham Roberts clinched the Cup against Anderlecht...Tottenham Always had a european dimension! COYS!!!!

Mattj78 likes this.
  10. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Yes, I remember the build up and Ossie hitting the bar from 2 centimeteres!!!

11. STEVENFROMITALY Member

Great MattJ78! Great Night ...that Night...Robbo levelled and Parks Super Hero!! one of those Glory Glory Nights that we hope back soon!!!! COYS

12. John Guest

We can't win the league, but we will surely finish top 4. So I say go for Europa with the strongest squad to try to win a trophy this season.

Felon82 likes this.
  13. burnt Guest

Wow , a midfield of Carroll , Mayson , Onumah going away to Dortmund ... Looks lightweight to me , going to prob the best side we,ve played in years ... I'd be apprehensive about that side going to Villa don't mind here ... Hope I'm worrying about nothing ... C.O.Y.S ....

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button