What's your NLD Derby day ritual!?!

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, February 7, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

As we all start to get those Derby day butterflies, I thought I would release a bit of tension with a light hearted post to get your NLD day off to a positive start!

I don't know about you, but for over thirty years now I have always had certain rituals that I carry out on match day. Of course they no doubt make no difference to the outcome of the match, but for some reason they make me feel more relaxed about the game!

I never turn the TV on if not at the game until 3 minutes before the kick off. I avoid all the pre match nonsense and only ever put my 1984 UEFA cup winners shirt on when that first whistle blows.

In the two hours before the game, I watch the highlights of the 1991 FA cup semi final and THAT Gazza free kick!! " that is schoolboys own stuff" reverberating around the front room and possibly leading to my neighbours nipping out for a few hours!!!

My final ritual is to play three songs from my beloved Tottenham Hotspur party album, which I still have on cassette!!! Glory glory Tottenham Hotspur, It's a grand old team to play for, finishing with Oh when the Spurs go marching in!!!!

Kick off arrives, the bottle top of the first beer flies off and my afternoon of frenzied excitement begins!!!

Do any of you Spurs fans have your little match day rituals? Why not share them here as we all get ready in unison to sing, wherever we may be, COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!

Felon82 likes this.
  2. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

Gazza and that free kick......Eriksen today please!!!

Felon82 likes this.
  3. Robbie Guest

Stand outside seven sisters wacking arsenal fans

4. Jim Guest

Well this time I'm in Manchester, so it'll be finding a Spurs friendly pub. Which will be most of them as United hate Arsenal and City won't be too keen on them either after the last game. I'll be my usual nervous wreck.

Mattj78 likes this.
  5. Felon82 Well-Known Member

2-1

COYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button