Welcome return for Walker signals player exit

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Josh Bolton, December 2, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Josh Bolton

Josh Bolton Active Member

Twitter:
    JMRBolton3
    A win against Everton on Sunday was added to almost 24 hours later when Spurs U’21’s lined up to face Manchester City U’21’s at Stevenage’s Broadhall Way last night.

In the starting line-up for this Spurs side was Kyle Walker, playing his first game of competitive football in eight months. Spurs went on to win the game 2-1, with Walker playing 67 minutes.

Walker’s return was rejoiced across Twitter, with fans who went to watch the U’21’s at Stevenage realising the miracle-like event that they were laying witness to. Fans in attendance were also delighted to see more familiar faces at the game – Twitter user @Chilly_Spurs managed to knab a photo of Mauricio Pochettino and coach Toni Jimenez as they took to their seats.

Walker’s long road to recovery in words

U’21’s game are often not as significant for most, but for Walker, last night was a culmination of all the hard-work and patience he had displayed privately in order to get where he is today. His delight and emotion was there for all to see and hear in his post-match interview with SpursTV.

The 24-year-old told SpursTV: “I’m just glad to be back. It’s been a long time and I want to say a big thank-you to the medical staff and the people around me who have helped me through it.

“It’s difficult obviously, you want the lads to do well, but you also want to out there with them. Going home every night and watching them play is difficult. But you have to dig deep and have to come through the other end, there’s always light at the end of the tunnel. Perhaps it was good to have to sit back and reflect not just on my game but things around me.

“For a start, I’ve watched more football. I’ve been studying the game a lot. It’s been a big learning curve but hopefully I’ll come back more mature and with a wiser head on my shoulders.”

One right back in another out

On the same day we count our lucky stars that Walker’s road to recovery has picked up pace, another right-back is linked with the exit door.

Centre-back/converted right-back Vlad Chiriches has once again been linked with a January move away, despite starting our last two games. The Romanian has been linked with a loan-move to Roma, with The Express reporting that boss Rudi Garcia is desperate to sign him, and that the Italian club have already made contact with the player’s agent.

Sky Italia adds that Walter Sabatini, director of football at Roma, will now travel to London ahead of the January transfer window to try to agree a fee, although there may be a twist in this tale.

It is also being reported that Arsenal, yes Arsenal, are thought to be willing to offer the former Steaua Bucharest player the opportunity to remain in London to help solve Arsene Wenger's defensive problems. Whether a concrete offer comes from Arsenal remains to be seen, with the last player to have left Tottenham for the Gunners being Sol Campbell on a free transfer in 2001.

2. The Cockerel

The Cockerel Member

Now that DeAndre Yedlin is free as well, I would be packing my bags if I were Kyle Naughton. Honest lad but lacks the quality required. Then again, Yedlin might be a flop and Naughton buys another life at the Lane.

3. Danespur Guest

I'd agree - bye bye Chiriches and Naughton - even if the American is **** he's probably better than the other two mentioned....!

4. mikespurs New Member

This is going to be like having a new signing in my opinion. Right back has been a big problem this season and with the 4-5-1 mp likes to play (With the 5 Central midfielders) Walker has the ability to overlap and put a decent ball into the box that's been very lacking this season.

5. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Based on what Roma value players at think we could get 30 million back if we sell them Vlad?

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button