"We won't need to worry about the opposition"

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, August 23, 2015.

Share This Page

1. So much possession with no incisive play, no real cutting edge, lack of one touch passing, lack of movement off the ball and players not supporting each other whilst in possession, and lack of concentration only leads to one thing, Poch sacked by Oct!

2. Eddie Guest

Agree with most comments on here.Sell Lamela,he just won't make it in Prem.Lennon to give width and track backTrippier to start along with Rose and bring in Wimmer for Vertongen,he's just not strong enough.Buy Berahino and Austin,possibly Bollasi.Watched Jacob refusing to be intimidated by Costa this afternoon,he's just what we need to protect the back four.
    Otherwise,and not many will agree,take a punt on Barton,offer him 12 months with an option of another year.He's free,he's a fighter and he will be a leader.he's more mature now what's to lose?We can be too nice too often.I've said before why didn't we go for Cabaye or Shaquira,how can we be bested in the market by Palace and Stoke?These are the type of player we need as well as Eriksen who is too inconsistent.

3. Thanks for reading my post chaps, I did actually mention Lamela, I'd swap him for Yarmelenko.
    Got to agree with DbnSpur01, can't see a winger at the club better than Lennon so makes you wonder what went on between him and Poch. Did he see through the new messiah and say so? I like a lot of what M.P. Is supposed to be about but am worried that maybe he actually doesn't know what he's doing. We certainly didn't beat Chelski 5:3 by having the defenders pass it sideways all day long. He is not a happy man, certainly looks like he is being as compromised by Levys' infamous transfer policies as most of his predecessor were. Whatever is going on things need to be sorted now cos if we keep playing like this there is only One Direction we're going in and boy do I hate giving that talentless bunch of wasters a name check!

Mattj78 likes this.
  4. I am concerned about Poch's policy of inverted wingers, who do not know when to give us width! We also have to question the lack of fitness, lack of concentration, lack of effective movement with the ball and without it, lack of one touch passing, lack of effective support when going forward, and poor general organisation. Poch also seems to outcast players, proving he is not an all inclusive manager, who knows how to improve and encourage them i.e. Lennon, Adeybour. The sack beckons!!!!

5. Kearyrk New Member

I think we'd all happily drive Adebayor to his next destination. I don't agree with the outcasting of Lennon as he's been a decent servant but he's also had his chances and wasn't going to improve. If we're all honest he never became the player we expected. So much promise but was never realised. His latter appearances saw him constantly running backwards and passing backwards to Kyle Walker - he forgot that he was supposed to run at the opposition full back. I think we're a team full of unintelligent players. The game has moved on a lot with general intelligence in teams and all the top sides are full of players who have a fair amount between the ears. Pochettino has a lot to do to lift our spirits at the Lane and if he thinks the performances have been good so far this season then that should be a concern

Felon82 likes this.
  6. Lennon is a better than good player who needs to be feel wanted, and it is Poch's job to ensure he feels wanted and plays in a good way, but to outcast him the way he did shows up that Poch is not a real man manager. His days are number!

7. Kearyrk New Member

When was the last time Aaron Lennon put in a big performance and won us a big game? Pochettino can't give every squad member a big cuddle if they're not performing. He didn't impress Everton and hasn't been linked with any clubs - that says something

8. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

I dont think anyone is saying that Lennon is a top player or that he wins big games with individual displays of brilliance but he has been a consistently good performer over the years and he brings something that we have been seriously lacking, and off the bench he could definitly be a game changer. I watched him play for Everton and he was very good. With Europa and cup games coming up not to mention league games his experience and skills would be very useful in such a young squad. He also deserves better from the club he has served for so long.

Mattj78 likes this.
  9. Felon82 Well-Known Member

I am not a big Lennon fan like some still seem to be, i think he is very limited.
    But have to agree he does a much better job than Lamela will ever be able to do even when azza is past his best.
    What a sad state of affairs.

Mattj78 likes this.
  10. Kearyrk New Member

I do agree that he deserves better treatment from the club and would be just as effective as Lamela, Dembele or Townsend. Something must have happened behind the scenes as Pochettino just bombed him out in December. I think the Levy directive to Pochettino of 'you must play and get the best from our record signing' (Lamela) had a big affect on Lennon starting games. What anyone sees in Lamela is beyond me. Horrendous to think someone sanctioned a 30m fee to sign him.

11. big fran Guest

Think lennon is certainly good enough to get a number and do a job as a useful squaddie. Trying to hold onto a lead in certain games he
    Can definitely offer his full bk more protection.
    However what we do need is a winger to come in who will improve the immediate starting 11 with Njie on the opposite flank. Berahino looking the most likely candidate. Wanyama would be a sound addition also but unlikely saints will sell yet another player especially to us!

Mattj78 likes this.
  12. All sounds a bit sad to me, I do remember the buzz when Lennon came off the bench to terrorise the opposition defence, so direct and such blistering pace, I think his delivery got better, he scored a few and tracked back to cover Kyle Walker really well. Come to think of it he may be half the reason Walker looked so good before and so fragile now. He's a good player who could still do a proper job for us, maybe if we had him and his mate Defoe still in the squad we wouldn't be quite so far up s*** creek right now!
    BTW: so many managers, some decent and some a joke, a frequent turnover in the " Director of Football" role ( whatever the **** that is ) but only one consistent, omnipotent presence throughout all of this embarrassing fiasco. LEVY !!!!! Is he really all that?

Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  13. Mick

Mick Member

The last thing we need is yet another change of manager. We have just got rid of the deadwood from the last regime. But Pochettino needs to integrate new players like Deli Ali into the side quickly and not be stubborn as with Harry Kane last season and take forever before promoting him. In 25 minutes at Leicester Deli Ali showed more desire to get beyond the ball and into the box than any other midfielder in the last year. Dembele despite bags of ability just does not hurt the opposition and slows the game too much. So hopefully with Njie and perhaps Berahino and Harry at 10 and Erickson playing a bit deeper with Deli Ali there is real hope . I fear that if Pochettino does not change then Levy will make the change and we are back at square one looking for yet another manager who has probably been sacked by someone else

Mattj78 likes this.
  14. Rovaz Guest

Barça do not want Vertonghen, he wouldn't make it into our cup squad. I watched all three matches and I think your manager is tactically inept with no plan b or c. He is trying to get a bunch of players to play a system they are not capable of playing. He needed to sign a players like Andre Ayew And Payet that played that brand of football. And Sherwood was sacked for this mutt? At least he had Ade playing well. Players don't want to play for Pochettino and it's evident on game day. Every one is giving schtick to Davies but what about Nacer 'goes missing' Chadli? He is the laziest and selfish players I've ever seen in a Spurs shirt. It's a tragedy that Lennon is not in the side. IMO its karma...and Poch is on his way out! Levy should've hired DeBoer in the first place.

Mattj78 likes this.
  15. Yes the last thing we need is a change of manager, but if Poch is unable to get the team to perform well and win games particularly home ones, we already know that Levy will not tolerate that and will sack him around Oct just like all the others previous managers.

Poch can however turn that around by being a man manager of all his players and not outcasting them.

He needs to start playing trippier rather than Walker and Rose rather than Davies. Have faith and play Dele Ali. He must improve the team's concentration over the whole game, and stop using inverted wingers.

In traing work the team need to work on one touch passing, and moveing the ball forward, not sideways and back. He must work on them supporting eachother in attack and defence.

But if we fail to win games by Oct, Poch will be sacked!

16. So if Poch is yet another wrong man, who hired him?? Same bloke that hired that total idiot Andrew Vintage Ballsup and all the others, sacking the only guy to get us champions league football on the way whilst creating a club that Modric and Bale couldn't stay with and constantly cocking up our transfer window by bidding way below the targets' value then missing the boat when a rival club comes in and pays the going rate. He even refused to sanction the £15 million purchase of Gary Cahill so instead we end up with Vertonghen and a host of other jokers and Chelski get our man!! Spurs under Levy are a laughing stock. Please can we have a new chairman!!!!

Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  17. josh_b

josh_b Active Member

Lennon gives us flat out pace, no final delivery and a bad attitude having been outcasted.
    N'Jie will give us flat out pace, hopefully a final ball and a good finish, as well as hungry attitude.

Felon82 likes this.
  18. Kearyrk New Member

Our players aren't brave on the ball at all. Bar Townsend, who is very frustrating, nobody runs at the opposition. There are no brave passers of the ball either, none willing to try the unexpected. Chadli with his build should be bullying full backs but is so weak - plays well if the games going well but if not he's invisible. Dembele has all the talent but for whatever reason just cannot let loose, Lamela is just poor and Eriksen only seems to come alive at dead balls. We don't scare teams anymore

Felon82 likes this.
  19. Kearyrk New Member

Redknapp got himself the sack. He believed he had a job that was never his. We were on course to have our best season for a long time with an exciting side back in 11/12 and he derailed it by constantly talking about England.

20. Mitch Guest

Yes new owners we require a new chairman as well (lests not for get he gets 2.3 million a year in wages). He's done nothing really ruined the stadium (Victorian) into Canary Wharf bowing out on to the road. He does not care about Tottenham, i bet if you asked him did you have a junior Spur Membership? He'd say what? Who?

But God has an understanding so bless him ect. Hmm now i'm off to the Ddentist to get this little problem fixed (i hope the price has come down)...

Mattj78 likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button