Transfer talk & rumours

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Jesper, February 19, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Guesty Guest

Levy has time to sign a striker...... and wasn't Berbatov on the last day

NB..... if I was Levy I'd have to consider an angry Big Ange knocking on my door :mad:

2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Sorry Felon but everybody has their own favourites and mine include 3 double winners and Glen the most gifted Tottenham player with ardilles also very gifted and a World Cup winner.I am not decrying Kane who has carried us for the last 5 years but in my time the most influential player was Mackay who went on to win things with Derby as well.Kane is a great but not in my top 5 sorry.I am not using it as a cope as you suggest but just accepting the situation without the sackcloth and ashes

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

It now looks like Kane might stay so is he preparing to sign a new contract or not.If not then he has played Levy and will sign a pre contract with Chelsea or United in January.If he does then forget the statue.Let’s hope he signs a new contract or the dressing room will be split

4. voiceofreason Active Member

Where did you see that. What I’m reading is that it’s all agreed and he is going

5. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Kanes gone, failed by the Bald parasite.

Richarlison is injured AGAIN.

This Velux kid hasn't got a work permit.

The new CB hasn't even had a warm up game with the team.

Pre-season has been an absolute joke our players were out on their feet after 60mins v Barca.

Poor Ange has been absolutely shafted.

And this window smacks of the magnificent 7 when we sold Elvis and bought the Dung Beatles

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Why are we not surprised same old same old and the fans will do nothing in protest as usual. I hated the Conte football but he is the only manager to point the finger at the bald eagle

7. Felon82 Well-Known Member

There have been protests I've been to some but it's only usually about 30 or so people that are proper fans who care about the actual football and club.
    The rest walk by sniggering like mediocrity loving weasels they are.

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Changing the subject away from just spurs I notice Liverpool have just agreed to buy Caicedo for 112 million and after the Arse spending120 million on Rice the transfer market has gone mad .Some players weekly earnings are now more than a normal man’s yearly wage.Then we get performers like Dier stealing a living that most fans would love but work much harder for less

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Just seen postelogus press conference where he says that they have known Kane would probably leave and they have been working behind the scenes preparing for this and it has not affected his plans.Why the F*** have we not signed a striker then or has the Kane money been spent already.Other clubs ie Chelsea Arsenal Liverpool Man City bid over 100 million for a good player while we haggle over a second rate defender from Barcelona.We need to see at,least 2 more big signings before the window closes or we will struggle bottom half

10. It has been on the cards for awhile it would seem. It was just a matter of whether Bayern would pay the sizeable fee. I don’t think that was guaranteed because they just smashed their transfer record.

100-120 million for a 30-year-old with one year left on his contract is a masterful bit of business all sentiment aside.

voiceofreason likes this.
  11. Guesty Guest

agree it's a good bit of business....

we do have the Brazil no. 9...as well as Solomon, Kulu & Son.....

still time left in the window

12. It is difficult to know who/what we exactly require up front. Are we going all in on Richie? I don’t mind that, but he is not proving to be very durable. Are we happy with Son or the young Argentine deputising in the middle? Does this mean Perisic will play some wing? It’s all very interesting.

13. So the talisman departs. Our greatest goalscorer and we could not even win a League Cup. Surely he could have done something spectacular at some point in the numerous semis/finals he contested

What will his legacy be? Harsh to say because he is obviously a quality player but I always thought he was a little overrated.

Obviously wish him great success and will keep an eye on him in Germany.

But it is the beginning of a new era for us so it needed to be done,

14. Guesty Guest

keen to see everyone else step up to the plate to be a team...... rather than rely on Kane.

I don't think Ange will be happy Kane has gone......but I suppose he doesn't have to fit his formation around him.
    As I said weeks ago..... Kane really isn't a chaser down anymore.... which Ange wants....... so maybe we'll see more of a team with energy and quality (especially between the lines)
    ........ well......that's what I'm hoping for........

15. Yes I agree.

Next up, can we get Hojbjerg and Dier out of the building?

Because the more of these tainted veterans we keep at the club, the more difficult this transition will be.

16. Genevaspurs Guest

A very Sad day
    But the future will be bright. I have a great faith in Ange.
    We'll talk about it at the end of the season.... Mark my words.
    In the meantime, the team in place needs our support. Complaining is useless because Levy won't change and as long as he's here, the management of the club will remain the same. No real ambition but it's up to us to make the 12th man!
    COYS

voiceofreason likes this.
  17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I wonder how long Pochetino will keep the Chelsea dressing room happy with all the buys and they are sftill going.They seem to bid for anyone that might go to a club that will challenge for the top 4.I personally hope they fall flat and Pochetino gets the sack and I would never have him back at our club.He is a glory hunter and well over rated and relys on clubs with vast spending power

18. voiceofreason Active Member

Not sure how he relies on clubs with vast spending power, if the club he was at the longest is ours

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Did he want to come back ?? No because he was only interested in United Chelsea or Real Madrid .I wonder why.Spurs were his stepping stone but Levy did not provide the money.We played some good football under him for a while but he struggled at the end as he did at Southampton.His last 20matches were as bad as Mourinos and Contes

20. voiceofreason Active Member

Err yes he wanted to come back!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button