Transfer talk & rumours

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Jesper, February 19, 2020.

Share This Page

1. THFC Guest

Who would want Lamela? Always injured and 99% shithouse 1% brilliance….based on reports, Winks could potentially head to Villa, Everton or Southampton (at a guess) and Dier has been linked to Man Utd (given their insistence on signing bad CB’s could be true).

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Foyth Lamela & Toby gone.
    Bale & Vinicius ended loans.

In Gollini & Gil.

What a piss poor window it's been so far and people are genuinely losing their heads over it.

We've lost 26 goals in Vinny & Bale and our best even if past it CB.

1 things for certain if we suddenly start buying players in the last week be sure that Kanes off.

And once again the teams not balanced, it's short in quality and in specific positions and Nuno is gonna have to build some sort of coherent team on the job.

Absolute shambles, all whilst wel have fans screaming we should be playing attacking football all game.

3. Jesper Active Member

Toby leaving opens up a non-HG spot in the squad, the reported fee was higher than I expected. Hopefully the spot will be filled by a top-CB who might be non-HG.
    I am sad to see Lamela and Toby go but it might be best for all concerned.

4. Big fran Guest

Sounds like Romero deal is very close and I'd expect another centre half to come in after him also given Toby was our best centre half. Milenkovic from fiorentina looks an interesting one. Tomiyasu not far away either I believe. If a manager can get a half decent back line together we will have a good season given scoring goals isn't that much a problem. I'm optimistic.

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Surely Thfc you don’t classVarane as a poor centre half that united have just signed.I suppose you also think that Sancho is as good as Winks.They still have a half a dozen players I would take tomorrow

6. THFC Guest

Now they have Varane the don’t need anyone else so that scuppers them

7. THFC Guest

And you can’t include players they have signed this week in a conversation about players from last season

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Did not see you mention last season just United Thfc who I assume you think will collapse like last year and finish top4 while we pray for it

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I understand your dislike of United Thfc .I feel the same and I also include Chelsea in that but I do recognise when other teams have far stronger squads than us.Luckily we do have the fall back that the Arse have rubbish in their squad as well

10. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Although I wouldn't say there is stand out quality like Kane/Son, overall Utds squad is much better and deeper than ours.
    Same with Chelsea who have quality and depth.
    Spurs as usual are carried by some Top quality but are dragging around dross with them.
    That's why we're never serious

11. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Just Chelsea & Arsenal to play before our opener with City.
    And as ever we look really organised and ready for it all..........

12. Genevaspurs Guest

Every day, the same news that leads to nothing concrete. Lots of names for no quality buy ! It's depressing and the worst part is that it's the same thing every season. Everyone knows that we have no good central back for more than a season, that this remains our main weak point but we have a president who does nothing to change that! Four Word... Enic out, Levy out!

Felon82 likes this.
  13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Why are we surprised that nothing really changes.United supporters really protest against their owners and they have just spent over a hundred million on two world class players.What do our supportes do absolutely nothing and we get nothing..

14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

How much longer are we going to be inundated with so called tottenham insiders like mr Gold etc Quoting the wonderful news that spurs are on the verge of signing a super star.Levy has already started his usual tactics of undercutting the prices asked for which means we will lose the players.Rumour has it and god forbid it’s not true we are now looking at smalling.If true I am switching to rugby league

15. Big fran Guest

This Romero deal is going to go under isn't it. Look at impact VvD, dias and to a lesser extent maguire had in transforming under performing defences. To argue over 5m euro or so and in particular add ons given if you have to pay the add ons the lad has probably done what it said on the tin. Tomiyasu by all accounts his stock has risen over the Olympics so that's another deal under threat. If we start the season with aurier dier sanchez we are in major trouble. The effect that will have on kane having to stay could be really detrimental. If he is forced to stay which looks likely then surely back that ambition up with more ambition.
    Romero 45m milenkovic 15m tomiyasu 20m (80m) combined
    Offstet by foyth and Toby at around 20m is not an expensive outlay to transform an absolute woeful backline at 60m. That's before you even sell aurier sanchez doherty to which you can maybe look at another right full back and still have some change left to strengthen elsewhere. I'm convinced we can score goals especially with the new shape that won't be a problem. If we can shave 10 to 15 goals off the goals conceded colomn from last term and let's be honest given how many where down to errors from the afore mentioned players isn't difficult.
    Keep hearing how difficult it is to get players out the door but that is absolutely nonsense. It's how much of a hit you take on thier price tag but personally I don't see the point in keeping a player who the manager doesn't want to use, is on high wages and causes issues behind the scenes as we have heard previously.

16. Genevaspurs Guest

And now Skipp could be loaned elsewhere... This is total nonsense!

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I was hoping it would not come to this but feared it would.Kane does not turn up for training today.I expected him to be professional and not act like a prima Donna.Nobody blames him for wanting to move to try and win trophies but he did sign a 5 year contract when Pochetino was here.He is as much to blame for the lack of trophies as the rest of the squad as he did not turn up for the final when we got there.Some times you sacrifice if you really love the club take Steven Gerrard as an example.If City sign Grealish who is to say they will still want Kane and then where does he go .Surely Levy won’t sell to Chelsea and united have Sancho.I wait with bated breath to watch us become a laughing stock again.You could not make it up if you tried.I personally think we should sell now and use the money to rebuild and accept that Kane is not irreplaceable

18. Sell at what price?? Kane has reportedly been valued at 160M. If the cheating plastic oil club only want to pay 100M Kane should fund the remaining 60M himself.

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Why is the mention ofCity always followed by comments about cheating oil club.Wish they would buy us and I suspect most other clubs would as well.

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Can’t believe some of the rubbish being spouted on various websites supporting Kane not turning up for training.I dislike Levy as much as the next man but he did not sign a six year contract Kane did.Levy has the right to demand city pay the a fair price whatever that is.If city won’t pay then Kane can’t just throw his toys out of the pram.Maybe he should get an agent not his brother then he might have got a promise of a move instead of a supposedly gentleman agreement..I am gutted that One of our Own is not being more respectful of the club he has supported all his life or so he says.If he refuses to play then don’t pay him.I believe Levy will play hard ball at least till after we play city

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button