Transfer talk & rumours

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Jesper, February 19, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Guesty Guest

I'd be interested to know if both previous managers listed the same dross to Levy that Paratici is now listing.......
    hasn't taken him long to spot the sh1te......

What he doesn't know is that Levy won't sanction anything unless he get the right money in

2. THFC Guest

True, the part exchanges seem to be the way forward with Levy although none are actually done yet.

Perhaps Poch was a bit too close to some to sell them and JM seemed to have mixed opinions but historically wanted big name, experienced players for big fees which he would never get with us.

If Paratici pulls these off, he may be the master stroke that Levy needs to buy some breathing space.

I’m a little confused with what Steve Hitchen actually does though…to be honest, I would probably try to include him on any flights out as he adds very little value based on the last few years.

3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Still no business complete, still same stale squad minus Bale Vinicius & Foyth.
    Still major quality issues at GK Defence & Midfield.
    Plus only Kane & Son with regular goal contributions.
    Complete and utter farce

4. Big fran Guest

The way that Patrici works is bizarre to say the least. Apparently will work on ten targets at once for the position he is looking at. No wonder it's slow. Linked with so many quality players Romero, pellegrini and ings but I'll believe when I see it. More likely be vestergard and he's awful.

5. Jesper Active Member

I've not read about the ten targets but depending on how it is done then I'd say that the number isn't that excessive.
    If it is having a list of ten possible targets, having initial contacts with all ten and then after that initial contact the number worked on is down to five then I'd say it is reasonable. Of the five then additional contact is had and the number is reduced to two or three were negotiations are ongoing until one is signed. That strategy might not work if the target player is world-class but as is then world-class might not be realistic targets.

The Bale transfer was in my opinion a bad way of doing a transfer. There is only one Bale, time and money was spent on that transfer. I'd say that it would have been better to spend that time and money on other transfers. Maybe Diaz instead of Rodon and Bale was never possible, maybe it was possible but the opportunity was lost due to the pursuit of Bale.

6. Big fran Guest

Out of ten centre halves you would have a preference rather than spread your time and effort over that many players. A bird in the hand and all that. Firstly we can forget about world class players that shipped sailed a long time ago in1994 when we signed klinsmann and won't be setting sail anytime soon... You identify a target that is a) better than what you have. B) in your price range c) is interested in coming to the club. If the answer is no to any then you move onto the next one. Its not difficult really. After that if the player is young enough with room to improve into world class and maybe a sell on value then more the better. I worry clubs like villa are ready to leap frog us with the business they are doing.

Felon82 likes this.
  7. Jesper Active Member

It seems we're in agreement about the world-class players. Won't happen for a while.

Doing it your way then the risk is that if you don't get your first choice then the second and maybe even the third choice might no longer be available. Another club might have bought them. If that happens then desperation might creep in the closer it gets to the closing of the transfer window and the wrong player gets signed. Some signings have had the look of desperation to them, they've been so late and the signed player has at times not been match-fit or even injury-free.

I suppose there is no perfect way of doing it, unless money is no limitation, but for me then my preferred way is to start the transfer window with many possibles and then quickly narrow it down. If it is still ten possibles then 'd agree that it would be a concern. Now it should be down to two or three.

8. Big fran Guest

What if you sign your tenth choice?

9. Jesper Active Member

Is signing the tenth choice better or worse than signing no-one?
    Is signing the tenth choice better or worse than signing a player who was not even considered at the beginning of the transfer-window out of desperation as the three considered at the beginning of the transfer-window were either not for sale or simply didn't want to come?

As is then I believe there are more than ten CBs who are better than the ones at Spurs so if the list of ten consists of ten CBs better than the ones currently at Spurs then I'd say that signing the tenth choice isn't too bad. Not great but if it improves the team then it is better than some transfers made in the past.

I believe there is no perfect way. The oil-clubs will rarely if ever fail to get who they want, the rest will have to be prepared for not getting their first, second or even third choice.

I'd rather have too many possibles than a football director and scout who sit back and relax after finding a few possibles. For me it is a sign of preparation and those who fail to prepare often need to prepare to fail.

10. THFC Guest

Seems as though Kane to Man City is agreed for £160m.
    I hope we haggle for Jesus and Laporte ad part of the deal as they will both fill areas we need without having to go through the speak to many sign one process that you have been discussing

11. Big fran Guest

Seems very little substance to the kane story other than being a slow news day.

12. THFC Guest

We have allegedly accepted a £13m offer Al-Duhail in Qatar for Toby..

13. THFC Guest

Very true

14. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Then we've never needed 2 new quality CBs more

15. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Looks like we are getting the young Lamela in Gil. Which is good if true.

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Be nice if we actually complete a couple of transfers instead of talking about them.I have a feeling the Kane saga will cause problems and it looks like it’s started as supposedly Kane is reporting back late because of his exertions at the Euros.You bet if city trump up the cash he will reporting early

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

We are close to selling Aldy so desperately need to sign at least 2 centre half’s but once again Levy is trying to under cut the price for Romero.When will the man do what the club needs instead of trying to enhance his reputation as a tight arse

18. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Kane will be sold to MCFC, IMO. Paratici throwing millons around in projected as well as done (25 millon to Seville confirmermed)deals has been an indication of Kane leaving. Unless Levi is going through personality change...

Last edited: July 26, 2021
  19. THFC Guest

Lamela is gone…this will be a great window if Dier, Sanchez, Aurier and Winks are close behind him

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Who is going to bid for Winks andDier

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button