Transfer talk & rumours

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Jesper, February 19, 2020.

Share This Page

1. Jesper Active Member

Rumours are what they are, there were some stories from three months ago which had the 'reportedly' etc. Tapping up may or may not be seen as against the rules:
    https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/...es-van-dijk-liverpool-haaland-dortmund-942998

As is then PSG are in need of a RB, not one of the most important positions on the pitch so HG might be sought. Possibly Aurier might even be club-trained. I don't think it is likely but PSG signing Aurier might well happen.
    https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...fer-news-Mauricio-Pochettino-Serge-Aurier-PSG
    Even if, as this particular story says, Pochettino might be unconvinced.

2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Looks like Kane is trying to get his transfer fee down after three dire performances in the group stages.Worse England player in all three games so far.Southgate does not have the bottle to drop him .

3. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Kane needs Son , Dele or better yet Eriksen to produce consistently in the classic striker role Southgate wants him to play.

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

England. Have better players than Dele and Son he is just playing badly and looks a yard off pace.Southgate does not inspire me so I guess he is struggling to do so for Kane.

5. Jesper Active Member

Hopefully Son will sign an extension and hopefully he might be allowed to do what Ronaldo did and change from being seen as a winger and instead being seen and played as a striker. Son is in my opinion now a great finisher but at best an average left midfielder.
    I hope that the deal will be finished soon, no reason why that particular deal should be delayed.

Once the Euros and Copa America are over then maybe there will be some more clarity about a few other players.

6. THFC Guest

Rumour seems to be that Kounde doesn’t want to sign for us as part of a swap deal with Sanchez. Why are we considering a swap deal with a player that has no PL experience and that could end up being another Sanchez?
    Surely we should be trying for White, Konza & Laporte.

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

They will turn us down as well after seeing the crass stupidity of Levy over the past 3 months.The only way we get quality is by paying higher wages than the opposition and this won’t happen.

8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

People can't seriously be worried about signings most of you told me it was nothing more than a coaching issue and that we had loads of top players.

Just have to pick the best 11 right, for every single game.....

9. THFC Guest

I thought that most people said that we do need some signings alongside the improvements in approach/set up on match days from the coaching staff

10. Jesper Active Member

It seems that the selling off of fringe-players is slightly more difficult this time around than it was 5-7 years ago. I can guess why, it is not because the squad now is better than it was 5-7 years ago - I'd say that aging players on high wages are more difficult to shift than young players on low wages.

Anyway, as is then a few of the players that Spurs might want to sell seem not to have many clubs interested in them. In no particular order:

Dier - on high wages and the clubs that can afford his wages want someone better.
    Sissoko - on high wages, in his 30s and the clubs that can afford his wages want someone better
    Toby - on high wages but is reportedly willing to accept lower wages to get back to Belgium/Netherlands. Not sure if any club there can afford him still
    Lamela - on high wages but is reportedly willing to accpet lower wages to get back to Italy. His injury record might make potential buyers concerned
    Aurier - wants to go to PSG. Might not happen this year but when his contract expires next year then he'll have more control so the likely outcome is that he'll leave on a free next year
    Rodon & Tanaganga are both of the age that regular playing time might be needed/wished for so loans might be found but Spurs might not want that
    Winks & Alli, both might want more playing time and one of them might consider going down in wages to get more playing time for another club
    Moura - great squad player for me, I'd want to keep him but he is one of the few players which other clubs might want and Spurs would miss him but could manage without
    Sanchez - on high wages but still young. Based on his wages then he'd supposedly be a player to build a defence around but looking at him then he might not be the player for that.

The non-HG-quota appears to be filled so it looks like sales are needed. I'd rather keep Lo Celso than Ndombele (if one of them is to be sold)

Interesting times, hopefully the wantaway players have agents who can help in finding clubs for them. Their help might be needed

11. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Just shows what a cluster fvck the whole squad situation is in, absolute shambolic mismanagement of it all.

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Agree Felon that is a total Fvck up and can you imagine any other club allowing a disaster like Levy to continue running the club after his total mismanagement of the whole situation since hiring Mourino.I will give the new manager my support and hope he can turn things round but I have a sneaky feeling that some time in the future the support will change and the powers will be in for a very rough ride from the supporters who finally realise we are being run by people not interested in the football

Felon82 likes this.
  13. Spurporter Well-Known Member

It seems Paratici is raiding Sevilla by offering player swaps. First Sanchez for Konde and now Lamela for Gil Salvatierra. Why would a Sevilla player agree to switch from UCL to UECL? Are the Spurs wages higher? Does anyone know? Konde makes €48.3 thousand a week or £41.5 thousand. Gil isn't listed anywhere. Here are Spurs salaries among the bottom earners:

Ben Davies D 28 £3,120,000 £60,000
    Joe Hart GK 34 £2,700,000 £51,923
    Harry Winks M 25 £2,600,000 £50,000
    Sergio Reguilón D 24 £2,500,000 £48,077
    Jack Clarke F 20 £1,600,000 £30,769
    Japhet Tanganga D 22 £1,200,000 £23,077
    Joe Rodon D 23 £500,000 £9,615
    Alfie Whiteman GK 22 £200,000 £3,846

Last edited: July 20, 2021
  14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Where do you get your info Spurporter what is the 9615 for Rodon surely not his yearly salary

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Don’t know too much about Gill! Apart from he played for Eibar last year who got relegated!!I personally will miss the endeavour of Lamela who would have been better if not so injury prone.Only Winks Sissoko Sanchez and Dier to go.I believe Gill has 3 caps for Spain and is only 20 so fingers crossed he is not in the Fernandes category

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

See the dimwit has been sounding off about his main interest making money by getting the Joshua fight at our stadium.Pity he does not show the same enthusiasm for the football side

17. Spurporter Well-Known Member

500 000 per year. Penultimate column is yearly wages. Last column is weekly pay

18. Spurporter Well-Known Member

19. THFC Guest

Lamela can’t be valued at much given the fee that has been mentioned. Lamela runs around a lot, gives away possession easily, concedes fouls then pops up with a world class finish every 2 years. Sooner he leaves the better but who on earth is the Spanish lad they seem to want to replace him? I’ve read some articles on him and he appears to have huge potential but we all know how those youngsters (especially from overseas) turn out. Perhaps we should have gone for Triore as at least he has played in the PL and surely Nuno would have had some pull?

20. THFC Guest

Deal looks to be done so let’s hope Gil is able to flourish at Spurs…Fabio is starting to get some deals done which is great and if he can continue to trade players, he will be a huge success (not least for shifting on the likes of Lamela).

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button