Transfer news: Lennon, Sandro... Defoe

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, September 1, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

According to Telegraph’s Matt Law, there are suggestions that a deal are very close for Lennon to join QPR, and Harry is also keen on Sandro.

Lennon

Not so very long ago, I wrote about Lennon and the fact that he has never quite fulfilled his potential, and his final ball still leaves a lot to be desired. However, I would like him to stay and be part of Pochettino's new Spurs.

In pre-season, I felt he played a free role really well, and his work rate is excellent. He works back and is able to nick the ball in areas of the pitch that allow an attack to take shape.

Frustration

Having fallen out of favour with England and not starting for Spurs on a regular basis, I can understand why Lennon may be looking for regular first team football to try and get back in the England picture, although he must be frustrated to see Townsend being selected ahead of him, when he is far from showing premier league class, let alone international class.

Speed

Lennon is still full of speed and I wonder whether it may be worth giving him a run in place of Eriksen, considering Eriksen looks short of full fitness and confidence after the first few games. Eriksen is class, but Lennon does provide that driving speed and along with Lamela, could cause a lot of defences real problems. In fact, it was pace and width we missed yesterday and I think Lennon would add more to the team than Townsend.

Sandro too?

As I am writing this, sky are reporting that both Lennon and Sandro look likely to re-join Harry at QPR but it is not yet clear as to whether this will be on loan or permanent deal.

I like Sandro and think he is a better all-round player than Capoue, so would be gutted if he goes, but Pochettino obviously has a clear idea of who he sees as the main players in this squad.

And finally...

Interesting one finally and that is the news that after Toronto sacked Ryan Nelsen as manager, Harry is looking to sign Jermain Defoe.

It could be an interesting day for Spurs.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button