Toxic Leadership

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, September 1, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

What certain people are failing to see is the knock in effects of a potentially difficult season ahead.
    If we fail to get champions league football then Lloris and Eriksen are gone. There is no way they will spend another season at Spurs.
    Even if Kane has a bad season, clubs will come knocking on the door.
    There is is currently a domino effect happening and Levy is alienating other chairmen every season with his quite simply stupid games.

Felon82 and Deggsy56 like this.
  2. Butler Guest

Daniel voldamort is the root of all Spurs problems and has been for many years. got one manger selection right in redknapp then outed him for not doing it his way said for years he needs to go this is the worst squad I've seen for years at Spurs . No super star player no heart guts or passion poch will be gone by Xmas not the right man for us . Levy is a business man not a football man get him out its embarrassing watching the same thing every year penny pinching on the last day top 6 will be lucky to finish top half . I'd like to see hoddle , king , sherrigham all have roles at the club I know that's not everyone's cup,of tea but at least they would give a **** about the club . One thing is for sure levy needs to go sooner rather than later .

Mattj78 and Felon82 like this.
  3. josh_b

josh_b Active Member

I think the Europa League must be a place for us to try different players as strikers now. Mess around with the rest of the team as you want, but we need to try Chadli, N'Jie, Son, and one other as an out and out forward. Heck, start Adebayor - if you can get him motivated. He may actually be the key to this season - as ridiculous as this sounds - coz if we get the best out of him, we won't need berahino.

Did I really just say that? God save us all

4. Woody2221 Guest

This article is a joke!! Yes we needed another striker to help Harry out and yes we would all have loved another dm, but from my memory leaking goals was our issue last year!! Shoring up the defence was a must as was keeping hold of Kane/loris/Ericsson!! Both issues have been addressed. We have a young team and a manager that believes in using youth, give him a chance it worked last year!!(Kane/mason/bentaleb all did well in there breakout season!!) we have dier/alli/Pritchard all pushing for places now, if we had bought in new players they would be out on loan!! What do people want another £100 mil spent on new players that don't fit the bill( and £20 added to a match ticket).... That worked well with the bale money signings, Those same signing that have most now left for a loss and levy gets slated for!! We have one of the best training facilities in the country, probably the best youth system, a brand new stadium being built and a financially secure club being run!! I for one support levy/enic in what they are doing at the club!! That being said I wouldn't have minded a new striker and dm just like everyone else!!

5. Mattj78

Ah there we go, all is well. Nice training ground. Lovely balanced books and a new stadium coming soon. Let's all have a party.

Felon82 likes this.
  6. Felon82 Well-Known Member

The greatest run club on the planet that returns nothing on the pitch, off field success champions!

Mattj78 likes this.
  7. johnnyhrvat Guest

I blame the tea lady. It's no coincidence that she made the tea before both home games and we didn't win either - in fact she has been making the tea for the last seven years and we haven't won anything. She was responsible for calming Levy and Poch down when they were getting excited about another overpriced player - who, if successful, would have been refusing to play for us in a year's time whilst demanding a transfer to RM.
    Anyhow, my rant is over. Let's get on and hopefully enjoy the season watching Spurs play as a team rather than a bunch of individuals.

8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Blame the tea lady? Dnt you remember the tea we had in 90s?The cupboard has never had so many bags, yeah weve got a few basic home brands but we cant just buy fusions or the next earl grey, we tried pg tetley typhoo look how that ended? I know we all get charged for Twinings and get Basics in return but what with a new kettle on the way i think shes doing a wonderful job.
    Its the Tea Drinkers that are the problem, maybe the Tea Suppliers, The Kettle is holding her back, if only she had a proper sugar supplier she wouldnt be so reliant on one kane and could use a different approach for a better product?

Mattj78 likes this.
  9. josh_b

josh_b Active Member

^This is one of the best conversations I've seen on here for a while. Love it, gents.

10. Mattj78

Brilliant!!! Best post of 2015!!

11. S-P Guest

Is it? Is it really? The fact that I am not a wistful dreamer demanding Chelsea/Citeh levels of investments via personal wealth or failing that the complete, irresponsible financial ruination of the club, doesn't mean I have 'no ambition'.

For a start, I'm not declaring the season over already. I've hear that a million times. The same folk usually do it every year - we'll be lucky to finish 8th blah blah blah - and then when that doesn't happen they keep quite and don't publicly admit they were whiny little bitches who got it wrong. No, they just wait until the next season when their genius detects that something might not be absolutely perfect or paying £49 million for Raheem bluddy Sterling with stolen oil-mafiosa money, and decide they have an absolute need to tell the whole World that it is all a disaster and we'll be lucky to finish 8th blah blah bluddy blah.

Secondly, I actually think it is far more exciting to plan through the development of the youth set-up (ours is now one of the best in England and Europe - did you even know that, I try to get all relevant information first), through the development of infrastructure (that's training facilities, new stadium, etc., to you), and through sensible spending. It might not be as quick as being bought by a oil-mafioso tin-pot toss-pot tyrant spending money looted from the resources of his country's people, but, there again, I have an attention span which is longer than that of a demented gerbil.

It's funny how you don't actually address what I said at all. Funny as in LoL. If everyone has something different that is so bluddy wrong about the club that they rehearse every time that they detect everything isn't absolutely perfect, isn't it a miracle that the club haven't suffered fourteen straight relegations? I mena, shouldn't they, rightly be playing in the Two Year Old's Behind the Old Flea Market League or something? Because the reality is that the sixth best financed club (these things 'are' important y'know...sadly it's true) have finished 5th or 4th more often than not in the last decade - that is what you call empirically (buy a dictionary) punching above weight. The team has finished 4th twice - despite the fact that the Ruskie oil-mafioso bought the CL that year doesn't alter the fact that we finished 4th. Liverpool are the fifth best financed club in the EPL. We have finished above Liverpool in 5 of the last 6 seasons. We have halved the gap in finances between ourselves and Liverpool in the last decade. That is serious improvement. Not as serious, grant you, as having a huge oil fortune and distorting the transfer market to buy trophies, but serious improvement, none-the-less.

Maybe it's about time that if anyone who doesn't react like a spoiled child little bitch is going to be accused of this and that and the other (in this instance having no ambition), then it should be allowed to tell the whiny bitches who can't just support the club as is, but would rather whinge because they did better with FIFA 2015 in cheat mode should just feck off and support an oil-mafioso club. Some of us don't just support a club so that we can run around saying "look at me, the club I support are winners so I'm fecking fantastic". Some of us just support the club.

12. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Citeh, Chelsea obsessed!
    6th best financed blah blah blah
    You accept and wear failure like a badge of honour.

13. S-P Guest

Quite: Not reacting like a whiny-ass little bitch doesn't actually equate to not wanting a new striker.

For what it's worth, I think Peace was looking to make a point. We offered the £25 million he said he wanted (I don't believe for one minute that we only offered £5 million up front). All deals these days are include scheduled payments - Peace was working on a deal where West Brom would be making scheduled payments for Fazio. As for Wanyama, I said previously, and I will say again: I believe that the second Pochettino joined us his former bosses swore that they wouldn't sell one single player to him. Not one. The fact that he was promised his squad wouldn't be disassembled (which is exactly what happened to him at Espanyol) and then the new Chairperson of Southampton refused to rule that our, and, indeed, did it, doesn't seem to matter. Nor does it seem to matter that Liverpool have signed, like, the entire population of Southampton, in the last two seasons and we haven't signed a single player off them. It is playing to the crowd and the Saints fans are lapping it up rather than being pissed off with their board for losing Pochettino by disassembling his squad and asset stripping the squad. The big mistake that Levy & co. made, IMHO, is that they didn't realise this after Schneiderlin last summer and not putting any eggs in that basket.

14. S-P Guest

No, I accept supporting my team and wear it like a badge! I accept not being a whiny-ass bitch and wear it like a badge! I accept not declaring everything a failure and saying we will be lucky to finish 8th every single season at the first sign of things not being 'dead easy' and then being completely wrong (wash, rinse, repeat) like a badge! :)

It is those who are obsessed with measuring success or failure by matching (or not what Chelsea and Citeh have done, who are obsessed with Chelsea and Citeh.

And that is the whole point: you are looking at our 'not as much success as Citeh and Chelsea' and therefore declaring everything as failure. I don't see any failure. I see gradual improvement. And I'm excited by our young, exciting team and by the youth set-up, which is fantastic at the moment and filled with very exciting young players (if you think Harry Kane is all there is, you have been reading the wrong book).

15. Felon82 Well-Known Member

S-P

Please tell us about how well ran we are and about all the off field success we have and how you celebrate when you see the net spend table?

16. S-P Guest

Well, er, yeah, I think we'll finish Top Six again this year. Actually, I think we'll finish above Liverpool again, too. Exactly the same things were said last season: "Liverpool have signed Balotelli, they'll win the league" LoL.

If you think punching above weight, while developing a great youth set-up filled with exciting youth personnel, while building an exciting young squad, while building a state-of-the art training complex, while building a new stadium is 'destroying our great club' maybe you should look for something less destructive.

No-one is harking back 15 years - perhaps you should read what I said again, if that is what you think I said.

It is a myth that ENIC are draining anything out of the club. Where do you think the new training centre came from? Where do you think the new stadium will come from? Why do you think the club is one of the most financially stable and well-run in the league? Because ENIC are stealing all of the money? LoL.

What I find truly peculiar is that every other club's fans will defend their club to the limit even when they are clearly in the wrong. But Spurs fans just need to hear some made up BS, like the **** Peace is spouting, to believe it implicitly and blame their own club. FFS

17. S-P Guest

Clearly you have trouble reading what others have said.

I celebrate when we win games. We've won more of them over the past six years than Liverpool who are better financed than us. I know that is difficult for you to understand, but it is the truth.

I'll quite happily tell you how well run we are though. That is, fecking brilliantly. I was there when Scholar nearly ruined the club. And you whiny-ass bitches are acting like that it happening again. The reality is that the actions have been implemented for us to compete higher than we have done for the last 30 years, and for years to come. We have competed enough to consistently punch above our weight while and now have an exciting young squad, one of the best youth set-ups and some of the best youth personnel in Europe (where the feck do you think that comes from?), with one of the best training facilities in Europe, and soon to have one of the biggest and best stadiums at Europe, and at the same time halving the financial gap between ourselves and Liverpool. How the hell do you believe we have done that while ruining the club?

18. Felon82 Well-Known Member

What is your deep obsession with Liverpool aswell?

For some one who calls others 'whiney-ass little bitches' it does seem you practice what you preach.

19. S-P Guest

Well...er...no...I'm not whining about us finishing above Liveprool in 5 out of the last 6 seasons and halving the financial gap between us and them - I'm celebrating it. It's a pity you can't do the same. It's like you don't think that's a good thing, or believe it is an achievement. Do you?

It's funny that you don't like people swearing at you and want them to 'just make their point' - because you completely ignore/misinterpret their points when they do make them. And that is pretty insulting, actually.

20. Felon82 Well-Known Member

What has been the last 6 scores between Us and Liverpool who we are doing so much better than?

Liverpool who are 5th highest earning club narrowly missed out on the title a couple seasons ago, while we comfortably flat line with all this 'off field' success.

And S-P your potty talk is embarrassing your better than that and being as 'accepting' as you are i think we can agree to disagree and put this one to bed.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button