Toby Alderweireld replacement ready and waiting

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Josh Bolton, August 3, 2018.

Share This Page

1. antony Active Member

I agree our performance in this transfer window has been frustrating to say the least!! I'm trying to keep my powder dry until Thursday. If we are without at least 3 additions, 1 stela and we all know the type of player we need. Then DL for the reasons you state should be lynched from the highest point of The New Lane!

bruski likes this.
  2. Big fran Guest

Just watched 80 plus minutes of Grealish hopefully never again

Felon82 and Mick like this.
  3. Remy Uwilin

Remy Uwilin Active Member

Like many on here, hoping the only reason Toby hasn't left is that DL won't sell to Utd without Martial coming the other way. I'd even be up for holding on until January. We can't keep improving our rivals without getting nothing back in return.

Meanwhile, a player of Toby's quality shouldn't be wasted...I'd play him so long as he's professional which he has been and continue the development of Foyth & Vickers; Sanchez is already well established.

There's still time for us to improve this transfer window to try and bring in a player of top quality (Zaha - pay whatever it takes, he seems to want to leave CP), Grealish won't help that cause...I'd hold on to Dembele and Rose; maybe give Amos a chance to show his quality this season. Would like to see Georgiou also given a chance to play wing in the first team, to me...he's really the only true winger we've got in our squad other than Nkoudou whom I think he's better than.

4. Peter reed Guest

wake up spurs fans there will be no transfers.At least mourino has the bottle to question the Manx's transfer dealings what is pochetino saying? Nothing .Am i the only one who thinks he is becoming a yes man. He is a good coach but not strong enough manager to stand up to levy

Felon82 likes this.
  5. Felon82 Well-Known Member

I've touched on a few things recently about the man of principle....
    His cryptic up for interpretation that says 1 thing then does another before performing yet another U-turn has pissed me off recently.
    When things are working or something goes right it's all part of the philosophy or master plan, when things aren't it's play the victim card and the distancing himself.
    Many people seem to want to put Pochettino in the young Sir Alex Ferguson bracket but the difference between the 2 of them are 1 was already collecting pots b4 the big club and then was ruthlessly hungry for them after the initial settling period.
    Pochettino shows none of these traits imo you only have to listen to his pre semi final press conferences to realise this.
    We all know Levy is a pain in the backside but if Pochettino is happy to play the victim and allow Levy to hamstring him then I've less and less sympathy with him.

6. Bobo New Member

Gabriele Marcotti on Spurs

I don’t know if people know that Daniel Levy doesn’t actually own Tottenham. He operates Tottenham on behalf of someone else.

In the spirit of the new season and putting the boot into the powerful, especially the ones who always seem to get away with a pass…

There’s a man called Joe Lewis. He owns Tottenham. He’s a billionaire. He’s a tax exile. He’s a self-made billionaire who made his money in Britain, benefitting from the education and the government spending and everything in Britain.

What did he do? He busted the pound and the ERM along with George Soros in the early 1990s. And now he lives as a tax exile so he doesnt have to give money back to the country that enabled him to go and make all his money.

Daniel Levy is an employee of the club… People should move beyond Levy, and look at the guy who actually, ultimately owns the football club.

antony, Remy Uwilin and Josh Bolton like this.
  7. Remy Uwilin

Remy Uwilin Active Member

On this point, I for one can't stand Mourinho's consistent moaning. This coach can't get enough help. Think Poch said what he needed to say after last season; this transfer window will be a disappointment and just the other day he's distanced himself from the lack of activities in the window.

Don't think it will do any good for our club and squad if the manager starts criticizing the club in public, this damages the relationship and overall starts dividing the club and the fans. Hoping he's saying what needs to be said behind closed doors though, he seems to have to personality of confronting the issues headon. I respect his attitude, work with what he has...as opposed to crying about.

Mick, Josh Bolton and antony like this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button