The January striker signing to support Kane at Spurs

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Josh Bolton, December 1, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Oh and Chugger Chladli.....might get a goal or two there....off the bench for me.

2. burnt Guest

On a diff note Scouserpool are starting to get their act together and considering their poor start , all top teams played away from home , a far deeper squad then ours , a proven world class manager and only 2 points behind , i think a top 4 is starting to look ominous for them i.m.o ......

3. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Starting a season with one striker is criminal and the bullish attempt to take West Broms best asset was another embarrassment for this club. I doubt very much that we will buy a quality striker in jan. We all know Danny boy wont pay a players value let alone anything over that typical for
    january. Its not going to happen.
    Also why would an in form striker jump ship mid season to play second fiddle to Harry and warm the bench. Not my ideal choice but maybe Chadli could fill in when fit.

Jonesy likes this.
  4. burnt Guest

I think we need to get more goals from the team as a whole .. We are all getting a little sucked into a starting position on paper when its a little diff to that in reality ... In theory its supposed to be a fluid system with players interchanging in the front 4 positions and while we would hope the person at the head of system on paper would be the predominant scorer the rest have to do a lot better in the scoring stakes ... It cant be left to one person no matter who it is ... Even a Ronaldo or a Messi would be up against it in that situation .. We also have to remember its relatively early days in the progress of this side so hopefully it will develop further as time goes on especially in this area of the pitch and in time it wont look like we are putting all our scoring eggs in one basket ...

5. Spurporter Well-Known Member

26 is Gareth Bale age. There is no way Levy keeps Kane or anyone to that age if serious suitor calls. Kane was not sold last summer only because he was too young and his price would only go up over time. After 25-26 price would decline. Wenger held up to RVP a little longer than he should, for instance.

6. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Levy should have bought in the summer; that is clear. We tried to box clever and it backfired!

Yes Berahino could do a job, but I'm not sure his attitude will be right - esp when being the back up to Kane.

I think Austin or Perez could provide some value and all have the right attitude. Bolasie or Mahrez would also be sound purchases, but difficult to land IMO.

What we don't want is a window that sees us bring in the likes of Saha and Nelsen again. Seriously... That window still gets under my skin!

3 points needed at the Hawthorns this wkd. COYS - we want 14 games unbeaten :)

Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.
  7. Siggy22 Guest

Spurporter, Saido Berahino is 22 right now and the price quoted for him is at least £25m.

Do you think Daniel Levy will spend that amount of money on a player to ship him out 3 & a half seasons on?

Even if he did do that, how much profit would he expect to make...he'd have to sell him on for at least £40m to get his money back + extras for his pocket.

8. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

Maybe I dont watch enuf football but I cant see Berahino being anywhere near 20-25m ? what has he done ?

Jonesy likes this.
  9. Jonesy

Jonesy Well-Known Member

Agree. If he sorted his attitude and performances out on the pitch, he is worth £15/17m IMO.

£25m is unduly high and is based on the Baggies digging their heels in and basically setting a premium for potential and nationality!

Nomadico likes this.
  10. Nomadico Well-Known Member

Berahino is a shadow of last season,this season he is doing what he has to to get the move,last season maybe a 20mill player now 15 max,Berbs,Modric,Bale,did the same to us to force a move,will his attitude change if he came to us I am sure it will, but do we want a player that does this?????

11. burnt Guest

Carrick 18 mill , Berbatov 33 mill , Modric 33 mill , Bale 85 mill , Keane 20 mill ,

You nearly always have to pay over the odds when your buying other teams better players especially when they,re on long contracts and the other club don't want to sell .. Berahino,s contract is heading down towards its final year i think so that should help to a certain degree but the biggest stumbling block reguarding him i.m.o will be the sour relationship between Peace and Levy .. There wasn't much value in the players listed above , only Modric was in or around his true value i.m.o , the rest went at premium rate , extortionate in the case of Bale and Berbatov ...... Not quiet sure what to make of Berahino myself so wont be loosing too much sleep over it either way ....

Nomadico likes this.
  12. Nomadico Well-Known Member

It was not just the price being asked but his attitude,this season he is clearly playing to get his price down and just wants out,if the price has dropped now then in the summer it will be even lower if he keeps up playing the way he is.I am not sure we should have another sulk on our hands if he has less game time as back up to Kane..

13. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Having listened today, watched all the home games and most of the away games, for me there is one, perhaps two key things......no pace and just not enough goals.
    Now I know you just can't magic goals, but you can buy pace....so I'll revert to my earlier post.....Bolasie and Mahrez.
    So for sure the latters price may have gone up after today, but so what.
    Get out there Levy and acquire the pair of them.
    COYS

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button