Team news and expected line-up vs West Brom

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Callum, April 11, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Callum

Callum New Member

Spurs travel to The Hawthorns on Saturday afternoon hoping to build on Monday night's impressive 5-1 demolition of Sunderland.
    A win would take Tim Sherwood's men two points behind fourth placed Arsenal who don't play in the league this weekend due to FA Cup commitments. Admittedly, the Gunners would then have a game in hand.

With two wins in their last ten the Baggies face a brutal battle to beat the drop. They currently sit 16th in the Premier league, five points clear of the relegation zone but with a game in hand.

In fifteen Primer League meetings between the two sides Spurs have prevailed on seven occasions. West Brom have won just two and six have ended in a draw.

The most recent draw between the two sides came on Boxing Day at White Hart Lane. Christian Erisken put Spurs ahead with a magnificent free-kick from 20 yards only for Jonas Olsson to cancel out the host's advantage two minutes later.

In the corresponding fixture last season, Tottenham collected all three points thanks to a fierce strike from Gareth Bale in a game that saw Goran Popov sent off for spitting at Kyle Walker.

What they said...
    Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood on his future at Spurs:

“I am concentrating on trying to win the next five games for Tottenham.That will iron itself out in due course.”

West Brom manager Pepe Mel on the recent dressing room bust up between Saido Berahino and James Morrison:

“The players know now that the only route is to be united. The problems made us more united.All of the players have really helped and gone in the same direction.”

Spurs shot stopper Hugo Lloris on the threat the Baggies pose:

“West Brom will be another tough game. It’s never easy when you’re playing away from home and they’ve had a couple of good results recently.We have to be aware and give everything to get three more points.

Team News
    Roberto Soldado (hamstring) has returned to training but will not be fit to play. Mousa Dembélé (hip) and Etienne Capoue (foot) are unavailable for selection.

Kyle Walker (pelvis), Erik Lamela (back) and Jan Vertonghen (ankle) remain out.

Possible line-up
    Lloris; Naughton, Kaboul, Chiriches, Rose; Bentaleb; Lennon, Eriksen; Chadli; Adebayor, Kane. (4-1-2-1-2)

2. DestroyTim Guest

Enough with Bentaleb

3. Kenneth Guest

Think Paulinho might start, with Bentaleb on the bench

4. Chris Guest

Enough with Lennon!!!

5. jay Guest

We need to focus on our defence not are forward s

6. Spurman4 New Member

Forgive me if I am missing a trick, but the team selections astound me week in week out. In my view, Naughton is not good enough, offers nothing going forward. Sandro should play if fit, offers real passion and heart. Bentaleb a great prospect, but overused. Townsend should be given more game time as he was electric earlier in the season and with the world cup looming has a point to prove. Eriksen down the middle, not out wide!!! Could someone also please explain why Holtby is out on loan!!! A real tiger who plays his socks off.

7. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

whats happened to sandro? i cant see tim going two weeks without his beloved benteleb so i just hope that sandro gets a run as well id be gutted if he joins the players wanting to leave at the end of season. fryers on the left for me. expect tim to play with two strikers again with eriksen on the left with a bit of freedom to roam. dont want to see paulinho out there he did nothing last week as usual.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button