Team news and expected line-up versus Burnley - 14/01/2015

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Josh Bolton, January 14, 2015.

Share This Page

1. Josh Bolton

Josh Bolton Active Member

Twitter:
    JMRBolton3
    Spurs’ hectic winter schedule is well underway and there’s nothing that epitomizes this more than a mid-week cup replay.

After a less-than-inspiring match at Turf Moor last Monday, hopefully tomorrow’s clash at the Lane will produce more excitement – and more than anything else, a win!

Team news

The big news heading out of White Hart Lane is that both Erik Lamela and Ryan Mason will have late fitness tests before this cup tie. Although I would not expect them to be rushed back into the starting line-up at the expense of further injuries.

Much of the British press believe that Pochettino is set to rest star-man Harry Kane – a wise move no doubt as worries arise as to whether Kane may burn out as the season goes on.

Nabil Bentaleb, as the world and his wife should know, is away for the African Cup of Nations – leaving Pochettino to pick between Stambouli, Dembele, Paulinho or Capoue to partner Mason. That is providing Mason passes his fitness test.

Words before Wednesday

Ahead of the game, youngster Eric Dier has reserved some words of praise for fellow England U21 man and current Burnley striker Danny Ings. Dier has said: “Danny Ings is a massive threat and he's probably their most dangerous player. I've played with him for England Under-21s and I've seen at close quarters that he's a really good player.

He's shown that he's very sharp, so we'll have to keep an eye on him. In terms of the game itself, Burnley made it difficult for us and their style of play was tough to play against last week, but at White Hart Lane we fancy our chances, especially with our recent home form going in our favour.”

Burnley boss Sean Dyche was also full of praise for his player, but insisted that his club were in no position to sell, with Spurs reportedly interested. Dyche said of Ings: “It is an ongoing situation with Danny but he will be a Burnley player - I'm sure of that because he's come out and said it.”

Focusing the match itself, Dyche added: “The team we put out against Tottenham last time was the strongest team we could field because of injury and illness - that will be the same again. We want to win the game. We've had a nice little run of performances and we've been getting rewards from those performances. "

Predicted line-up

(4-2-3-1) Vorm; Walker; Fazio; Vertonghen; Davies; Stambouli; Dembele; Townsend; Chadli; Eriksen; Soldado.

2. RJ Spurs Guest

Please. Not bleeding Dembele. We can't keep having him slow things down any more

3. Anthony Guest

Like many others, you unfairly stick to Dembele being the one to slow things down. He has been moving the ball much quicker and if other players actually run off the ball instead of standing still or coming back towards the midfield then an argument could be made. As bad as fans were for being stubborn that Bentley had talent the same can be said for those that will not open their eyes and admit that the Mouse is not our problem. Nobody made more forward passes against Palace than Dembele. He also had the third highest number of forwards passes against Chelsea. Time for people to stop repeating the same old garbage give him a chance. OR do we want to start Paulinho?? HAHA, Capoue not in match shape he looked slow,Stambouli? maybe along side Dembele. Oh I know you want the ball winning midfielder Eriksen or push Townsend in the middle. That makes sense.

4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Im still waiting to see this high pressing game Poch was brought into employ, its still disjointed with a number of players coasting, and palace was a typical display from us never really controlled the game, struggled for movement, isolated the striker etc.

bruski likes this.
  5. John G New Member

It's time the whole squad was made use of and not just the managers favourites. Against Palace Pocc made a right pigs ear of his timing and use of substitutes. It was very apparent that Townsend was having a poor game so why was'nt Lennon used as his replacement ?. also it was clear Danny Rose was having a torrid time against Puncheon and Pocc failed to sort that. Eriksen was played out of position and was not at his best,another Pocc error!. There were others that I have not mentioned who had poor games and that's why we have subs on the bench.It was not too difficult to see the above items happening so what was our manager on!.

6. Whatever tonights team is make sure that everyone plays in their correct positions, and off course you know who must NOT play.

7. big fran Guest

One or two need a rest is Kane and eriksen. I say 442 em have a go and give the fans summat to shout about. Vorm walker dier verthonghen Davies dembele capoue lennon Townsend soldado adebayor.

bruski likes this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button