Rudderless Spurs

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, May 10, 2021.

Share This Page

1. I’d prefer not to entertain posts from someone who fills their head with imaginary anecdotes

But one last time for those at home...

Best European finish in history

Best league season in 60 years

Best league win percentage (minimum one season) in 120 years

End of story

Don’t let the facts hit you on your way out the door

2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Surely Jose’s ghost winning a European competition is better than a dire runners up .Best win percentage for one season so what Sheffield United did this last year and then followed it up with relegation.Win percentage when Pochetino got sacked was one of lowest in last 20 years and league position was worse for a decade but don’t let the facts get in the way.By the way I was there when spurs won. Cup winners cup to become the first English winners and I know which I preferred winning or disgracing the club in the champions league final

3. For God’s sake Preed pull your head in son

Winning the Europa League is a poor man’s Champions League run... that’s what they call the UEFA cup these days... Cup Winners got subsumed into all of that some years ago

Pochettino is Spurs best league manager since 1899... check the God damn facts or throw your hat in with the reprobates around here... your choice

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What a load of tripe you come out with Jose’s ghost the cup winners cup originally was highly rated and usually comprised quality teams more so than the Europa league does now.Have you not heard of Arthur Rowe and Bill Nicholson who won the league.Rowe was responsible for the great push and run style copied by many teams after and the greatest ever spurs managerBilly nich who was the first manager in the modern era to do the double.when we won the cup winners there was no Europa for teams that finished 4th.You also fail to admit how lucky we were to get to the final and then made it obvious by stinking the final out against a not very good Liverpool team at that time.You must be the only person who rates Pochetino the best ever.over the man who did the double and became the first manager to win a European competition for an English team?These are the FACTS.I think your head is somewhere where it shouldn’t be

5. Cup Winners got absorbed into UEFA Cup in 1999... FACT

Pochettino has the best career league win percentage of any Spurs manager (minimum one season) since 1899... FACT

Now go take a seat in the corner where you belong

6. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Guys, phrases listed below are very much avoidable in discussion.
    "For God’s sake ... pull your head in son"
    "What a load of tripe you come out with"
    "Now go take a seat in the corner where you belong"

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Accept the point staff member but how else can I get a point over that one seasons points does not make Pochetino a better manager than the man who did the Double.That means Jose’s ghost that we won the league and cup in the same season which had never been done .ARE THERE ANY OTHER PEOPLE ON THIS SITE WHO THINK POCHETINO IS THE GREATEST MANAGER IN THE CLUBS HISTORY.Please post if you do.Let’s not kid ourselves that the year being talked about was one of the weakest in the premiership as Leicester won the league no disrespect and who beat us in the cup.By the way we won the cup winners cup in1963 long before the uefa was thought about

Last edited: June 14, 2021
  8. Listen to what’s been said before going off on your own tangent...

16/17 was the best league season since 60/61... FACT

Pochettino has the best league record of any Spurs manager (non interim) since 1899... FACT

2019 Champions League was Spurs best ever finish in Europe... FACT

I didn’t say he was a better manager than Nicholson... you’ve absolutely just made that up... but even if I did it would not be a fact... it would be a subjective judgement

9. Cheshuntboy Guest

At what point does 'Jose's Ghost's' persistent abuse qualify him for permanent exclusion from this site? Not only does he insult anyone who disagrees with him, but his posts are endless repetitions of the same nonsensical praise for Pochettino, who is simply above criticism, such is his blind adoration for the gaucho porker. Can't he be put out of his misery, for all our sakes?

10. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Poch is the best manger in Levy's tenure. That's all. Fonseca is expected to be Poch 2

11. Another hilarious hypocritical post from the Sensitive One

Gaucho porker? So what exactly qualifies as abuse for you? haha

I very much appreciate you would like me to disperse as you can never seem to win an argument while I’m here

That’s generally what happens when one has no interest in facts

And yes Pochettino is the duck’s nuts around here... Spurs gold standard of the Premier League era if you will

He will remain so until another manager steps up and surpasses him

Enjoy

12. You’ll have to go back further than that

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

If you say Pochetino is the greatest spurs manager ever does that not say you think he was better than Nicholson.I notice you have weakened about the greatest season saying best since 1961.winning a European cup of any kind is preferable to me than an insipid embarrassment served up against liverpool

14. He has the best career league record in an eternity Preed

So when someone asks you...

What did Pochettino ever win?

You can say...

Well more football matches per attempt than any flippin Spurs manager since the 19th century

At no point did I say 16/17 was the greatest league season ever... that is obviously 60/61

I may not have been there but I know my club history mate

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Did your club history tell you that Villas Boas had a higher win percentage than Pochetino

16. Not in the league he didn’t no... that has always been the barometer of any football club as it’s standardised unlike cup football

17. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Answer-
    The Audi Cup & the Jockey Club Kitchee Centre Challenge Cup.

18. Guesty Guest

Unfortunately I think the stress placed upon us fans, by the club, isn’t going to ease up any time soon.
    Sadly, when Kane goes, it will get worse before it ever gets any better.

In my opinion the past is the past......be that JM, Pochy or anyone before them. We can do nothing about it now except reflect.

let’s hope any new incumbents.....management and players......click quickly....
    otherwise Admin won’t save us

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Rumour has it that Fonsecas training sessions are very high tempo and he likes to play a high press .This should sort the wood from the trees and those who can’t cope should be moved on

20. THFC Guest

I think we need to be realistic about our achievements with Poch which seem to be massively undervalued.

Do you think we would have won the double if the “fair play” that exists today was in effect. There is no way….the money in today’s football dictates the success that is obtained.

Yes Rowe and Nicholson were brilliant for their time but these are different times with very different football being played.

The speed of the game now is next level and the performance of the players can’t be compared to the 60’s.

Whatever anyone feels about Poch, the fact is that he helped us punch miles above our weight.

I never thought I would watch us in a Champions League final but I did…I’ll be forever grateful to him for that. He also put the brakes on us finishing every season outside the top 4 and behind Arsenal so again…he did a great job.

It’s absurd that people slate him and defend others when he was calling out the same issues and working under the same constraints.

For me, based on the quality, speed and money involved…he is probably the best manager that we have had given what he managed to achieve (trophy or no trophy)

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button