Rudderless Spurs

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, May 10, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Wenger stale out?

He did some of his best work the last few years with what had clearly become a distinctly average squad

Hounding him out was indeed the dumbest thing Arsenal fans could ever do... only on par with those nob ends who dump on Pochettino in terms of stupidity

Pochettino sure looks better and better as each day passes around here

But no one will be missing Jose regardless if the Fonz pans out

2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Get over it Jose Pochetino has moved on.All that we have to do now is move on some of the scintillating players he brought on in his time at the club ie Dier Winks Aurier I see we have sold foyth today who I think showed more promise than Sanchez who we will probably keep

3. Joseph Guest

What actually do our fans want? They didn’t like Jose, complained about conte and now complaining about Fonseca! These managers know how to win trophies but some of our fans only want Poch who won nothing with in five years.

Felon82 likes this.
  4. Genevaspurs Guest

For my part, I never complained about Conte ! Ok he is very concerned about himself and the financial side of the club where he signs but he only signs where he can win and where the management of the club is ready to give him the money to win! Fonseca is going to eat from Levy's hand and do with what he is going to make available to him as players and that is already a bad sign! Fonseca has no record compared to Conte (and no knowledge of the premier league)... I'm not afraid to say that I regret this choice and I obviously hope I'm wrong. Nothing is less certain ... I have decided not to renew my membership status and not to buy the new jersey to show my disagreement with this choice!

5. Jose's Ghost Guest

Yeah Pochettino won nothing

Just managed Spurs to their best league season in 60 effing years! and their highest placing in Europe... ever!

Apparently that's all par for the course for the reprobates around here

Reality is a bitch

6. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Facts

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What do you mean Jose’s ghost highest position in Europe .We have won the cup winners cup and the uefa cup and we stank the final out against Liverpool.Just to remind you spurs were the first English team to win a European competition.Old hat I know but if it had not been for a twitchy linesman we would probably have won the European cup in 1962 instead of losing to the great Benfica teamin the semi final.How much luck did we get against city and ajax

Last edited: June 12, 2021
    Felon82 likes this.
  8. Cheshuntboy Guest

Jose's Ghost/Flawless/Whatever has his 'truth', which bears as much resemblance to reality as Meghan Markle's. He'll never get over Pochettino, and never stop peddling the arrant nonsense that we deserved to get to the CL Final in 2019 - he probably thinks we deserved to win it, rather than face the reality that Pochettino's team disgraced the good name the club by its abject performance!

Felon82 likes this.
  9. UEFA and Cup Winners were secondary competitions

2019 was our greatest finish in Europe... ever

Seems some are incapable of processing the magnitude of that

10. Who’s this Flawless fellow? I’d like to meet him... sounds hilarious

As for the final... Spurs 65% possession... 16 shots to 14... Liverpool gifted a dodgy penalty after 1 minute

Hardly abject... we win that game 5 times out of 10... so bitterly disappointing to this day

Still the club made history whether you like it or not

11. I assume that there will be no more bitchin about Hitchen now that Paratici has arrived

The Fonz will be here soon too and while expectations will not be sky high he may well do good

At the very least Spurs will return to playing the correct way and entertain more often than not in the process

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Forget your bitching today and join me in wishing Ericson a full recovery and our best wishes are with his wife and family at this terrible news tody

Felon82 likes this.
  13. THFC Guest

After what has been a really upsetting and heart breaking day for football, some good news for Spurs at last with it now being confirmed that Fabio Paratici has been appointed as managing director of football
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57456388

14. THFC Guest

For anyone that hadnt seen it and as preed eluded to, while watching the Denmark-Finland game and CE collapsed requiring CPR. Genuinely upsetting, not only because he is quality/class and ex Spurs but makes you forget football and realise how quickly things can change for people. It was heartbreaking watching his wife run to the pitch. Apparently he is awake and breathing in hospital and the Denmark-Finland fans were amazing. They sang his name together and consoled each other in the stadium showing that despite its reputation of divisive fans, there really are some good ones out there. He will always be our 23 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Felon82 likes this.
  15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Nice to see Ericson is Recovering.Get well soon

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I know this is not really the place for this but having watched Kane play for England today he has probably taken millions off his transfer value as he was by far the worse player on the pitch

17. Felon82 Well-Known Member

He's our entire team we are fooked without him.
    Hence why the stance should be minimum of £150+ just to get to negotiations.

18. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Was awful what happened to CE yesterday great news he's ok/recovering.
    Hopefully he will make a full recovery and play again because on his day he is up there with the best in quality.

19. Guesty Guest

surely no-one looks good playing for England?
    ....they are a beyond boring team to watch.
    If you had to put up with watching that every Saturday you'd give up and go shopping with the Mrs.
    Gazza was the last person in an England shirt that made me want to watch.

Kane will go. nothing will stop that.
    DL will start by looking for £200m but agree he will end up with £150m. (or poor player exchanges)
    I've said for a while...... if Kane is at Spurs next season he is an idiot.
    The club are showi g mo desire to win things so why should he stay

good news about CE. shocking situation yesterday.
    the Danish skipper and Schmeichel really did well. (as did the medical team of course)
    ..... and the Finnish fans singing his name was a nice touch.
    horribly sad the whole event.

20. Felon82 Well-Known Member

The run to the final consisted of scraping through the group not on GD but having scored more.
    The only decent side we beat convincingly was Dortmund.
    Then quarter & semi finals totally out played in but scraped through both on away goals and at the death.
    Was sheer fluke that ran out a minute into the final, where a player that shouldn't be anywhere near a CL final was doing his usual pointing utterly clueless.
    To even make out it was anything but pure luck is disingenuous and we soon found our genuine level during the back of that season and next.

The only thing good about that run was cup magic/drama was never about how quality we were.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button