Rudderless Spurs

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, May 10, 2021.

Share This Page

1. THFC Guest

Sorry Felon, this question was in response to “@THFC are you still gonna tell us what a remarkable job Tuchel is doing ?” from 15th May by the way :)

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

If Tuchel had arrived at Spurs with this squad he wouldn't have done anything more than JM or Mason.
    The reason theyve had a bounce is because the good summer buisness had time to gel and improve.
    Was a unique situation.

We simply have an appalling squad it needs ripping up not coaching and I continue to stand by that.

Jesper likes this.
  3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What is Levy doing.It appears that Paris have extended Pochs contract and we still await our new manager.Now over a month and the transfer window due to open very soon.The man is a complete joke and is making spurs a laughing stock.I have now reached the point where I don’t care who it is just get it done.We are in for a period of struggle and we could be fighting with the Burnley’s Brighton’s etc rather than the top four

4. Guesty Guest

...... did I read correctly that Hitchen has been put in charge of finding a new manager!?!?!? :mad:

Felon82 likes this.
  5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Unfortunately he could not find his own ****

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Just a change I am watching a cracking under 21 game Italy versus Portugal.Portugal have a midfielder who was subbed after an hour of doing absolutely nothing name Gedson Fernandes.Another Hitchens super bit of scouting

7. THFC Guest

If Man City really do want Kane, we should be asking for all 4 of Laporte, Ake, Sterling and Jesus….

8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Talk of Sterling being part of a make weight swap deal neglects the fact he's on 300k a week with over 2 years still to run on his contract.
    Would automatically make him our highest earner and let's be honest he's inconsistent at best.
    Can't see it happening why would they wanna leave city to come to the Amateurville horror show ?

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Would not want Stirling .Felon is right though what player would want to join our mess’at the moment.Sitting on city’s bench better than losing to the likes of Brighton

10. THFC Guest

True but we could do with a couple of experienced attackers and a couple of experienced defenders and Man City have probably got the best squad for some part exchanges…probably a bit hopeful for 4 and you are right about the money Sterling is paid although he can be decent

11. THFC Guest

Fair point, nothing is going to happen while we have no manager

12. Guesty Guest

I'm not a Sterling fan by any stretch of T H e imagination...... but I'd prefer him to any or our attacking players (Moura, Vinicius, Bergwijn, Lo Celso, Alli or Lamela)

he'd probably be better at moving the ball on than Winks as well

13. Cheshuntboy Guest

A player exchange or part exchange for Kane would be a disaster - I loath Sterling (who represents everything that's wrong with the modern footballer, even more than our very own gangsta Alli), but he's been on the up since he was a kid, from Millwall to Liverpool to City, and Spurs 2021 would be a clear step down, whatever we think, and he'd no doubt end up like Adebayor, thinking he's too good for the club, but too entitled to prove it on the pitch. We need players willing to fight for a first-team place, not be happy to join our perennial bench-warmers, and it's hard to imagine any City players who wouldn't view Spurs as beneath them, however great the stadium or the number of chicken shops on the High Road.
    I'm afraid that we continue to be cursed as the 'nearly' club, only able to attract or keep hold of 'nearly' players, while the Modrics and Bales decamp at the earliest opportunity, and God knows how Levy will deal with the latest refusnik, to judge from his previous successes - he sold Elvis and bought Pussycat Dolls back in 2013, after all.

Felon82 likes this.
  14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What the f*** is Levy playing at.Latest news he has approached Conte this after he said he wanted Pochetino.Is this just paper talk or is he really making us into bigger laughing stocks than we already are.Has he not seen that Conte left Milan because they would not back him in transfer market or is he going to splash the cash.I have supported this club for over60 years through good times and bad but I can never remember being embarrassed like I am now

15. Genevaspurs Guest

The other major fact in this story would be the arrival of a new director of football and this point is immensely important to me. Almost as much as that of Manager. So if Levy is willing to oust his friend Hitchen for someone competent then the optimism will return in my support for Spurs ....!

16. Felon82 Well-Known Member

This fan base n players couldn't handle Conte.
    Another winner that won't suffer fools gladly but the loser players n their fan boys will cry and hound out if not playing champagne football.

He's exactly the type of manager we need but it won't fit for the reasons above.

I doubt Pochettino will come back either it's just a ploy for ST renewal.

Itl be dragged out n the longer it goes on the worse calibre of manager itl be but by then people will have accepted whatever sh;t they serve up through desperation .

17. Guesty Guest

I hope it isn't Martinez.
    every time I read his connection to the job I need a drink

Not sure about Conte. just something about him I don't like. probably the Chavski connection.

18. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Could be worse it could be Southgate after watching England dross to tonight

19. Conte most likely

Will be a good hire... in the short term at least... he knows how to win but unlike Jose he likes to score goals

Expect Levy to start wearing a rug

20. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Only outscored by City n Utd though .....

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button