Rudderless Spurs

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, May 10, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Spurporter Well-Known Member

I think levy got screwed with his quick move for Hagelsmann. That blew in his face, as Spurs have no replacement manager resulting from JM firing.
    If you ask me, I'd vote for Rafael Benitez. The man knows the league and can rebuilt the Spurs, if his reputation will keep Kane and Son staying put.
    I doubt Poch will come to Spurs. He would rather look up to Madrid job. Why would he want to step back?

2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Sorry Spurporter but do you remember the mind blowing boring football that Benitez served up at Newcastle.Nothank you

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

This is really becoming a total farce and why are we surprised .Does anybody really think that Pochetino is going to come back and manage the squad he took to 14th place before he got sacked.Which squad would you rather manage ours or one that includes world class players.If he did manage to leave Paris it is more likely for Madrid.I want to see some decision making from Levy and stop this time wasting. We need a manager now and one that can clear the dross .Levy is playing games using the manager resignations to cover up his lack of progress.I am surprised by the lack of comment on this site even though it’s the off season

4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Look at Juventus for instance Pirlo gone Allegri straight in.
    Players know where they are, what's happening and have an expectancy to focus on.

Liverpool asap working on improving their defence (not by coaching may I add) Davies & Kabak not up to scratch so bought aimed for better in Konaté.

Meanwhile on the good ship ENIC FC the iceberg hit a while back, we have no manager, players just loafing around in their usual comfort zone, no direction, no transfer targets/ideas, dead wood dry rotting up the place.

The rumours of Pochettino returning are concerning.
    This guy couldn't win anything for us when he had a far superior side to what we have now.
    A proper yes man who genuinely said there's no 1 that can improve his side that hadn't won anything and that being brave meant building a stadium.
    Of course the cult love affair with this guy absolves him of no responsibility during his time at the club, the big money flops, the long contracts for average players, hiding during the transfer windows, sulking on the touch line (all whilst telling all how happy & calm he was).

The last year n a half of Pochs brand of football was dire some people are still in pure denial that it wasn't but it was.
    And the reason for this was the same reason JM failed because the squad stagnated unchallenged and has lost most of the quality/qualities that made it good.

Until the manager is put in place, backed to shake this squad up (something we all know it won't happen.) Then it's ground hog day at Spurs.
    Our fan base is too sensitive when it comes to making big decisions incase it hurts a wastrel players feelings.

So if a winner comes in and demands a certain mindset Hel soon fall out of favour with the losers in our squad.
    The alternative is a smiley coach whol flatter to deceive and will just be another pointless fruitless exercise.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  5. You might want to reconsider that. Pochettino championed the academy even when there wasn’t a great deal there.

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Could not agree more Felon .It’s surprising the Poch lovers who do not need to be named have not been on here thinking all their dreams have come true.

Felon82 likes this.
  7. No

Why are you getting worked up?

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Sorry Jose’s ghost what did Pochetino do to champion the academy apart from getting his son in.Our youths do not compete in the youth cup after a couple of rounds.I watched the youth final this week and Aston Villa had a few classy players,. By the way nice to see you have not gone to sleep.I am not worked up just frustrated with the mess that Levy seems create on a daily basis

9. Keep praying for that oil money to come in... it might happen one day

But whatever will you complain about then?

You best make your mind up because you’re all over the place

Apparently success is predicated on wealth you say... but yet when we had a manager who punched far above his weight in that sense he was a complete waste of space?

The fact is Pochettino achieved far more at Spurs than any other manager has in many many years... the financial constraints placed upon him made it all the more impressive in this day and age

He also did it all with a great deal of style and grace

And yet you’re absolutely flabbergasted as to why he’s appreciated around here?

If it all wasn’t remotely good enough for you... because he didn’t win the double I suppose... then best you go sit with all those Forest fans who complain about not winning the Champions League every year

For someone forever crying delusional you sure do have a tenuous grasp on reality

10. He gave Ryan Mason a run for starters... which no sane coach without an agenda would have ever done

Add Winks to that

Pochettino wanted to ensure that youth players realised there was a pathway to the first team at Spurs... he mentioned it numerous times

Nice idea in theory... the problem is the quality has rarely been there

11. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Mason was playing as a starter alongside Bentaleb under Sherwood before Pochettino was even at Spurs.

Just the usual myths about Pochettino being debunked time n again, but let's ignore facts for the legend to remain.

12. Er no... you might want to reconsider that

Once again I’m not sure much need be said when you do such a good job of debunking yourself

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Nice to see Jose’s ghost still finds a way to insult people who don’t agree with him especially when it comes to praising the god figure Pochetino.I personally think Harry did just as good a job and it was him that converted an average full back into a world class winger. I am lucky because I was a supporter when we had the push and run team in the 50s and a manager in the 60s the great bill Nicholson so I know what success looks like.We also had periods under other managers where we won euro cups and fa cups but the league always seemed to far away.What did Pochetino win

14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Jose’s ghost Mason played his first game for spurs 2008 long before Pochetino joined the club.If you are trying to show your wisdom check your facts first

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    Felon82 likes this.
  15. A boatload of football matches... you know those things you used to be able to go and watch on a weekend?

Redknapp was good... despite blowing his last season with us banging on about the England job every week as the club went into free fall

16. Oh for the love of God

Pochettino brought Mason into the first team squad in 2014 and made him a regular

Who cares if he made his debut at 17 only to never be seen again for another 6 years

I suppose you’re going to tell me he popped in for an appearance in 2012 now?

Pochettino championed him for a specific reason... like Winks

I didn’t agree with it... just stating the facts

17. Guesty Guest

by 'Harry' do you mean Redknapp?
    by 'World class winger' do you mean Bale?
    ...... fairly sure Harry took an average LB and tried to sell him to West Ham for £5m

Only injuries gave Bale an initial chance...... which he took very well of course...

18. Jesper Active Member

A huge part of why Spurs youth aren't great now is that Spurs couldn't compete for talents as Spurs had cancelled the loan-program. Talents had options and chose to go to clubs where they'd get the chance to prove themselves out on loan rather than rotting on the bench. Getting a few minutes of playing time per season for Spurs while being forgotten and talents at other clubs got to prove themselves and thereby getting good contracts.

& who was the genius who cancelled the loan-program? Pochettino.
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/mar/10/mauricio-pochettino-tottenham-talent-loan

The biggest myth about Pochettino is probably the one about his greatness in developing youth. I'd say it is more likely that he is responsible for hindering the development of youth at Spurs and for difficulties in recruiting young talent to Spurs.

He's good at other things, but as for developing youth then I'd say he's very poor.

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

;

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

If as you say Jose’s ghost Pochetino championed Mason and Winks that should tell you that he is not a very good judge of a player.Even you must see that Winks is a championship player at best

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button