Rudderless Spurs

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Felon82, May 10, 2021.

Share This Page

1. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Haha its quite funny how if you don't insanely hate Jose and can see there's lots of problems with the quality in this team he's your golden boy or you're his biggest fan, it's quite puerile but then from someone who names himself Jose's Ghost and just spouts pure bile towards the man with a deranged obsession it's not surprising.

Were you happy with your golden boy Pochettino when he was appointed?
    He'd not done aswell with Southampton as Nuno has with Wolves and with previous clubs and look at how well we did for a few seasons under him.

2. Jose's Ghost Guest

No one knows how to throw their toys out of the pram quite like you Felon82... that's well established

Yet for all your invective nary was their ever a word of criticism for your boy Jose... indeed you backed him to the hilt despite all evidence to the contrary... so own it like a man

There is a reason they give out 3 points for a win these days... as an incentive to stop clubs from boring the life out of the fans

There is a time and a place for defensive counter attacking football... but those who use it as a rule of thumb should never manage Spurs

Nuno is cut from the same cloth as his predecessor... nothing against him personally... he's a nice fellow... but I don't have any time for his philosophy

Pochettino on the other hand understands how football should be played... he is Spurs golden boy... I've also criticised him a number of times... it's called being impartial... you should give it a go sometimes

3. THFC Guest

I think we need to give Nuno a chance. He has played a number of styles from what I can see and had Wolves punching way above their weight.

If we can sell a few of our well recognised duds, sign a few new additions, he might be great.

I’m not for or against him at the moment, just want to give him 6 months to see how we are playing and progressing. The performances are in many respects, more important than the results in that period.

If we are playing defensive punt ball and winning games by the odd goal, he will join his predecessor for me but you never know, he may yet have us looking like a team and playing well so we need to afford him that chance.

4. Jose's Ghost Guest

I appreciate the sentiment THFC... hope springs eternal as they say... particularly at the beginning of a new season

But this is close to the worst appointment the board could have made... I'll reserve that accolade for Gattuso who for some ungodly reason we actually enquired about

Levy must think Spurs fans are complete fools (he certainly has plenty of reasons to believe so) or perhaps he actually doesn't have a clue himself... either way it is not a good look

To promise a return to the club's core values of attacking football and then spend two months flapping about only to hire a manager who's been a free agent for six weeks and lo and behold has NEVER played attacking football in his life (I doubt Nuno would even know how to coach it properly if he tried)

Again an absolute dud of a hire and it's time this board stopped weighing this club down

ENIC Out

5. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Luckily we got Nuno in before Martinez became available

Unhappyclapper likes this.
  6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Keep seeing quotes that we are after this and that player.Japanese centre back Barcelona reject Pjanic umtiti another reject while United sign Sancho.Why do the united fans want the glazers out when they keep stumping up for top quality players while we go for the cheap options .I wonder what they would do if they had Levy . If we sell Kane we must pay big money to replace him but which class forward would want to come to us at present

Last edited: July 4, 2021
  7. Guest Guest

Here's the link. They took it off briefly and then put it back.

8. Guest Guest

My main concern about Nuno's appointment is that it probably signify that Levy has high expectations for the new manager and is not willing to dish out the $$$ which spooked high profile managers. Levy wants to do with the present squad with some minor tweaks and promote academy players.

If Top 4 is still a goal Levy set for next season, Nuno is in for a rough ride. He has to contend with ManC, ManU, Chelsea and Liverpool who still finish in Top 4 despite a cursed season. Liverpool and Chelsea can only get stronger. Breaking into this group will be tough even if Kane and Son stays.

Nuno, you have my respect and support! All the best.

9. THFC Guest

Haha thank you…it’s a bit like the Churchill adverts from years ago…

10. THFC Guest

Danny Ings has reportedly turned down a contract extension with Southampton which means he has 12 months to run on his contract.

IMO, IF we are planning on selling Kane, we need to try and get Laporte and Jesus + £100 million. Then go for Ings for £20 million and Kounde from Seville for £40 million. If that’s not happening, Winks + cash for Konze at Villa. If we can then pick up Pjanic, Aarons and another decent MF, it might work out ok for us.

11. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Haha why would villa want Winks?

12. Felon82 Well-Known Member

So another day passes absolutely nothing from the club with regards to shipping out the stockpile of losers and bang average at best squad.
    As if 3 seasons of absolute shambolic league performances haven't been enough we're about to enter into a 4th pretending that it's still just a blip and we have loads of talent that just needs coaching better.
    If it wasn't so tragic it'd be laughable.
    Recent statements are it's a 'talented group' sheer and utter delusion, from the club & fans that believe it.
    2 seasons LoCelso & Ndombele have had, seems like an age Winks Sissoko Davies Dier Sanchez Alli Lamela have collectively stolen wages and skulked around stinking up the place.
    And yet we've all got to pretend it just needs organising better and top 4 just awaits our return.
    Absolute shambles, the con continues for the eternally thick.

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Thfc you really are an optimist 100 million plus Laporte and Jesus. What makes you think either of these players would want to go to Tottenham and what makes you think Villa want Winks.I see your list of players you think we should sign and it would be great but you don’t mention clearing the wage stealers first which must happen soon or we will be expected to believe that we already have a super squad and Levy will be pulling the wool over our eyes again

Felon82 likes this.
  14. THFC Guest

Laporte can’t get a game at City and no one else is trying to sign him? Jesus will probably never play again for City if Kane goes there so not sure why he wouldn’t swap Manchester for London. If City are really intent on signing Kane, why wouldn’t we be asking for players who actually strengthen us? As for values, Laporte £40m and Jesus £30m plus £100m cash buys him.

Winks seems to be on the radar of Villa for some reason (based on reports) because they currently have Luiz, Mcginn and Lansbury to choose from (who are all equally as cack as Winks).

I have also agreed with you and Felon that now is a good time to shift a few others including Dier, Aurier, Sissoko, Lamela and Sanchez. Add Winks to that list and that’s a reasonable turnover for a window.

15. Guesty Guest

my list of those who need replacing from some months ago hasn't changed too much.....
    Aurier, Sanchez, Dier, Carter-Vickers, Winks, Sissoko, Lamela, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Bergwijn & Moura
    & Vinicius if he is still here.
    Toby if we actually get 2 of the CBs we are reported to be interested in.

Doherty, Davies & Alli I think I'll give a chance to under Nuno.....
    Doherty as he has history with him. Davies as he plays better in a 3 (if Nuno opts for that formation in a game). Alli because he has somewhat admitted he hasn't been at his best for some time....and needs to be for him to stay.

16. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Come on England, come on Kane let's finish the job.

17. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Watching England play is a lot like watching Spurs

A complete and utter waste of time while we carry players that are simply not of the required standard.

18. THFC Guest

Southgate is terrible…I know some may not be impressed with Nuno but we should be greatful we didn’t end up with him.

So many terrible decisions from substitutions to penalty takers….set up (especially 2nd half)

There almost certainly won’t be another opportunity to win a major international tournament at home in most people’s lifetime.

Anyway…let’s hope we can get a few players shifted and some new signings in soon to give them some time together. The season is coming around again pretty rapidly

19. Guesty Guest

..... just on England......
    Why bring on (so-called) penalty takers with 1 minute to go in the game.

Southgate said they are the penalty takers..... but if they practiced penalties like that in training surely someone should have slapped them.
    Clowns

on Spurs...... hopefully we'll get some transfers done quickly

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Glad we did not go for Southgate .Does not read the game . Italy were coming on strong before the goal and we needed to be pro active.Let’s hope Nuno doesnot go the same way..Surely this is time for the clear out to commence if not the cancer from last year will be training with the team and that is not good

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button