Poor Spurs embarrassed at the Lane

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Mattj78, December 13, 2015.

1. 71yid

71yid Member

I wonder sumtimes if we r movin forward as a team....i mean, points dropped when we shud hav won, defensive frailties exposed yet again, too many overpaid average playas n of course, a manager who, for wotever reason, doesnt change the system when things r goin wrong. Lets hope the jan transfer can provide us sum answers. As always coys N17☺

2. Spurporter Well-Known Member

We could have easily not to concede two goals in that second half should our keeper was his usual.
    You know well that results are not always a reflection of performance. That is very true when young team is playing. I disagree it was in this instance.
    Supporters often blame the team, but team cannot be held accountable, it always particular individuals to place a blame on. May be a coach, may be a player or two, or 3, but it makes no sense to fault all XI.
    I believe if you can identify 5 poor players or more it is the coach's fault. I can't point to more than 2. Lloris and Eriksen. hence I do not hold Poch responsible for this loss. He must get Spurs ready for Saints.

Last edited: December 15, 2015
  3. 71yid

71yid Member

Fair enuff but i dont spurs deserved anythin from last sun game. I was, however, referring to certain otha games this season.. Commanding leads against the likes of Arsenal, leicester etc. Southampton wont lie down for us in meantime.

4. Deggsy56

Deggsy56 Active Member

Even Palace beat the 5-1 !! Chelsea are dire this season and we couldnt beat them either. Dont fancy us in the FA Cup while Leicester are on a roll either !!!!

5. burnt Guest

1 - 0 leads are never commanding no matter how well your playing in general , one mistake by the team or the officials and you can get punished ... Its a long held belief that 2 - 0 is a dangerous lead never mind 1 - 0 and that gets onto one of the main prob,s for this team i.m.o , there's not enough goals in the team as a whole .. And anyone who thinks Spurs were at least as good as Barcodes in second half on Sunday is deluded .. Worst half of football by us this season by a long way and ultimately in the end we got what we deserved for it but it happens in sport .. Its nothing more then arrogance or delusions to think we are just better then everyone .. We,re not .. Welcome to the real world ..

Bazza47 likes this.
  6. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

The old adage of taking one game at a time is never truer with the Southampton game on Saturday.

Sunday was a shocker, and so reminiscent of many of the games at The Lane throughout last season (and apart from MC and WHU true this one as well).

Saints represent a decent test. Not in the best form, but capable of beating us for sure. Let's see which of our teams turn up. I might just stream it, to see if we've recovered our form.

The signs are there for MP and DL, no change there. We all know that the deal needs to be secured early. Get them on board for early Jan. Never seen it, so no real hope of that happening. I've managed to make a decent job of painting over my Benteke drum, with Mahrez and Bolasie added....I live in hope. Pity Mahrez is playing so well....they'd be mad to sell him, although we might just turn his head with a decent wonga offer.

COYS

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button