PLAYER RATINGS: Stoke 0-1 Spurs

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by COYSnoise, April 26, 2014.

Share This Page

1. Mattj78

Mattj78 Well-Known Member

An alien has taken over me!!

2. notnats

notnats Well-Known Member

An alien has taken over me!! that could be tim's next quote. this was always going to be a difficult year a team does need time to gel but it hasnt happened for lots of reasons, to get into the spirit of recent posts ill even say that it might not all be tims fault. every team suffers from significant injuries but so many of ours are unexplained. are they happening at the new training complex ? we hear that so and so has picked up a knock and then they dissapear for 3+4 months. anyway if we can keep most of this lot together and strenthen in a few areas, a proper manager then we might see the team playing as a unit.

3. Mattj78

The key thing is that the appointment or decision on what is happening with the new manager must be made as soon as possible. The manager MUST have the whole summer to come in and stamp his authority over the club. Players need to be fully fit, understand their specific job roles and by the start of the new season, I expect the new boss to have a string idea of who his first eleven is. Consistency within the team is essential. We do have some good, if not potentially fantastic players and if the right manager can get the best out of them, then perhaps we can dare to do again next season, but the decisions must be spot on. No mistakes any more.

4. Ramos43 Guest

One thing being a Spurs supporter is NEVER, and that is boring! As much as some people have given the club stick about the regular changing of the management team... it is THESE moments that I have ACTUALLY come to love about life a Tottenham fan!!!

How exciting is it to see Spurs linked with the calibre of manager (and player) we are currently able to attract today? Nothing please me more than seeing endless spreads in the paper with news on the goings-on at WHL.
    And nothing gets the enthusiasm, for a new season, burning quite like the prospect of a TALENTED, AMBITIOUS, new manager being given the opportunity to lead this GREAT club of ours into a new campaign, and a successful new era.

The WONDERFUL thing about a (another) new dawn is that they ALWAYS offer us the opportunity to experience the GLORIOUS feelings of HOPE/BELIEF, OPTIMISM and EXCITEMENT. It, also, offers us the chance of a fresh start, allowing us all, IF WE CHOOSE, to forget everything that has been before and focus SOLELY on the future ahead.

Of course, I want Spurs to find and hire the 'RIGHT' man, who will offer the club some semblance of (long-lasting) IDENTITY, and (long-term) STABILITY. And I KNOW that day will come.... But, for now, I FULLY intend to enjoy the EXCITING and FRESH PERSPECTIVE that change brings along with it. And look forward to finding out just who will be charged with managing this talented group of players we have at WHL.

Pochettino? De Boer? Anchelotti (according to Clive 'The Short-Circuit' Allen)? Laudrup? ...Who will it be?

You ALL know who I would choose (tomorrow), but who would you?

5. Mattj78

I am not sure but Pochetino would be high on my list as would de Boer as I think they would fit the spurs style that we all demand. Whoever it may be I will back them, but they must be given time and allowed to run the team on the pitch as they fit with no interference from Baldini or Levy. If we go for Pochetino though, I want him to speak English!

6. Ramos43 Guest

I think Pochettino is already auditioning for the gig. I have seen him speaking recently on a couple of occasions. He clearly MUST speak it to communicate with the abundance of English talent at Southampton, and it MUSt be working as it has been the English talent that have been PARTICULARLY impressive under his tutelage (.i.e. Shaw, Lambert, Lallana, Rodrigues, etc).

In all honesty, I WOULD prefer him to speak English publically, too....especially after 1 and a 1/2 seasons in the EPL, but as long as the team is successful, playing the brand of football that saw The Saints condemn Everton to a humbling defeat last weekend, I really couldn't care less.

The more I hear about de Boer, the more I'm intrigued. But something tells me the Dutchman thinks he is a little too good for life at WHL (alla van Gaal). Yes, he is interested, but how much....Didn't he already turn down the club once before? And the way he has adopted a 'on my terms' approach towards the club has left a slightly unpleasant taste in my gob!!!

I wouldn't mind, AS MUCH, if it was Mourinho/Pep playing 'Billy Big Foot' with the Spurs offer, but de Boer, a man who has only REALLY met expectations in his (ONLY) role at the biggest club in Dutch football, should ,in my mind, perhaps either be a bit more humble in his handling of the speculation, or even better still, refuse to comment on it at all.

At the moment, it all just seems like he is leading spurs a merry dance, hence the reason I believe levy sanctioned that statement...just to put him back in his station. Whatever happened to professionalism, eh?
    Talking PUBLICALLY about another job when your still being paid by your current employers is always a bit strange to me.

The fact the Tim still has a year on his contract also makes these comments a little ****-sure and sloppy.

de Boer does have a few pluses though.

-Winner as a player. Winner as a manager. the guy KNOWS what it takes to win.

- Managed in the CL, and has done a pretty impressive job there too given the difficulty of the groups he has been in. the Dutchman has taken some considerable scalps at Europes top table, with City, United and Milan being just a few.

-He is a big name in football.

-Has worked with a DOF.

-Plays the 'Spurs way', and places a greater emphasis on the team unit rather than individuals.

-Good track record of working with youngsters.

-May be able to get Vertonghen playing with a smile on his face again, after work with both him and Eriksen at Ajax. And a happy player is ALWAYS a better player.

With all that being said though, it's still Poch for me! Handled him self SUPERBLY ,both, on the touchline, and off it. You don't hear him talking about other jobs, just that he will discuss his future with HIS club at the end of the season...CLASS!!!

7. notnats

FDB is the flavour of the week, he has even been quoted saying tottennham are a beautiful club and the rest. have to admit that he' an exciting prospect but are we being led into another LVG like trap. he's a talented young manager with a good record and highly rated. if he could keep players like jan and lloris at the club then sign him up.

8. notnats

Read somewhere that poch does actually speak english reasonably well but prefers not to in front of the media.

9. Mattj78

KABOOOOOOM!!!!!
    What a pioneer.
    Oh dear!!!
    What a load of under pants.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button