PLAYER RATINGS - Newcastle 1:3 Spurs

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by James McC, April 19, 2015.

1. aussie mal Guest

lamella is total rubbish he lacks everything pace skill right foot brains and most of all heart. poch is a worry also as he dosnt seem to change his thinking ,please play townsend on the left as harry needs crosses . walker would be worth a try at right midfield using his pace to advantage and covered by a fullback and leave Erickson in the middle

2. Shane Guest

Fazio, Lamela, Chadli and Paulinho were heavily over-rated this game, especially Lamela and Paulinho.

Chadli was non-existent, even though he did score, well a goal that the defense and goal keeper should've done better with.

Fazio made a few noticeable mistakes, one that almost cost us a goal.

I thought Kane was a bit quite today too, and was probably a bit too trigger happy shooting when he could've perhaps rolled the ball back and let the team re-establish.

This game was so slow though, and I reckon that's down to Paulinho playing instead of Mason. 90% of Paulinho's passes went sideways or backwards, and he didn't really look like he wanted to go forward, which is the complete opposite of Mason. The other problem is that without Mason going forward (Mason normally plays Left CDM, Bentaleb right CDM) the space for Danny Rose wasn't there, meaning he had a very quite game and couldn't get forward and give us that edge we normally have. If Mason needed a rest, good we got 3 points for it, but we look a lot more exciting with him in the team as it frees up the rest of the pitch when he draws a defender or two when he goes forward.

Would have liked to see Townsend come on for Lamela, and Dembele on for Paulinho a lot earlier.

3. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Absolbleedinglutely Shane....the Sky guy who gave him MOTM....I've heard and seen everything now.

4. Sport Guest

I watched the game in full.

I like the way play in fact i love it.

The way we dominate with the ball.

I love watching this team and i think there GREAT.

ps i really like Chadli. Others will get 3/4 mill at other clubs hell those Nons what life Preach. t

Maybe people are thinking i'm over egging it. The way we dominated against Chealsea at Wembley, what One shot?

I''m going to say this we have a good midfield pass and the de fence ALL good. We playing some Chess Football.

We have to accept tho that players in the squad a no good. WE NEED TO ACCEPT THAT FACT.

Tottenham will move on.

5. bruski

bruski Active Member

Regarding Lamela, I'll go along with your observation about his 'pressing game', always works hard for the team. I know we're all fed up with hearing it but......I'd like to keep him at least until the 2016 January window, where if he still hasn't developed, we could get top dollar for him. He is still very young and their IS something there. By the way, did anyone hear and see Vorm give Lamella an 'F' full? Like Vorm a lot.

6. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Good to see Vorm saying what we were screaming to out tv's.....

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button