Parting ways with the best manager we have had in my lifetime...

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by Craig Emanuel, November 13, 2019.

Share This Page

1. DangerHereDuce

DangerHereDuce Member

Yep, he's gone...and I'm gutted.

Even though I sat through the Brighton and Sheff Utd games, I still hoped against hope that Poch would be given the time to turn it around. I so didn't want us to fall into the trap of dispensing with a good management team, simply for the sake of satisfying the Sky-fueled, instant-gratification bellowers.

I can't help but feel a massive error has been made. Who on earth is going to come in now and make much of a difference, if any?

Sorry to see you go Mauricio, and thank you. You gave us so many great days and, for a little while at least, you made it good to be a Tottenham fan. I fear it's going to be back to the mid-table management merry-go-round now though...

voiceofreason likes this.
  2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

So he leaves us in a worse position than what he picked up from Dim Tim , a list of missed chances a fog of bull sh;t and stinky football.

Lets hope we get a manager in now that is actually interested in Silverware , transfer windows , playing with width and pace , can manage a squad and talks sense.

Gordon Mc likes this.
  3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Levy never ceases to amaze .I as most people on this site know wanted a change but I was assuming that Levy would have a ready made replacement .I just hope he’s not going for the temporary route.Maybe we will get an announcement this week before the West Ham game or if not this could cause more problems.This man should not be running a football team.

Felon82 likes this.
  4. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Well-Known Member

"Experts" "totally surprised" Poch has been fired. Why? 14th place in the PL and a badly performing squad that has downed tools - I'm not in the least surprised. For me - bring in Max Allegri now, although the RB Leipzig dude is apparently in the frame. AND let's give Wet Spam the New Manager treatment Saturday. Take that, East End pretend football team.

5. Spurporter Well-Known Member

My guess it is Mourinho. There is no keeper to handle the team to. Allegri is unlikely to take the Spurs in the middle of the season. But I was wrong on Poch dismissal, so I could be wrong again.
    I am with "experts". Surprised is not the word. Rather stunned.

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

The bbc website has done a straw pole as to who Tottenham fans want as next manager and at the moment Howe is winning the vote.This would be a mistake as he is so like pochetino..We need someone with a presence at the moment to kick start the under achievers

Gordon Mc and Felon82 like this.
  7. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Heard Poch agreed to 5 million to leave. If so, I am sure he must has had an offer. Bayern?

8. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Well-Known Member

Certainly NOT, repeat NOT Eddie Howe. Remember Gerry Francis - adept at managing a QPR side with no real ambition, attractive enough to watch but nevertheless never really contenders for much. Then woeful at Spurs.

Last edited: November 19, 2019
  9. Happyclapper Guest

Big Sam or Moyes are free they are within our budget Allegri would struggle with the language barrier probably end up with Mourinho and he will kick a few arses and turn it around short term but won't change much if he isn't given the money or maybe they will sell Kane to finance the rebuild who will we blame when it goes tits up again because it will maybe a good cup run will keep the paying public happy no European football will hurt but the lack of investment will hurt more at least we will happy memories of when we nearly won something

10. Cheshuntboy Guest

Well, he's gone, and I'll be astonished if he makes a success of whatever job he takes next, certainly if it involves big transfer budgets and big player egos of the type that come with the territory at Madrid, Munich or Manchester. His forte is clearly dealing with relative unknowns of the type he found at Spurs in 2014, and his transfer record has been patchy, verging on abysmal - why else was he still playing the bulk of his 2014 team in 2019, and leaving several of his own buys on the bench? He had to go, and we all know he'd have jumped at any of the 'bigger' jobs if they'd come up this season - he couldn't have made it clearer, and there will be no tears from me, however the rest of this season pans out.

Felon82 likes this.
  11. DangerHereDuce

DangerHereDuce Member

Sounds good, got a name? Oh, never mind looks like it's Mourinho...

12. Remy Uwilin

Remy Uwilin Active Member

This is a cruel joke. What does this say for loyalty. This was his first true struggle at our club, and after all he's been through with us; we can't let him see the season through. Every year he's been setup to fail; not allowed to boost his squad and if anyone comes in; it's on deadline deals where Levy's counting pennies.

Wow, this decision today will set us back a couple of years. It's very disappointing, he's had many suitors...but he remained loyal. The least the club should have done would be to let him see the season through. If anything, he's earned it. This day is an embarrassment for our club as a whole. It's a decision that over time we'll come to regret.

13. Thomas Member

Finally, the inevitable has happened. It rubbished the talk of the "experts" (I know of one Tim Sherwood) who claimed that Pochettino is not under threat. No manager is bigger than the club however great he is. The fact that he wants out and has lost his players was evident. Those who think that Pochettino hasn't been given a chance to turn things around don't realise how much time he has already been given.

I am glad that Levy has made the decision which is necessary. I bet some of the players who has been under-performing and struggling will suddenly raise their game.

Felon82 likes this.
  14. David Davies New Member

Moaning Maureen! What has the world come to?!

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I wonder how long the poch lovers will give Mourino before they bitch.I would expect a new manager surge but don’t think we can really judge until after the jan window and the deadwood is unloaded unless they decide to stay and play for the new man.I am extremely interested in what levy will give him in January.I keep seeing rumours that Real Madrid are after Kane and are prepared to do a deal worth 160 million including Benzema which would give us a big transfer kitty!!!

Must have a word about the players who have come out with unstinting praise for pochetino now he is leaving .Does it not occur to them that they were a big factor in him getting the sack by downing tools.He had his faults tactically but was not helped by the players attitude.Footballers really are a hypocritical group

16. Jesper Active Member

I am happy that someone new is coming in, I am not happy that it had to be after a sacking. Pochettinos advisors probably thought it better to have the payout after a sacking and at the level where Poch operates then being sacked isn't nearly as bad as being sacked can be for an average person.

The punters who supported Poch in public are now writing about Poch getting time to rest and refresh. Which to me in an implicit agreement that he was not up to the job, if he needs rest and refresh then he's not ready to perform at a top level.

A change was in my opinion needed, Mourinho is definitely someone different than Poch so I'd expect changes to happen now. I don't like Mourinho, still I think he is probably the best person for the job in the situation being what it is. I'd have preferred a shorter contract but it might not have been possible.

I am looking forward to the next match now, I am very curious about who'll get to play, how the team will be set up and how they'll perform.

17. Flawless Guest

I wonder how long the Poch haters will give Mourinho before they bitch again.

Shocking appointment by all means. How.. just how Mourinho agreed to work under Levy as a 'Head coach'.

Big gamble worth taking...

18. Thomas Member

No ideal scenarios in real life. Compromises both on the part of Mourinho and Levy. Tottenham won't be the kind of club Mourinho wants and Levy probably knows he can't work with Mourinho but at the moment, they are a perfect match.

I hope we can win something under Mourinho and he can get the best out of some of the players who have gotten sick of Pochettino.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button