Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What stats .you keep saying stats but I have not seen them yet and as I say stats don’t tell the whole story.stat tell us before tonight we had second best defence .What a joke that is. And if he is that good how come we keep losing

2. I’m not going to sit here and write a panegyric for Lloris... it’s unnecessary and silly and would obfuscate what it is exactly that ails this squad

I will say this... if you want to highlight every time he is less than great then best you get on here and commend him every time he secures us points

He has been very good this season... not so much this week

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Why would you praising lloris obscure what’s wrong with the squad

4. Guesty Guest

Do you mean 'our' number one rated keeper?..... because against Hart thats no real achievement

Felon82 likes this.
  5. I love it when people’s logic flails hopelessly against the facts

6. THFC Guest

You truly are a bit of a clown....I still would only take 3 of the Utd players as they only have 3 that I would want. You could move all 11 to us and guess what....they would be the same, shitty team that JM left 2 years ago playing the same shitty defensive football.

I have never said that we don’t need changes, In actual fact I’ve listed a number of players on a couple of occassions.

You could move the Man City squad to us and if they are coastguard by JM, De Bruyne would be sold (again), Sterling would be on the bench sulking and we would be mid table trying to punt our way to a 1-0.

7. To praise him would be to defend him and deflect from why exactly our league season is teetering on the verge of collapse

8. THFC Guest

He has the 3rd highest save rate in the league?

Doesn’t that tell you a couple of things?

1. There are only 2 gks in the the league that have made more saves
    2. If he is having to make more saves, he is going to be at risk of making more errors and conceding more goals

if you want to dig out players, there as a few others ahead of him in the queue

9. THFC Guest

I actually feel a bit for him...could he have done better....yes BUT we gave up 60% possession with double the shots at him over Ederson. 7 of those shots were inside the box.

Add to that he has Sanchez (who somehow started the game) in front of him and majestically tries to head the ball when he is on the floor as Gundogan is shooting rather than when it’s bouncing head height in front of him....Lloris is on a hiding to nothing.

All of the Lloris haters will get their wish when he jumps ship and joins PSG then we will get exposed to the reality of just how well he has done, especially if JM makes it into next season

10. THFC Guest

Do you actually believe JM has pulling power?

11. THFC Guest

That makes no sense? He’s not picking the best starting line up and he’s not picking the same team week after week....do you really think Dier and Sanchez at CB represents our best CB pairing when we have Toby and Rodon?

do you really think Moura is the man to fill the hole behind Kane or Lamela should start?

Any moaning is because the squad has much better players not being picked and has no consistency week in and week out.

12. Guesty Guest

Agree with that. I've mentioned a list around 11 players that can leave the club....... but Lloris wasn't on it.

But Llorisa can't do it alone with no back 4 and only Hojbjerg as a defensive player. And Hojbjerg can't do it with no back 4 behind him.

JM knows we have rubbish defensive players so he tries to keep as many of them in our half as he can

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Thfc you really are struggling when you have to use personal insults which really makes you the clown.I have not seen you get much backing about united only having 3 players better than our squad.Does that mean that 8 of ours would get in the United first team

Last edited: February 13, 2021
  14. THFC Guest

OMG....you call me out then play the victim...it’s not a personal insult...it’s a fact.

Let me try one more time before I give up....I don’t believe that United have more than 3 players that I would want to sign. It doesn’t matter if 8 of ours would get in their squad or not but I would only want to take 3 from them.

That is not saying we don’t have issues in more than 3 positions, which we clearly do but the players at United are IMO either old, over valued or over paid and so no I wouldn’t take more than 3, I would rather look elsewhere.

Do you think if we take 8 players from United, JM will get us up into 2nd or 3rd place playing more attractive football than we are now or do you think Ole has done a good job transforming the cack that JM left behind?

15. OY Spurs fanz stick together

16. Felon82 Well-Known Member

He's picked and tried all of them

A because all of them are inconsistent
    B because most of them are injured
    C because they can't do as they're told...

Everyone you've called for has played
    It's not a top 4 1st team let alone squad

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Do I think Jose would get us into second if we took half of the man united squad the answer is yes.He did it 2 years ago without Fernandes wan bisaka and the england centre half even if they were boring Fact

18. THFC Guest

Who he picks changes along with the formation every game?

19. THFC Guest

We will have to agree to disagree on that one then...You are absolutely right, he didn’t have Fernandes or Wan Bissaka but he did have nearly £400m which got him 11 players and still ended up getting 26 points from 17 games, with the 5th most goals conceded in the league all played with the style of Wimbledon

20. Cheshuntboy Guest

I'd given myself a break from this site's running dog-fight, but nothing seems to have changed; THFC and Jose's Ghost accusing Felon and Preed of being too stupid to see that Pochettino and Lloris were/are God's gift to Tottenham; Jose's Ghost gratuitously insulting all and sundry in a thoroughly arrogant and offensive manner, and all against a background of Spurs' meltdown on all fronts - nice to find that some things are constant in this chaotic world!

Felon82, Preed and Jesper like this.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button