Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. THFC Guest

The results are slightly better but the performances are not an improvement at all.

The picture being painted is we are a squad full of players capable of playing better than we are for the bulk of this season.

Yes we have had a couple of stands outs and a couple of shockers so if you take the rest, we have not improved in the slightest despite the apparent defensive quality that JM should bring.

2. Felon82 Well-Known Member

It's a results based buisness, Mourinho has a pragmatic approach which has us with the 2nd best defence in the league currently with 1 of the worst defences but that wasn't enough for our fan base so when we've gone attacking like at West ham & Everton we've ended up exposed at the back and then that's not good enough either.
    It's typical of Spurs to want performance over results but where has that got us over 30 years ?
    It's a different approach.

Mourinho will probably fall on his sword sooner rather than later and we will then be starting yet another dawn except wel have the same problems all the previous have had with less pulling power

3. Preed God bless but you’re talking nonsense

Adebayor was exceptionally good under Redknapp and very good under Sherwood. Prior to that he starred at Arsenal and City and even made his way to Madrid (under Jose)

For someone who has followed the league for so long you really do have a poor sense of history

4. Any manager who says after a good performance from a player...

Well it was his body but my brain

is an absolute effing self-important twit

Shaw has done plenty well over his career without the Special One in his ear

Pogba 100% the same

5. Selective memory...

Banging on about Spurs dreadful domestic form 2018/19 without mentioning they still finished top 4 while making the Champions League final

The Champions League...

The most prestigious... most difficult... club competition in the world.

Spurs in 2018/19 achieved their highest ever finish in Europe over their 137 year history

Yeah it’s all a bit of a blur... but you know we really should have done more

6. You’ll be falling on Jose’s sword... but you seem to like it there so bang on

Jose may jag us a Carabao... what will it be? 25 shots to 3... 0-0 and we win on penalties? We’re an even bet in the Europa... nothing to sneeze at there

A couple of jank trophies... just like at United... one of the richest clubs in the world

Then we can erect a statue to him and politely tell him to **** off

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Sorry Jose’s ghost bless you!! But adebayor was never a great player and if you think he was then bless you,!!! How many games did he get at Real Madrid .Clive Allen scored 50 goals for us one season but he was not a Great player

Last edited: February 13, 2021
  8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

See we have Dier and Sanchez in again you can’t make it upDier must be Jose’s love child.A centre half playing full back marking their pacy wide men.Good luck and pray .IsJose saving us for Europe

9. Felon82 Well-Known Member

If you think it's a Top 4 squad then don't moan about the starting line up coz it's either a good squad or its not

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Sorry Felon you are getting your posters mixed up I have never said we halve a top 4 squad neither have I said we have a top 4 manager.if you looked at my posts you will see I have never rated Dier or Sanchez..we have just given away our third penalty in 3 games could this have anything to do with the fact that we let the opposition have the ball for 90 percent of the time.It’s even beginning to affect our best player who has now cost us 3 goals in 2 games

11. Felon82 Well-Known Member

I wasn't digging u out mate

12. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Anyone getting it yet?

How embarrassingly bad this squad n team is???

Lloris is awful , Hojbjerg is in our top 5 players but had been responsible for giving 3 goals away so far in 2 games.

It's a hideous squad

13. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Where's Jose's Ghost to back up his claims that Lloris is the best keeper in the league?

14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Once again a performance that only West Brom could matchProven right about Sanchez again truly awful.This squad is so dire and unfortunately Mourino is not helping by his selections and continually making so many changes.I can’t believe Thfc only wanted to take 3 man united players in exchange for our rubbish.wonder if he still thinks the same after today?We need a complete change and that includes the manager who has struggled to improve even one player and to be honest has now dragged our only 2 world class players down into mediocrity.There have been posts on here to tell me that lloris is shown by stats to be the best keeper .Just shows that stats lie because my daughter has a stronger wrist than him.why is he always falling backwards and trying to save with his feet.Footnote their keeper created more chances than our whole team.Season fast detoriorating into a shambles

Felon82 likes this.
  15. Lloris has been the number one rated keeper all season

What exactly is it you can’t handle about that?

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Give up your bullshit about lloris Jose’s ghost it just shows how stats can lie Good reaction saves but weak wristed from any power shot,a should have saved 2 today

Felon82 likes this.
  17. Another Jose masterclass... riveting stuff

Was there some rumour going around that Spurs don’t even practice final third? As much it appears that way surely that can’t be true... still Jose has never been one for scoring goals

One positive... our best front four was finally on the pitch altogether for the first time this season. Has only taken until February but no rush

Maybe Jose’s last chance of saving his neck

18. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

See Jose’s after match comments praising the players effort because they have had to play twice in 3 days .Try being.a Nurse on a coronavirus ward.I am sick to death with this bullshit excuse when most of us would give anything to be in their shoes and earning their money.Try working for a living and count your blessings that you have the dream job to most of us

19. Felon82 Well-Known Member

The fact he's culpable for numerous goals and gives no confidence as a keeper or captain to his back 4?

Been shocking for last 3 years and the odd good save doesn't make up for the mistakes

20. I’ve already explained the statistic to you Preed... it is not that difficult to comprehend

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button