Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I was wondering how many of our first team would get in man united team at the moment and this is a team we beat 6-1.I find it difficult to see any of them apart from Kane and son,Ndombele would probably get in their squad not team and maybe Reggie and Hojbjerg also but nobody else would get any where near it.So I suppose we are punching way above our weight at the moment

Felon82 likes this.
  2. Jose's Ghost Guest

It would seem there's only one fellow here with his lips on anyone's arse

Again aren't you the one who called Leicester and Wolves 'quality' sides?

I don't want you anywhere near my club's scouting department... thankfully there's no chance of that

3. Jose's Ghost Guest

Who's managing the side? it matters quite a lot

If it's Jose then you can be sure the likes of Pogba, Bale and Shaw won't be getting a start

Otherwise Spurs fill out half the lineup easy... perhaps more

United are on a run... with a decent dose of arse. Who knows they may well sustain it for the term (it's a very average league) but there is no perpetual greatness with their current squad.

Solskjaer went on a similar run to entrench himself there before the inevitable stall... the same will happen again.

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

When did Bale play for man united Jose’s ghost??I would not want you picking my team as you seem confused who plays for united. Name half the spurs team that would be first picks at united as you say I am curious

5. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well we've had 1 of a possible 6 points off them if that helps

6. Sideline Guest

Ermm... you asked « I was wondering how many of our first team would get in man united team at the moment and this is a team we beat 6-1. »

Hence his reply, he didn’t say he had played for them, he said with Josee as a manager of this hypothetical team, he wouldn’t get chosen!

7. Guesty Guest

.... get in the United team...... before their players I'd still prefer....
    Lloris.....Toby..... Reggie..... Hojbjerg....NDombele (on current form).... Son.... Kane

To he honest their back 4 is suspect...especially fat Harry. And I'm not having any of the forward 3 above ours.

Pogba.... hmmm.... today good tomorrow poor. much like Eriksen.... rubbish when he thinks he's better than the club. When he doesn't.... good player.

Fernandes is good. McTominay could be very good.
    They are on a run but that will end.
    But they have found a winning way at the moment.

8. Jose's Ghost Guest

Many thanks for sorting out that mind numbing post... remarkable

9. Jose's Ghost Guest

Common sense prevails

The uber squad just got rolled at home by one of the worst teams in Premier League history

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Seems you rely on other people to answer for you Jose’s ghost.I suppose because United were poor tonight that makes us world beaters who could not beat Newcastle Palace Fulham etc.Fernandes was poor but I would have him in our team tomorrow.All teams have off days like a lot of pundits even though some will never admit it and just try to be funny at other peoples expense???Eh

11. Jose's Ghost Guest

What exactly is there to say when others hit the nail perfectly on the head?

12. THFC Guest

How many would you take should be the question...Henderson, Wan Bissaka & Fernandes are the only players I would want from Utd

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Thfc you would not prefer Mctominay to Sissoko Rashford to Moura Cavani as back up to Kane instead of the boy from Brazil and even though maguire is not the best defender in the world he does score goals and is more reliable than Dier or Sanchez

14. Felon82 Well-Known Member

There's plenty of players scattered throughout the league that would walk straight into our 1st team/squad and improve it instantly because the real issue is (that has been the case for over a decade now) we are being carried by 4 - 5 players propped up with a severely bloated but extremely limited squad who will forever let us down which proves the case time n time again.
    I don't expect delusional fans to be able to fathom such reality despite all the evidence of clowns and pretenders that's been on display for years.

15. THFC Guest

Mctominay is good sometimes, Rashford is good sometimes, not really keen on a mid 30’s £300k per week back up striker as proved with Bale and Maguire is so inconsistent I would prefer not pay £80 million for him....so in answer to your question, no

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What another shambolic performance even allowing for Kane going off the lack of fight and ability to pass the ball to your own team is a a nightmare.Liverpool put on some of their youngsters in second half and still dominated us..Where do I start lloris awful Doherty abysmal Dier a joke Rodon inexperienced.Why get a centre forward as cover for Kane and then put Lamela on who runs until he loses the ball.Bergwin non descript who looks lost at this level and rarely makes the correct decisions.Winks looking like a little boy lost.The manager totally getting selection and subs wrong.Hojbjerg the only spurs player with any bottle.I f Kane is going to be out for a while we will drop into the bottom half very quickly.I personally am fed up to the teeth with with the lack of quality in this team and the total lack of organisation unless it’s 9 in defence.Lampard got the sack for producing performances like this.I wonder if Thfc still thinks he would only take 3 players from man united.I think we have 4 or 5 at a push who are not championship standard.I believe Jose had some input to our transfers last window so how come we have Doherty Gedson Bale and Vinicius who would struggle in the championship?This club needs a spring clean from top to bottom

17. THFC Guest

Here we go again....who picks the 5 other players who continually don’t perform...who takes off Kane and replaces him with Lamela..who starts Aurier who consistently steps forward leaving space against a player like Mane...who plays Doherty at LB when he is no good at RB...who brings on Winks...who doesn’t bring on a £42m CF when we need a goal...who gives Bale 12 mins to transform the game when 3-1 down and who picks Eric Dier at CB every single week when he is terrible.

Blame the players all you want but the real clown is the one picking them

18. THFC Guest

Wait until MU start losing their way again, which they will do and like with most things you say, you will change your mind about who you would take from them...there are plenty of players I would take who would improve us no end but not from MU

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Thfc nice to know you are fan of mine as you seem to know all my posts and yes I can have my mind changed unlike some people who think they are always right. I will still take at least 5 players from United whether they crumble or not andI hope they do .One thing we do agree on is Mourino is out of his depth and tactically is a dinosaur.But we are still riddled with championship players

20. Guesty Guest

Dier poor for the first. He has to clear everything surely!
    Lloris poor for the second
    Rodon poor for the third. (next time he will clear it. I think he's a decent player)

How JM puts on Winks when we are losing. (or how he puts him on ever).
    No attacking threat through midfield centrally or wide.
    Bergwijn sitting at left wing the whole game doing nothing.
    We battle to win the ball and then just give it away almost every time

Doherty.... Dier..... Sanchez... Winks..... Bergwijn.... Lamela... Vini... Moura... Gedson.....
    simply not good enough!!!
    ...and that's too many in the squad.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button