Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Is Dier a complete fool??? He has said today that he didn’t feel the squad needed any fresh impetus when asked about the possible new signings .Is he fearing for his place perhaps and did he not take part in the appalling first game.A couple of good new signings might just wake up the pretenders earning a good living for little effort

Felon82 likes this.
  2. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Not me, Preed. Check my post #16 out here.

3. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Dier is an employee of THFC. He speaks banalities, as required by bosses.

Jesper likes this.
  4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Question is what are the priorities ?
    Top 4 1st
    Europa 2nd (gets clq if won)
    FA cup 3rd
    League cup 4th

We should be able to beat Plovdiv with 2nd string if we can't then we should cut all losses n go all out for the League cup

5. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Same dross with the strongest team possible at the moment. Priority is UEL, not EPL now. 20 minutes to crash out of Europe after Lokomotiv scored.

6. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Harry scores penalty. 1-1 opposition plays with 10 men due to red card. Some hope returned.

7. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Bulgarians reduced to 9. Second red card.

8. Spurporter Well-Known Member

Finally, Ndobele scores 2-1 Spurs are ahead.

9. Guesty Guest

Did NDombele score....
    or did he try and stop it.... and he miscontrolled it into the net?
    (albeit very much needed!)

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I don’t care anymore what we do but even if we sign Bale how will that improve the total lack of direction we are showing,We don’t look like we have been coached at all.We have just beaten a nine man pub team with the help of a penalty and an offside goal.Sissoko must not be allowed to be in the centre of midfield anymore and we should give ndombele a run to prove himself.I hate to say this but our saviour for the last 3 years Harry is now looking like a beaten man and needs a change or his england career could be over.what shape are we playing can anyone define it for me because even teams in the bottom half of the league have a recognisable shape.I fear that Mourino does not have the dressing room any more and trouble is brewing unless a big change happens and quickly.Would it not be ironic if we struggle all year after mr tightwad has finally loosened the purse strings.FRUSTRATED???

11. Jesper Active Member

Couldn't see much of the match so not much to say.
    Maybe we've found the role for Ndombele now? Being the flat-track bully and winning the matches for Spurs against lesser teams?
    & with Bale then there might be someone who can win the matches for Spurs against the better teams?

12. Jesper Active Member

The recent signings are not in the line-up. Alli dropped and Ndombele in.

BBC has it as a 4-3-3, I think it might be a 4-2-3-1 but we will see.

13. THFC Guest

Observations so far:
    Dier is a terrible CB
    Moura is a waste of a player
    Hojiberg is a little confusing as I don’t think he has actually tackled anyone yet

Bazza47 likes this.
  14. Genevaspurs Guest

Just 4 words.... Winks and Dierks OUT !

Bazza47 likes this.
  15. Jesper Active Member

Moura appears to have learned his pressing from CE or Dele... One player not doing his job and then it is easy to move the ball up the field.

On the left attack the options:
    Son
    Bergwijn
    Sessegnon
    Bale (when fit)

On the right attack the options:
    Bergwijn? Not sure about that option
    Moura? Not sure about that option
    Aurier? Not sure about that option
    Bale?

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

First half total dross as per usual.i say again the players don’t look like they believe in Mourinos system.Why is Moura still on pitch as well as Winks.Thank god for one moment of class. Half time sub ndombele off and decelso on And the pretender Winks still on.Butas I talk Son scores second You can’t make it up

Bazza47 likes this.
  17. THFC Guest

Sonny is quality

18. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I must say the second half was so much better but Southampton defended like schoolboys.Kane and Son great understanding long may it last and add Bale and we have an attacking force to frighten the best teams.Unfortunately we still have a back four that is championship standard.Dier will never be a premiership defender and Sanchez makes too many mistakes .we have a gem at left back now so just sign a left sided centre half.Davies will miss out now we have a new left back but he defended today better than Dier and Sanchez and maybe his best position is ina back3.Once again Moura and Winks go missing but at least ndombele is starting to look like a player And I still think Lamela has a contribution off the bench because he battles.

19. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

A rag bag of a first half, well at least the last 25 I saw, until H and Sonny combined. Second half was a finishing master class from that same pairing - different class.

The thing is until we take Dier (and even Sanchez) out of the back four we have no fecking hope - or try to win all games in telephone number scores....

A left footed, young, centre back is such a must have to replace Jan.....

Felon82 likes this.
  20. Guest Guest

So few positive comments after a good win. So much criticism after a narrow loss. What's wrong with you guys?

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button