Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. burnt Well-Known Member

Strange game overall , both sides huffed and puffed but were very poor quality wise . Pitch didn't help of course but can't be solely blamed for a turgid 90+ mins of football from both teams . It's probably as ragged as I've seen City for a while and they still won . Our attempts at trying to create chances were truly awful and of course there was the customary mess up at the back for their goal . There were a couple more of course but we weren't punished and we got our big chance to get something out of the game but the attempt from Lamela just summed up the whole evening . From the stadium debacle to the performances so far this year to the Managers murmurings over the weekend , there's a horrible cloud lingering over THFC at the moment regardless of our " best ever start in the Prem. Lg. " ......

Gordon Mc and Bazza47 like this.
  2. Peter reed Guest

Once again Spurs give the opposition a goal start with a stupid piece of defending .Trippier out muscled by a dwarf you couldn't make it up.best player sissoko and that really sums it up why oh why was winks and Ali not starting.The only covnsructive football came when they were on the pitch.Once again Lloris tries to help by presenting a golden chance with his awful distribution.kane and moura unable to get the ball to stick so attacks stall and still poch won't change them.west ham must be rubbing their hands

Gordon Mc and Bazza47 like this.
  3. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Well, it's Groundhog Day for sure. My cousin and I both agreed we needed a solid start with no silly mistakes, level after 30 mins would be good. Then the ref blew the whistle. Tripps had a mare, costing us their goal. We didn't turn up until the 2nd half and blew the one decent chance - Pamela strikes again. Defo Groundhog Day....crowd of 56k tells it all what the fan base think.
    PS pitch looks shot to pieces....worth spending on a new one Daniel....

Gordon Mc likes this.
  4. palmover Active Member

I always look to what a player brings to the game whether it be speed, skill, power, passing ability, good tackler etc. I have been baffled for years wondering what Spurs and England mangers see in Dier. Apart from his height at set pieces i haven't seen him display any ability that hurts the opposition, Dembele's legs are going, however, at least he still has some ability. Dier has the least ability of any player in the squad and i include sisoko in that opinion.
    Botch's two mistakes are not taking the money from Man.u when they were interested in Dier and selling Walker and replacing him with Trippier who is awful against fast skillful wingers ask, sterling, marshall and sane who all tore him to shreads. Botch is not a winner that is why he plays dier and tripper players who at best are squad level.

Gordon Mc likes this.
  5. Cheshuntboy Guest

Clearly the team has got problems in every area, but Kane's continuing immobility and lack of sharpness is the worst of them; his performances and goals have carried Spurs for the whole of Pochettino's tenure, and unless he recaptures his 2017 form PDQ, this season might as well end now. On the other hand, while our stars are barely twinkling, our pair of thirty million pound duds have apparently decided that five years and two years respectively are long enough to get used to life in N17, and if they inspire the likes of Llorente and Aurier to follow their example, we'll have the makings of a fair EL level team, so perhaps it's not all gloom and doom after all (and if you believe that, you'll believe anything).

Bazza47 and Gordon Mc like this.
  6. voiceofreason Active Member

7. Gordon Mc

Gordon Mc Well-Known Member

Another beating due to defensive blundering - couldn't Trippier have headed either out to his right for a throw or back up the park, instead of trying to put it behind him, if that was his intent ? Anyway - we were only beaten by a solitary goal when I was expecting about 3 or 4 along with it. Could also have scraped a draw but there you go - take yer chances when they present or you'll rue it. My two favourite unfavourites were arguably the best performers - irony or what - on a night when there was huff'n'puff aplenty but no joy (again). The performance didn't please me one bit - City are a fine side but I thought last night they were flattered somewhat by our inability to do much more than chase around. They certainly - for me anyway - weren't the ultra well-oiled machine that the sickeningly smooth, but ultimately useless, pundit Graeme Le Saux was creaming over. If I'd kept a note of how many times he said "magnificent" "brilliant" "awesome" "fantastic" and plentiful other similar descriptions last night I'd have filled a medium sized notebook and got writer's cramp thrown into the deal. They were good - better than us, but it wasn't that hard really. Sorry for the negativity guys but a slim 0-1 loss against Manchester City doesn't fill me with cheer at all. Seems we can only beat Bottom-Of-The-Table dross and West Ham (they are BOTT dross, they're just in the wrong place) this year. AND on the Poch/ Real Madrid story - if he's sensible he'll stay where he is. If he goes to Madrid he might get the remainder of this year as a honeymoon 'cos they're bleak at the moment, but if he doesn't deliver La Liga (or the CL if he qualifies) in 2019/20 he's toast - they don't f*** about, these Madrid Senior Management johnnies. Rant over and feel free to disagree - your call.

Last edited: October 30, 2018
    Bazza47 likes this.
  8. Bazza47

There is little doubt, if any, that the debacle with the stadium/s is starting to take a heavy toll on players and staff. Perpetual away games are making them weary of it all.

The vagueness of this latest club announcement, or lack of insightt, sees us waiting until early December to know more. Do I really think the month of December to run two test events is going to be an easy diary to plan in, not.

Overlay a demanding and competitive Nations Cup, or whatever they call it, and this season will tire the players even more than 2017-18. Absorbing all the negative vibes can't be doing them or us any good.
    I'm getting a little concerned.

9. Kal Guest

We have not won a trophy in a decade. The Scum are now a point above us. Mark my words, if we don't make top 4 this season - we are finished. Levy you **** ..get the hell out of my club!

Felon82 likes this.
  10. Peter reed Guest

just seen pochetino giving interview on sky making excuses a bout injuries and tired ness before tonight's game.Its obvious he is preparing for multiple changes which West Ham won't do and they will gleefully knock us out of our only hope of silverware.Does the man understand the supporters I don't think so.And still the media think he is the messiah.Lets see if Real Madrid come calling I don't think they will.hIm afraid I think he is a decent manager but not in the same league as the top four in the premiership as he only knows one way to play and his selection are sometimes unbelievable as against city when our best eleven were only on. The last 15 minutes

11. P reed Guest

must hold up my hands Igot it wrong tonight although the hammers left their shooting boots at home.still can't see the crazy Frenchman at right back Antonio had him on toast.But let's count our blessings

12. Bazza47

By any measure you choose to use, that was a good performance tonight. Liked Foyth, Wanyama, Sonny, Eriksen looked sharper, Walker-Peters in parts. Llorente took his goal well. I'll settle for that, shame about the Gooners draw at this stage. Hey Ho. COYS.

Gordon Mc likes this.
  13. Gordon Mc

Indeed Baz- I was quietly pleased and I'm not easily quietly pleased (?) Anyway - some fine performances from a couple of the fringe men and overall a fairly satisfying display. A hairy moment or two but Gazziniga dealt well with most of what came his way. Don't think I'm alone in saying he gives most fans less of a fright, where Hugo, excellent as he is at times, tends to have us watching through our fingers from behind the sofa too often these days. Let's not get carried away though - it was only West Ham after all. Pity about having to go to the Goons next time out but heads up guys - we live on to another day.

Bazza47 likes this.
  14. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Foyth looked very good last night I was quite impressed by him.
    Sonny took his goals well.
    Through to the next round and a proper test with the scum

Bazza47 likes this.
  15. palmover Active Member

3 wins away from a trophy, can Botch win his first ever trophy? It's time for Botch to prove he can inspire a team to win trophies, time will tell. Coys

Felon82 likes this.
  16. Bazza47

Blimey Felon you were up early......

Gordon Mc likes this.
  17. Gordon Mc

This is what happen, Baz, when yer team causes you to worry - just can't get off to sleep. :) Mind you - you're an early riser too. Try Retirement - get to lie on a bit.:p

Bazza47 likes this.
  18. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Haha it's all the excitement can't sleep

Bazza47 and Gordon Mc like this.
  19. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well how we came out of that with 3 points I'll never know, Wolves should feel hard done by really thought they were the better side we for once were just actually clinical.
    Lamela took his goal well , good to see Moura & HK get on the score sheet too.
    Foyth ....... Had a mare

burnt likes this.
  20. burnt Well-Known Member

Was another mad game overall , jeez we're Dier at the back , couldn't help myself with that one lads ... How does a team go from rock solid to chronic just like that . Remember all the times we played really well in times gone past and couldn't score well we've certainly got our own back over the last few months . Will probably happen again at some stage throughout the season , 7 or 8 really good performances with only one or two wins , lol tis a funny old game alright ...... C.O.Y.S ...

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button