Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Newcastle front three too much pace for us without vdv .i fear

2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Usual rubbish .dominate play and concede on first attack and never look like scoring.Why is Sarr playing instead of Gray .Ange your time is getting shorter.Same mistakes we were making last year definition of madness keep doing the same thing and expect different results.I don’t believe that Ange understands the premier league or we would have moved heaven and earth for a defensive midfielder.Why have arsenal got Rice and city Rodri??

3. Genevaspurs Guest

This result is catastrophic! Like Leicester, we dominate the game, we have possession of the ball but for what result? 1 point to Leicester while Vardy is frustrated on an opportunity which would have led to the 2nd goal and a defeat for us. Today it's the same except that Newcastle scores this 2nd goal on their only opportunity of the 2nd half! And during this time, offensively, we have 25 crosses within 16 meters and only one goal which is an autogoal ! We are sorely lacking an extra defensive midfielder when we were supposed to be bought one this summer and the bad luck of having Solanke injured + Richardlison who has been the offensive ghost for months... This summer's transfer choices are clearly questionable! And whoever decided to bring back Timo Werner should be fired immediately! Postecoglou has his responsability too... Udogie was clearly bad today. His hasn't retrieve his level of last year. Why does he play the full 95 minutes for nothing offensively and is responsible for their second goal ! Son is the same ghost of the second part of last season.
    What frustration and what disappointment it is !

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Got to be said and the rose coloured can criticise me all they want but I am so fed up with the same bullshit.All the possession with no outcome and horrendous errors by Romero.When the international break is over Romero should be dropped and drag should partner Van. Why buy good youngsters and leave them on the bench while Bissouma and Sarr are clueless.Lets hope we have bought a centre forward who will get his share of goals or we are heading for mid table.I would give Ange till Christmas and if we are not near the top 4 then he should go although I don’t know who would want to manage these wasters.Can you imagine Arsenal or City getting a loan for Verner.next game against Gooners and that will be a loss no matter what is said and the fans will finally turn and Ange will be struggling .Bet he wished he had stayed with Celtic where you just turn up to win

5. Guesty Guest

agree..... hugely frustrating after dominating the game.

I think at times we are guilty of overpassing in the opposition half..... which let's the oppo regroup.....
    I'd rather we bought a 'goal scorer' like a Defoe/Lineker/Greaves..... someone who just knows where to lead run to create the chance......
    we just have players who want to receive the ball to feet standing still...... which hasn't the case when we play on the break.

At times we had a top line of 3 with a line of 4 behind..... no-one looking between or ahead of the lines

Perhaps we should sit deeper and just play on the break

6. Guesty Guest

How far back would you like to go?
    something must be wrong if all the managers we have had haven't turned the fortune..... except Ramos winning something

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

That would need a manager with imagination which we don’t have We blame Levy but he did not pick who we brought in Sorry fans but a Ange is Myth who has been found out .Only a thumping win against Arsenal will spare him

8. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Mid table signings = mid table results

Lou Carpenters football is for children it's so easy to pick off.

Newcastle have PL forwards we have Championship level 1s.

The window was atrocious and Ange is massively out of his depth.

9. voiceofreason Active Member

I do t think this is an Ange thing. We have two centre forwards injured. Either one of those in today and we could have had 5. We had 3/4 of the possession. About 30 shots, small margins and that could have been 5-1
    Give it some time

10. Angelos Guest

As someone who has just lost cash backing Spurs not to lose to this middling Newcastle side once again … I give you fair warning … major rant incoming.

I don’t want to hear any rubbish about Postecoglou. Any Spurs fan who wants another manager is clueless. We’ve had Jose … we’ve had Conte. Both highly rated, yet ultimately achieved nothing while playing bog standard football … Jose especially.

If Ange is culpable for anything, it is his undying love of Johnson. Johnson reminds me of another Welsh product … Daniel James … who was all the rage when he burst onto the scene at United with his blinding pace. James plays in the Championship now.

For every good thing Johnson does, he wastes five opportunities. Over and over again. Why? Because he is not technically good enough to play with his head up. Always crosses without even looking who is where. Simply not up to standard and never will be. Because at his age, your technique has already been set in concrete.

As for the rest? I don’t blame the defence. Nor the midfield. Our final third will be the ones that will make Ange give up. And he will give up … he won’t be sacked … he will walk away or force an exit like every other manager before him.

Excuse my French, but these attacking lads are f*cking useless. Kulusevski? Is there a slower man off the mark in the EPL? Maguire perhaps? Maddison? Eff me. He always killed us when he played against us. Comes to Spurs and he’s f*cking bang average. Son? as hot and cold a player as you will find. Not someone you can rely upon unless you’re playing relegation fodder. Johnson? F*ck Johnson. This is the one thing I truly blame Ange for. 50 million on this bloke? What a laugh!

Another mediocre season ahead … and by that I mean par for the course. We’ll come 4th or 5th or 6th. About the same as where we spend. Then Ange will leave, and we will rinse and repeat.

11. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Newcastle had both their starting CBs out and we needed an OG to score coz we have Championship forwards and a completely predictable way of trying to score.

12. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Both goals conceded again today Romero was in no man's land as usual for.

He's a terrible CB in the PL might be able to 2 foot his way through Peru and Trinidad for Argentina but he's shambolic for Spurs.

13. Angelos Guest

Our numbers approximate City’s … that is the style … difference is we’ve got no f*cking class in front of goal

voiceofreason likes this.
  14. Angelos Guest

Romero is class … but he is asked to play a very high line at Spurs … much like with City … our defence is going to get exposed occasionally

Again … the difference is … we have a f*cking useless front third … doubled Newcastle’s attempts today … but actually required an own goal to score

Should have beaten them 4-2 with any decent level of competence up front … they did f*ck all … end of story

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I am afraid that myself and Felon warned you last year that Ange is no where good enough for the premiership in ENGLAND.Why does voice of reason think we would have scored 5 if Ricky was playing or has he had a brain transplannt( richly I mean).it was as plain as could be that Son was fading and we needed at leastvtwo strikers and why did we not go for Toney,I question the purchases we have made which are for the future but we are desperate now .Do we ever win 50/ 50 balls no because we are so lightweight.Watched Liverpool today 3 wins 3 clean sheets.So far we have played 2 teams who will fight relegation and Newcastle who could not strengthen and will be mid table and we have one win .I am filled with optimism I dont think

Felon82 likes this.
  16. Angelos Guest

Ange is not good enough for England? Lol. How is it he has done better than Jose and Conte then? And without the significant luxury of Spurs greatest goalscorer?

What English manager would you prefer? Eddie Howe? Ange just tactically spanked his arse … Eddie’s boys got pushed all over the park at home but won on 2 counterattacking goals while our pretenders wasted chance after chance again. Is that the sort of football you want back at Spurs? Because the results aren’t going to change.

This team has won something like 2 out of its last 15 away. It is mentally weak, particularly up front.

17. voiceofreason Active Member

I don’t know why this site always turns into “I told you so!”
    The facts are that we aren’t winning enough and we need to do better BUT we are making more chances than most teams , having more shots on and off target and had the most touches in the penalty box in the league- yes we should be converting more but at least they are getting in there. With a few better decisions and yes centre forwards to aim at then it “may” click. Either way I prefer to see us having a go and not getting the final result than the dross that was served up by conte and mouhrino , where the heart and soul of spurs was forgotten about.

18. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Eddie howes team got 3 points not bad for someone who got pulled over the park.Wake up to our deficiencies and stop blaming Conte and Jose.The worst two players on the opposition managed to produce a wiining goal with Romeros help,Yes Ange start has been better than Conte and Jose but take a look at our last 20 games and we are bottom six.You yourself said we have won 2 out of 15 away Why??The manager is responsible for getting the players to perform and if we continue to waste chance after chance why is Son and Kulu still in team.This is the same manager who thought bringing back Verner would help.You state we are mentally weak .Is that not down to coaching or bad selection.I would as an aside take your comment about our best ever goalkeeper.This was Pat Jennings although he did the unmentionable by going to Arsenal later in his career

19. Angelos Guest

The manager is clearly not mentally weak. Do you honestly think that is the case?

You complained an awful lot about the dire football during Jose’s and Conte’s reigns. With good cause, although Conte’s football was decent enough.

Now you want Eddie Howe? who just arsed a win against us while his team got battered at home 2 shots to 1?

That sort of football will never win you a league. Ange has the right idea, he just doesn’t have the players. That’s pretty bloody obvious after seeing so many shots go flying into the f*cking crowd once again.

20. The problem is not Ange as he has clearly taken our issues defending set pieces and made us look half decent defensively again and our football is actually very good to watch. Our issue is our flappy handed gk, Udogie who persistently makes mistakes and needs time to develop, Romero who is simply not world class, a lack of decent defensive mf, Madders who is a quarter of the player he used to be and the front 3 of Son, Kulu and Johnson not being good enough to play for Everton now that insist on walking the ball in and refuse to look when passing/crossing/shooting. When you throw in subs like Werner and paying double his worth for Solanke who is a decent forward at best. Stick with Ange because his changes and style will pay off we just need some frustrating finishing to put up with but dominating possession and creating double the chances will eventually lead to goals and wins.

Just as a side note, Dragusin was awesome

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button