Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

The only
    The only game I have been happy to lose was the one against city.I have never done this before and won’t do it again..We are no where near ready for champions league but Arsenal winning the league is the most horrific scenario for real spurs fans so stop making out that I want to lose games because that is total bullshitWe should beat Sheffield and finish 5th but if we lose and Chelsea overtake us the serious questions should be asked as they have only won 3 games allyeara

2. voiceofreason Active Member

I’m curious you say you were happy to lose the game against City and will never do it again. What if we end up in an identical situation next year?

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

God you do stretch your arguments to ridiculous lengths.voice of reason.Get in the real world .As you think Ange will get it right we should be in front of Arsenal in future so problem solved.Will you be supporting City or Arsenal on Sunday.i think I know who

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

It’s been a long season which started off in fine style and then deteriorated into mediocre.Next year will be a huge test for Ange to prove he has learnt how to cope in the premiership.I am still hoping but fear for him.He did not like the spurs fans wanting to lose to stop Arsenal winning the league which is okay but to then criticise the club as he has is not good to get the fans on his side.He has almost said what conte said and I can’t imagine Levy taking this laying down.We all know that there is a weakness at the club but don’t blame the people who pay your wages.To say the club is fragile in and out of the club means what??Have the bottle to say it in English instead of double talk.if it’s the chairman have the bottle to say so.He will need levy on his side if he wants a transfer kitty.I find his arrogance at times unsettling and is typical Aussie

5. voiceofreason Active Member

Ridiculous response. Answer the question? Would you want them to lose again in the same situation next year?

6. Danlevy Guest

I don’t mind at all what he is thinking, in actual fact we don’t want a manager that isn’t driven by a desire to win every game and be a success. My problem is more publicly calling out the fans/club (if that’s what he meant). If he wants to say something, don’t do a Cantona, just tell it as it is, especially as that’s how he has positioned himself all season. Dont wait until after 4 piss poor performances that put us in tbe unenviable position in the first place. Every fan should be allowed to feel however they want, some agree and some don’t but that’s part of football and the differences appear all throughout the season, not just after one game. I personally dont think any other team in a similar scenario would have experienced anything at all different. I do have one issue with what you say though. How many Aussies do you actually know to say I’m he is a typical one?

7. Danlevy Guest

If it was exactly the same situation, with the same run of form, same opponent and same potential outcome then yes. If it was all the same except CL was guaranteed or the fate of the league was out of Woolwichs hands in the final game of the season then of course not. Just a shame we put ourselves in this position by being so shite for the last month. We had plenty of opportunities to pick up points elsewhere then it wouldn’t have been an issue

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Voice of reason you really don’t like being questioned do you and yes I would chose to lose if it ever happened again but that is a million to one against so stop trying to be clever and join the real world and stop trying to justify yourself by refusing to face up to reality.See Dan levy comments who agrees with me but for some reason I seem to be your bugbear.Why have you ignored my comments about us being ahead of Arsenal next year or like me you know it won’t happen.Arteta took 2 years to turn Arsenal but won a cup in that time will we do same???

9. Lol … you still haven’t learned anything.

Arsenal have won 13 league titles to our 2 … but you think there is a rivalry between us two?

We haven’t won anything of note for 30 odd years … we’re actually Arsenal’s whipping boys historically … but we should always sabotage ourselves if we can just to deny them one more?

You were so worried about what Arsenal would say for the next 20 years? never even crossed your mind that Spurs could win something equally noteworthy or better in that time?

This is called a loser mentality … and it so well ingrained in this club it seems almost irreparable.

Any Spurs man who ever wants us to lose should be put in a cannon and shot into the North Sea. The club doesn’t need losers like this onboard going forward.

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What a load of nonsense you are spouting.what difference would us beating city have done for us.Would it make us better than arsenal.Any supporter who wants to see Arsenalwin the league is a disgrace to the club.Stop the cheap digs at people who don’t hold the same opinion as yourself and comment on the real business as to can Ange turn us into a challenger.What ever you say about the supporters they don’t choose the players we sign or pick the team that is down to Levy and the manager which is where the problem is going to be solved or not .As for criticising the fans we turn up week in and week out paying the highest prices even when the football is dire.Put the blame where it should be not on the fans who in my opinion are amongst the most enduring

Ange make us into a real force

11. bingbong Guest

Where love's the place I dream, just think about that. You
    so worried for example about chicken bones, what we do
    when he huddle together, hit back at the hand and tongue
    the crown or crowd that hoots o000 i want to be done crying
    about Yeats, he's on seventh street with David Ginola. So make me
    this promise or give me this nothing day of wild beauty
    for Jermain Defoe he is a yiddo and always will be, like me.

12. bingbong Guest

signed the fence

13. bingbong Guest

Look, I think the problem with the players we sign or pick
    is dire. As for the fans we turn the league

stop people but the problem endured
    down to week in/week out daniel leby
    my opinion is the most enduring

as for paying the football no
    I turn up and what happens, score a goal

14. voiceofreason Active Member

I have absolutely no problem in being questioned. I was curious about your comment when you said you would never do it again and now you have confirmed you actually would!
    Yea it would surprise me if we end up above Arsenal and /or city next year- we are in the first year of a new manager and unless a club is already on top, then it’s unusual that a club would immediately become number one, we have to judge after at least another season. I’ve mentioned often that arteta and klopp didn’t hit the ground running

My most worrying thing now is if West Ham somehow pull out a result today then Arsenal will have “our” celebration of a loss to hold over us!

No I don’t have a bugbear against you, (just asked a question to clarify your statement and now have confirmation that statement was not actually true!) Also if Villa lose and we win then we know that celebrating was of of us not getting in champions league!

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Look again if we win and Villa lose we are
    Still2 points behind them

16. voiceofreason Active Member

Exactly!! The point was we needed to beat City - not hope we lost and then this scenario would play out!!!
    Hence the celebration of our loss to City being a celebration of us not getting champions league!

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

We still have to beat Sheffield and we are struggling at the moment although we are one up .Bottom club and we are making hard work of it

18. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Do you think Villa would be as relaxed as they are if we had of beaten city

19. voiceofreason Active Member

Doesn’t matter. They could have been nervous plus palace are on a great run and playing better. Very good chance palace would beat villa regardless

the way the scores are going so far. If we had beaten city then arsenal would still have come second and we would have come 4th. As it is the only difference to us losing to city is that we came 5th

we played well against city, that extra man of the crowd could have been the difference!

20. voiceofreason Active Member

So 5th place

I think if we hadnt had such a good start to the season we would all have been happy with this for a first season of new boss, new style and loss of worlds best striker!

let’s hope we get some good new signings and next season we will all be just arguing about how much we will beat teams by !

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button