Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Skippy Guest

Starting Sarr and Bissouma again. At least 1 will need subbing half time. Lo celso must be terrible in training not to get chance.

voiceofreason likes this.
  2. Genevaspurs Guest

Kulu must **** very well to still be on the field after so many bad performances

3. voiceofreason Active Member

This hasn’t aged well!

4. SKIPPY Guest

He's done. Slow, one footed, predictable. Would be happy never to see him in a spurs shirt. But in Levy world he'll be here for years

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Surely he must go now he has lost the plot.Scottish prem manager. no more please

6. SKIPPY Guest

Wow another appalling disjointed performance almost a copy of the forest game ...relying on individual moments from the same defenders to get us out of jail. The midfield and attack is virtually non existent. ENIC will save face off the back of Europa league next season. Ange has bought another year before the inevitable sacking after we w
    e finish 8th or 9th next year. Son will be the main man upfront for another year in order for ENIC to milk another year of Korean fan investment. I don't want to hear about young player "potential". Sarr and Skipp belong in the championship with Kulevceski. For years we waited for the club to get rid of dross the likes of winks dier sanchez but ENIC signed more. The club merely a front for ENICs other business namely events management and property investment.

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Team selection a joke.hope he knows to play all the youngsters against city

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

How much longer do we have to put up with Kuluveski totally clueless.Juve ripped us off

9. A few points after a good performance …

Club simply needs another striker. Richy has been very good (11 goals in the equivalent of 16 games), but he is always injured. Son absolutely needs to stay on the flank. He is no good with his back to goal and is no threat in the air.

Kulusevski is a poor option out wide. His numbers are among the worst in Europe. It is quite an indictment on Gil that he cannot get a game at the moment. Another busted flush.

Micky is a wonderful talent. Indeed, our whole backline is very talented, and provides more of a goal threat than the majority of our forwards.

We could naturally get crunched on Tuesday given our attacking approach, but no way should this club ever roll over for the sake of some other side. That’s just a small club mentality.

10. Danlevy Guest

Sorry but I just can’t agree with this one. We should absolutely roll and take a 5-0 spanking as it will be the best performance of the season given we couldn’t beat them ourselves. Small club mentality or not, I would much prefer a thrashing because we ain’t getting 4th anyway.

11. Danlevy Guest

Why do you insist, week after week, for the manager to be sacked? Give him a chance to change players in the summer and we will actually have a team we like watching. Get on his back and he might just leave and then we can recruit Moyes or someone with equally as exciting style. Be careful what you wish for, especially after one season. We have made progress with how we play, we now just need to make progress with the players at his disposal. That’s on Levy not Ange

voiceofreason likes this.
  12. Danlevy Guest

Sorry, I should clarify this point. I am going to be a Utd fan for a few hours and if United can beat them, of course I want to smash city (or limp past them) to aim for 4th. But Gooners are such the worst fans (not being biased) and the teams constant diving, cheating, whinging and luck will translate to a never ending story for their fans. I hope they book the bus tour and win F.A

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I say what I feel and after a good start we are now playing rubbish what players is Ange going to get in the window which will turn us into challengers.How can any manager continue to pick Kuluveski and play Emmerson at left back and now Skipp.Our midfield is now a powder puff unit and needs a complete rehash..I don’t believe that Ange will be able to get these magic players you seem to think will rejuvenate us.This being said I would not be quite so against him getting a second year if I thought he could adapt his tactics like all the top 3 when needed and he really must stop his arrogance about not bothering with defence.Secondly so far I have not seen his judgement on transfers pay off apart from Van de Ven.Who else would think of buying Verner (1 goal a season) and he I think had a say in making Kulu loan permanent..The last few weeks the players look shot and confused with the Angeball.Lets hope I am wrong and if I am I will be the first to come on here and apologise unlike the rose coloured who will drift into Obscurity if I prove to be correct. joking aside if he turns out all the youngsters on Tuesday and stops the Scum winning the league the he will have earnt a brownie point

14. Danlevy Guest

Take a moment to think about what we have currently. Vicario in his first season, needs help from corners and free kicks but has save us 100 times more than he has let us down in those situations. Udogie, first season and in most cases one of the best left backs in the league. Van der Ven in his first season and the best player at the club this season. Romero has learnt from his reckless start and has become one of the best CB’s in the league. Porro has improved no end this season. Biggest issue is the lack of depth in event of an injury, that’s it at the back.
    The problems start in MF. Sarr in his first season has the ability to be one of the best MF in the league but is still learning. Biss, PEH and Bentancur just don’t seem to be good enough for the system so 2 of those 3 need to be changed (keep Bentancur).
    Upfront is the same as MF. Deki is not good enough for the system and gives the ball away far too often. Johnson is a quick version of Deki who has no composure at all. He is however young and can impact from the bench so Johnson should stay for the squad but Deki needs to go. Son is left side only and Madders needs to stay but really needs to get back to his early season form. For me Richie needs to be sold if someone is willing to pay £60m for him. Add to these Lo Celso, Rodon, Davies, Emerson, Gil, Sess, Solomon, Reggie, Spence, Ndombele and Tanganga who should all be sold.

That is 15 players who need to be sold and replaced (not including Dragusin who may or may not stay).

There is no way you can change 15 in a season so realistically we need to split that group into 2 or 3 and only then can we judge Ange for his approach. He needs backing and patience and I’m certain he will come good. I’m the worst case we need to aim for top 4 and a cup next season and if that happens, we are on the right track.

15. Genevaspurs Guest

Totally agree wtih this !

16. The problem is not you saying what you feel. The problem is that your feelings change on a whim, or after a string of bad results.

To my memory, you have campaigned for every manager to be sacked since I’ve been here … circa Pochettino. Did you campaign for Arry to be sacked as well? I wouldn’t be surprised … he certainly earned it his last 6 months.

17. I appreciate this … I really do. But I would never go into a game wishing for Spurs to lose … simply never.

18. Guesty Guest

cometely agree.
    Those who wish we lose just so Arse maybe can't win the league.... madness.
    If Arse win the league then they have been the best team over the season.

It could be much worse..... Chelsea or West Ham could win it ffs!

I want our team to win every game and I don't care what anyone else does

19. Danlevy Guest

Well, we will have to agree to disagree on this one as I genuinely can’t do the Gooners winning the league I’m afraid

20. Lol … no worries.

Do you think Ange’s rep will take a hit if Spurs play superbly and beat City, even if it means we end up qualifying for the Champions League? Is Ange going to cop criticism either way?

I don’t actually see us winning by the way. I don’t think we’re good enough at the moment, but we do have a fair record against them.

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button