Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What a load of dross tonight.Saved by a special strike from Porro.How did we pay 60 million for Richarlison.He goes from good to absolutely terrible in minutes.Please Ange play Johnson on the right and Kulu in the middle as he produces nothing from the right.We are desperate for Maddison to return and play with Betancour.It won’t happen but a striker in the window would be nice to go with a centre back

2. God I can only imagine your response had we lost

Absolutely decimated and not a single centre-back on the pitch … yet still deserved to win

Another feather in the manager’s cap

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Surely you don’t think that was a good performance.I am amazed that no one is allowed to say so as it is considered negative.Let me say that I am extremely pleased with Ange and his football and do appreciate the injuries are not helping us but that does not mean every game should be looked at through rose coloured spectacles.My complaint about last night was not based on the defence but the poor decision making up front and the total lack of creativity.Richarlison is so frustrating and in my opinion will never be the man to score enough goals for a top 4 side.You state we deserved to win last night but Burnley missed the sitter of all time in the last minute we need Maddison back quickly to cover for the loss of Son.

4. We are missing half our side, including our captain and both vice captains … do you expect champagne?

We played well enough and deserved to win the game, and we did. I consider that a success and nothing to complain about.

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Even
    I am not complaining as you seem to think but just stating a fact that we did not play well.If you read my posts you will see that I am all for Ange and his football but don’t keep falling back on injuries as we are not the only club with injuries and players away for Africa cup.At least Ange seems to be aware of out deficiencies and is trying to strengthen us.Please be aware that we do play badly sometimes as do all clubs

voiceofreason likes this.
  6. Suitable response to a game we deserved to win, even though we had no right to given our absentees.

Spurs are something else under Postecoglou. Shame we have had to endure so many injuries. What’s happened to the bloke who was ready to jump ship at the first sign of trouble?

If we were at full strength tomorrow, I would back us to win the league.

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I know we are playing the best team in Europe but one shot on target against their 18 is not good enough.We need a striker now and when will we pass to verner when he makes a run.Hojbjergcould have cost us 2 goals with his sloppy control.Get the cheque book out Levy or we will fade because of no goal scorer

8. voiceofreason Active Member

Hang on! He got the cheque book out. We got Werner and a centre back. It was a good Jan transfer window.

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

We still need a proper striker and we need to use verner not leaving him isolated.Last night he made countless runs and did not receive one decent oass

10. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Season wrapped up nice & early.

Il say it again Ange ball is a Myth.

Thank god we saved up for 15 years just to take out a massive loan in the clubs name to build a stadium to become the 8th richest club on the planet and sign a back up CB & a low risk loan failure.

I don't know how we could ever have achieved such a feat.

11. Guesty Guest

that Vicario really is a good player......
    goalkeeper..... sweeper..... and a CB marker at defending corners!!!

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Don’t often disagree with you Felon but even you must admit Ange has improved the entertainment after Mourino and Conte.Whether he is over rated remains to be seen .Defensively we are 100% better but lack the killer punch in attack.I question his buys of Johnston and loan of Verner.Johnson looks quick but needs strength and if you play Verner then you must pick out his runs which we are not doing.When the Africa championship is over we will have Maddison Bettancour Sarr and Bissouma to choose from in midfield which is top quality.What we need desperately is a goalscorer who is only interested in scoring .If we get a goalscorer then I will judge Ange on performances as this team at full strength has potential but does not need players of Skipp and Hojbjerg ability .

13. voiceofreason Active Member

Yep, we lost a game to a team that won the triple last year and are widely regarded as the best in the world. All whilst our best scorer is in Asia, strongest midfield pairing (this season so far) are in Africa.

Good to have you back Felon, you are gold!!

14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

A win is a win but what a mess of a match.Poor first half brilliant 15=minutes then 30 minutes of a shambles.Udogie had a mare and Kulu.Vernon looking sharper but ain’t a natural goalscorer

15. The start of the second half was a joy to behold ... irrepressible. Overall, a deserved win.

I love what Spurs have become under Ange ... always on the front foot, never say die.

This side is already good but will become very strong in 6-12 months time if Ange stays. We have a lot of young players who will only continue to grow. We just need one or two more of pure class to take us to the very top.

16. voiceofreason Active Member

Hopefully the team peaks for the end of the season when we have a run of games that goes Newcastle, city, arsenal,Liverpool! We could drop 5 or 6 positions if those go badly, before the final 2 games of the season

17. Guesty Guest

........ plenty of games before then!

We did more than enough to win the game yesterday. And we almost fell for the Brentford game plan.
    without any other evidence I can only praise Ange for his HT discussion and changes.
    It went to plan (bar Udogie's error).......when it could easily have gone all 'Chelsea'

NB.... I thought Werner did well......but won't be a goalscorer. he linked the play well...... and we have goals in other players..... but I assume Son will replace him when he returns.
    Richy does enough chasing and closing down to keep his place.

So......Son back.......Sarr & Bissouma.....
    up to full strength we can match anyone in games at the end of the season

18. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Circus performance last night defence is as bad as it was last year.
    That's statistically a fact.

Barring a 10 min spell beginning of 2nd half it was atrocious.

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I think the defence is better but is liable to look bad because of the high line and the weakness at the moment in midfield because of the Africa cup

20. voiceofreason Active Member

Also the stats are skewed because for at least half the games we haven’t been able to play the preferred starting back 4

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button