Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Guesty Guest

we seem to always have an issue playing Chelsea

2. Cheshuntboy Guest

If posts of whatever type (negative in my case, obviously) are welcome, here's my offering. No one can dispute that the mood of the club and the fans has been transformed by Postecoglou's arrival, but to say that we were over-achieving is the understatement of all time. A string of narrow wins over bottom half clubs, plus a totally undeserved piece of daylight robbery against Liverpool, and many seemed to believe that top four was nailed-on, and the only question was whether we'd finish first or second, and who we'd beat in the FA Cup Final.
    Last night was always coming, but to crash and burn against Pochettino's Chelsea of all teams, was spursiness at its most embarrassing, and we'll just have to hope that whoever is thrown into the first team in the next few weeks, deadwood or untried kids, can rise to the occasion and prevent us sliding down the PL table as sharply as we ascended it up to last night. That's it - tata!

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Extremely worried by the team without van and Romero.Do we try Young Phillips who is a centre half.Wolves have quick attackers and we can’t play high line with Dier.Hopefully Maddison is fit and we can outscore them

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I said last season amid all the praise for Romero that he would cost us games with his indiscipline and unfortunately he is proving me right.We should have splashed out on another centre half in the window.It is always on the cards that van would do a hammy because of his speed.Phillips is young but had a good reputation in the championship so may be he will get a chance.I don’t want Dier and Hojbjerg at centre back as they have no pace.Looking forward to seeing Johnson with a full game as he does have pace and maybe we can defend from the front

5. Guesty Guest

the team have done well..... Ange has done well.....

Hopefully Maddison will be okay..... but losing Romero, VdV and Udogie is going to ask some questions of Ange and the squad...... with the two CBs I suppose the biggest question

just when we start to look like being back to something resembling a competitive team...... we shoot ourselves in the foot....

6. voiceofreason Active Member

I think we should have posts of whatever opinion. It’s a forum and it should have contradictory comments. To that end I disagree, Ithink our team is very strong and we deserve to be top 4 BUT the squad isn’t and now these injuries and red cards will show that. Maybe a blessing as it might force some big spending in janyy

7. voiceofreason Active Member

Maddison and VDV out till the new year. Goood Bentacur is back. Hope lo celso starts to show the class I think he has Hard 2 months ahead

injured or suspended next game VDV Romero Maddison Udogie Richie. All generally first picks :(

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What utter rubbish today .we really do need to buy big in January because the back up players are not nearly good enough.What other team can lose two matches in a row in injury time.Ange is now gonna find out that you can’t get by like at Celtic with second rate players.Davies our best defender says it all.Son dissapeared again as he does when we have to dig in.

9. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well the new manager bounce is over.
    The issue of a piss thin squad rears its head again.
    And today's football was reminiscent of the "they just need better coaching" years with the same shite they had to work with.
    Like I say it's the players you have at your disposal that dictate the way you can play.
    If it isn't then what's the excuse for that sh;te today?
    And this was against a wolves side that can't score for sh;t.
    Villa & City will rip this defence open.
    And on top of all that our forwards all of them were back to hiding again.

10. voiceofreason Active Member

Agreed poor display. Pretty much expected with the amount of first team players injured or suspended.
    Welcome back to the forum guys, predictable !

11. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well it's easy for fans to get totally carried away over a new manager bounce.
    As is the case on all platforms & forums.
    The squad is flawed nothing has changed and the problems are just starting to rear their head again.

12. voiceofreason Active Member

I do agree that the squad lacks depth. We all knew another centre back was needed but we had 4 of our automatic first ten outfield players players out plus Richie , who is first pick or always coming on as well as long term perisic who was another definite second half starter.
    The team is good, it’s not a new manager bounce but the squad is lacking

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

The truth is the squad is weak .we have a strong First eleven but the back up is poor as it has been for years.We’re we expecting to go through a season without red cards and injuries.Man city can replace with quality we can’t.Not good planning as usual

14. Genevaspurs Guest

15. Genevaspurs Guest

hahahahahhahah well said mate. Felon you are the Black cat of this website

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

The truth is we are without most of these players for quite a few weeks and by the time they are back we will be out of top 4.January transfer window needed badly.why is it that people don’t like being told the truth.Felon was correct about the performance today it was dire and back to last year.Nobody has been more pleased than me with our start under Ange but I am afraid we will lose more games because he won’t settle for the point when it is wise to.Today Wolves totally dominated us but we still did not settle for the point which would have been more than acceptable.Where was the closing down today.Son really anonymous and Kulu one trick pony.we lose another player to suspension in Bissouma’.I personally would like to see Phillips in the defence.I hope Ange has handed out a real ear bashing and fines to Romero and udogie.I said last year that Romero would cost us points because for such a good defender he can’t control his emotions

17. voiceofreason Active Member

Nobody disagrees that it was a bad performance, we certainly dont need Felon frothing at the bit waiting for out first proper bad performance to come charging back to the forum to tell us that ! Yes the squad is lacking but it’s early days with Ange trying to rebuild the team and it really was the perfect storm having injuries and suspensions all coming together at once

18. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I think you had better prepare for more criticism if as I suspect the Villa and City will murder the defence we had today.If we take anything from those 2 games it will be success

19. voiceofreason Active Member

I dont doubt it. As I said I think our second team aren’t as strong, I guess the issue is that we have immensely over performed to start with, so the readjustment looks more brutal.
    Nobody expected us to be where we are now at the beginning of the season!

20. Guesty Guest

I agree....... you can't just post when things are going badly....
    sometimes you have to come on here and say "you know what we played well today"

Of course we have hit a problem with players out and back ups not great....... but all we can do is play the players we have...... there is no other option.
    now is when we need Ange to show what he's about by making a team out of them.
    (for me just play Bentencour in the Maddison role)

we have seen Ange buy well...... but January is a difficult time to buy quality........and by then we will have our 1stX1 back anyway.....plus Bentencour and Johnson (if you consider Richie as the starter)

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button