Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

It will be great to have bentacur and Bissouma

2. voiceofreason Active Member

I know this won’t last and I know there will be bad times ahead but I’m so impressed to see all the posters on this site pleased we are top of the league!!

I can hardly keep up with the torrent of comments. I almost wish we were losing again to get the naysayers out again

3. What makes you think it won’t last?

I see only improvement ahead. We are indeed short a quality forward, and our depth is limited, but this is a very good starting 11. The tremendous spirit in the change room is very evident as well.

You will not see Felonius for awhile. He has talked himself into a corner.

4. Amazing how limp this site has gone. Is this not a place to comment publicly about Spurs anymore? Remarkable that no one has anything to say about our best start in 60 years. Perhaps it’s time for the moderators to put this dead horse to bed.

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Could not agree more .This site was once full of discusion.Now hardly anything.Is it because the fans are waiting for the let down??I have criticised on this site over the last 2 years but how nice is it to give praise when deserved. Long may it last

6. voiceofreason Active Member

The problem is, it seemed to become very toxic, quite a few people left since I first joined and in dm’s they have said it was just becoming people gleefully waiting for failure. Rather than supporting and hoping for success. Surprisingly there was an active poster who often , even to me!, went too positive-spurporter, not seen him in ages either.

7. voiceofreason Active Member

Hey PReed. I remember you being worried that not only was the men’s team doing bad but all other teams last season

as of today(before the pl games started) we were top of u21 u18 women’s and the league Nice turnaround?

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Brillian
    brilliant ain’t it.we have ar last appointed a proper manager for the women and signed a few better players.The under18 we’re our best side last year

9. voiceofreason Active Member

Glad to see you are still here Preed. Guess it’s just you and me now :)Top of the table again at the moment!

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Great to be top but a bit worried tonight after making 3 subs with ten minutes left and letting Fulham have at least 3 easy chances.We became very sloppy.One thing is clear that we miss Bissouma and it will be great if Bentacur is back soon .I know we have a game on Friday and I would rest Richarlison and play Johnson.I think it showed how good Udogie is as we struggled when he went off.Still to win when we were not at maximum is a good sign.What a change from the turgid rubbish served up by Conte

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Just seen Postelogou on sky saying what I felt that we were sloppy and it was obvious that he was not over pleased with our second half performance.Nice to have honesty

12. Guesty Guest

Good win. comfortable first half. And second really.
    Maddison really is a good players isn't he.

Good that Ange isn't happy with parts of the game.
    I wonder if a cheery dressing room was suddenly brought down to earth/reality when Age spoke.

It seems he has a good relationship with the team so they will hopefully listen to what he says us needed to be as successful as they can be this season.

I'm hoping we have a manager here who will really build something over hge next few seasons.
    Bissouma missing.....Bentencour as well I wouild say.... otherwise its been some time since we had a settled team with no-one who I would change.

13. Very good foundation being laid... and we're playing the right way

Still lack a cutting edge up front... Kulusevski has a good engine and good technique but is not a natural goalscorer... we leave a lot on the table every week

We do lack depth... and that is the main concern... no Bissouma... and then no Udogie second half... and our level drops right off

14. voiceofreason Active Member

I think it’s a bit hard to judge the replacement players because they were all thrown in together, anyone of them may have done ok if all the other 10 around them were the starting ones.What it reconfirmed to me though is that Royal is not very good, he is ok as a defender to just defend and block but he can’t play the fast skillfull stuff.

Agree about needing Bentacur or Bissouma on the pitch.
    agree about the Ange comments, it was great hearing that and I think it needed to be said , to me it looked like they all thought they were too good in the second half and there were some half assed passes.
    As an aside VDV is rapid!

15. Well not just Royal… but Hojbjerg and Skipp and a few of the youngsters up front too (Johnson will one day be very good).

Our two centres are excellent but if either goes down? It’s an absolute blessing that we are not in Europe this year

16. Tough fixture. Controlled the ball well but struggled to create. Wasn’t helped by a soft referee who allowed Palace to foul unabated all game.

Have to admire the spirit in the side. The effort is always there.

Richarlison is rocks and diamonds, mostly rocks these days. Never seen a Brazilian international so inconsistent from moment to moment. Never seen a Brazilian international with such an incredible work rate either.

17. voiceofreason Active Member

Feel sorry for richie. Biss was off the pace today, wonder if that’s coz he knew Bentacur was in the squad! Great result, top of the table, can’t complain about that!

18. Guesty Guest

I think Palace stayed tight between the lines to nullify the Sarr/Biss usual game. And the space for Maddison. (decent game plan that hopefully Ange will work on when we play the 'lesser' teams)

We controlled the game and got a deserved 3 points.

been a while since I've been soo comfortable with a keeper and CBs.......
    and Mid x2 [from x4] .....with Madd & Son it's a really good spine

I thought the ref let them get away with a couple of yellow card offences first half....which made the game a bit silly at the end

now......VAR for their goal.....his arm is clearly moved backwards by the ball touching it......so how is that allowed???

19. voiceofreason Active Member

2 good results for us this weekend. 2nd place and game in hand still!

20. voiceofreason Active Member

This game has GOT to bring the posters out of the woodwork! If son had been onside we would be home and dry, but we started to lose our heads. Although I think udogie and Romeros first one were more worthy of red cards. The one he got sent off was harsh, he cleared the ball and followed through. Big loss VDV though with that hammy,

I think they took off Maddison to save him for next games Dier and royal central defenders, plus 10 men on pitch what can go wrong:(

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button