Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Guesty Guest

you will certainly see red cards for less aggressive tackles than that.
    It seems you actally have to make stud contact for it to be a red.
    (ex-pros and TV talking about studs up nonsense)

The Chelsea one was less aggressive I think and that was red

Vic should have waved his arm in the air..... that would have done it

2. Oh some refs just don’t have the bottle to rule against the home side in such a big game, like Atkinson. Never seen a ref make such a name for himself by ruling on pretty much nothing on the field. To be fair though, I don’t envy them.

On a side note, hasn’t Poch turned into a useless bag of sh*t? Serves him right … presented himself as something above and beyond at Chelsea … no mention of Spurs …. the ultimate hubris.

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What is the idiot ex ref on sky on .He said Romero was fortunate not to get a red for deliberate handball and was saved because there was a spurs player behind him.What utter tripe this man comes out with and protects VAR come what may.Why do sky continue with his bias revues

4. voiceofreason Active Member

I’m loving big Ange instead!

Fitst mini challenge of the season over and 4 points from 6, let’s hope we keep it up against the lower teams.

have to say that Son is 10 times the captain Hugo was, I’m never for GK as captain but Son is so proactive getting everyone to the fans etc!

I know things are going well because this site is very quiet, certain posters absence says loads!

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Great result but still need another goalscorer.We should not struggle to beat 9 men although Liverpool did defend well.Nice to see our young Argentinian striker get a few minutes.Udogie brilliant again .Best full back I have seen at spurs for ages

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I see the var have apologised and will investigate why the Liverpool goal was disallowed I thought we were lucky and so it proves.Klopp will have tantrums and the **** rednapp will jump on it to criticise us as he always does

7. Another very good performance. Obviously a very good slice of luck as well. But to be perfectly fair, we have had zero luck in this fixture for a very very long time. I'm perfectly fine with the first send off ... can't be going studs high on another player's ankle, accidental or not ... easily could break it. The second send off? The first yellow was a phantom; the second, Jota was stupid ... can't be attempting tackles like that on a yellow. The offside goal was a bad decision ... looked perfectly fine. But it was 0-0 at the point, so you can't necessarily say it would have determined the result. Nevertheless, a remarkable turn of events ... no surprise though, given it's a full moon.

Have to agree with Preed. We have some good forwards, but another star player in the front line would make a significant difference.

8. Yes, I wasn't overly enthused about Son being named captain given he looked cooked last season. But he has risen to the occasion in perfect fashion.

I wouldn't dismiss Hugo and what he gave to the club. He was a very good captain, but I tend to agree with you. Goalkeeper captains are not the best ... given their placement on the field ... unless they have an immense presence/aura such as Kahn.

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Must agree with voice of reason that this site is fairly quiet and the doom merchants have gone quiet.I have been critical of our performances over the last two seasons but do appreciate the football that we are playing at the moment.I am not day dreaming about winning the league because that won’t happen and we will come unstuck from time to time with the style we play but after Mourino and Conte it’s a pleasure to be entertained.With a couple more windows who knows

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What happened on Saturday with VAR was a complete mess and if it had been against us I would be totally ****** off but this has happened before and all clubs have fallen foul of this system but what a a stupid comment from the crying scousers saying they are looking at ways to go forward.What they mean is replaying the game.If this ever happened do we go back and replay all games where an error has been made.From memory Liverpool have benefited quite a few times themselves.Would the great Shankly have whinged like these poor losers .Get over yourselves

11. Guesty Guest

I thought the issue wasn't with VAR as such....... more that those in the VAR centre thought the goal had been given.... hence they gave 'check complete' when they saw he was onside.
    (so the decision stood..... offside given)

so more human error rather than than actual technical VAR error.

either way agree complete shambles

And no way will the game get replayed..... as you say they will have every manager on the phone who has had incorrect VAR decisions

12. voiceofreason Active Member

There isn’t a hope in hell the game will get replayed or adjusted. You would have every other team asking for at least one replay of a match this season that they lost.
    I don’t know why it is done like rugby. Listen to the conversation and find out what they discuss so you are aware of the decision. If it was then the referee would have said to var, are you confirming the onfield decision of offside and hence no goal? They then would have caught the error

glad they didn’t though

13. Should have put them to the sword so all this discussion would be moot.

The situation is unique but it is really not that far removed from a missed call or fake penalty or perfectly good goals being overruled due to VAR inventing arbitrary fouls in the lead up.

They have a right to complain, but they are also sore losers. The goal would not necessarily have resulted in a draw. The complexion of the game would have changed … we may have beaten them 5-2.

All I’ll say is that as good as they have been in recent years, they have had a ridiculous amount of luck against us for a very long time and a lot of undeserved results.

All their chickens just happened to come home to roost this time.

14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Just watched Klopp on sky saying game should be replayed.I am sick to death of listening to this ***** who says he does not have a problem then demands a replayAgreed it was an error of by stupid people but it’s not the first and won’t be the last.Can anyone really imagine the complaints coming for previous **** ups.I suspect that Liverpool at anfield have probably had more errors on their side than any one but they think it’s their right.GROW UP and get on with it we are fed up listen to you whingeing scousers

15. voiceofreason Active Member

It’s fairly obvious what he is doing I would have thought? He won’t get this but so far he spoke well after the game saying they can make mistakes, made a preposterous demand that they can’t fulfill. So….how do you think the 50:50 calls will go when it is a decision concerning Liverpool now, they will be terrified to call against them.
    I think he is very smart!

16. Oh don’t worry about him… it’s pure obfuscation… two of their players got sent off like *****s. Sure it took an own goal to win it at the death, but it could easily have been a slaughter as well had the ball bounced a different way here and there.

We beat them … and more than matched them as well when it was 11 vs. 11. Give them the 1-0 and keep everything else the same … we still would win 9 times out of 10.

Time to move on.

17. So I see some independent PL panel has voted 3-2 that Jota’s second yellow wasn’t a yellow and thus he shouldn’t have been sent off.

What on Earth is wrong with these people? Or is this just some deeply embedded Liverpool bias?

Sliding in and bringing down a player on the break has been a yellow since the beginning of time. Those who voted it wasn’t should be sacked and the PL hire 3 new people who can think straight regardless of the club involved.

18. voiceofreason Active Member

Silly move from Bissouma, why do that when you are on a yellow already. Would have lost those games in the past ! Best start since the double season!!

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Van was immense.Time to give Veliz a game and drop Richarlison.May be Johnson will be fit by the time we play Chelsea.We will miss stupid Bissouma who should be warned not to do the diving.

20. voiceofreason Active Member

Hopefully Bentacur will be back soon to replace him

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button