Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. voiceofreason Active Member

Maddison is much better than Kane at close control and going past players. Kane did it usually because he could t see anyone else doing it. I would compare Maddison much more with prime ce and I think the signs are that he can be equally if not better than him
    This is why I disagreed with people saying we should only pay a certain amount for him because he was at the end of the contract , second division etc. it’s irrelevant, if the player is worth an amount, then you pay it if you have to!

great result, let’s not get carried away though I can see that happening to Burnley a lot this season but also against the lower teams they may get some good results

2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Must put in a well done for goalkeeper who some on here doubted.Fantastic save at 3 -1Cant wait to see Johnston instead of Kulu

3. Yes let’s not get carried away. Maddison has far exceeded everyone’s expectations so far, i.e., this is the best he has played.

No one could have anticipated just how well he has fit the club. When we bought him, his side had just been relegated. He had no set value. We got him for 15 million less than the initial asking price. That’s sensible, unlike the stupidity you’ve been seeing at Chelsea.

4. Well it's a new era at Spurs. Would have been a travesty to lose that but a serious lack of cutting edge almost cost us. I thought Postecoglou left his substitutions too late but the 12 minutes of extra time put paid to that.

Bissouma brilliant again. Maddison's hot form quenched by Southgate. Good to see Richy play a starring role off the bench. Johnson looks like a top buy.

Strange to criticise the winning goalscorer I know, but while Kulusevski has some guile, he always seems a half step off the pace/too slow. Worked in his favour today though, sticking the ball through the defender's legs for the winning goal lol.

Best start since 1965.

Bazza47 likes this.
  5. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

This is the sort of game we firstly always struggle in and secondly often lose. Let’s hope we’re entering a new era…….well done lads.
    COYS

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

For once the extra time rule has worked as Sheffield we’re wasting time from about 60 minutes.They really don’t belong in the premier league with their attitude to football which is dire to watch.Agree with your comments about Kulu who seems a yard to slow to me.Johnson showed in a few minutes that he will be a great addition as he has pace to burn.Bissouma a revelation this season. As he has freedom denied him under Conte

7. voiceofreason Active Member

So pleased for Richie. Hope that is a catalyst for his season. Even if the wheels come off over the next two games, I’m still loving the new (return to) style of playing that we have been missing for years, mainly due to managerial decisions. I was very negative about us taking Ange but each time I hear his interviews I like him more , seems like the kind of guy you would love to be in the pub with!

8. voiceofreason Active Member

another Chelsea draw. Wonder how long Poch has got? If Abramovich was still there he would be gone by now :)

9. Guesty Guest

nice for them to get one of our cast offs for a change

10. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Massive snakey fraud

11. My sentiment entirely.

I didn’t have a problem with him signing at Chelsea per se. We have had a few of their managers come through here after all.

But his complete lack of acknowledgment/respect for the club which essentially made him suggests there is something fraudulent about him these days.

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Great comeback from being behind twice.Last year we would have lost this easily.Son once again silencing his critics.Long May it continue.Romero still a liability and reckless which is a a shame because he has it all to be top class defender.Johnson will be good but needs a bit more strength.Hope his hammy is not too serious.Still great partnership of Maddison and Sony.We have a diamond at centre half with Van.Starting to look promising and we should still sign a centre forward in. January

13. voiceofreason Active Member

Not sure why You say Romero was a liability. He was very unlucky in both situations!!

14. Encouraging performance!

Typical derby... Arsenal two of the cheapest goals you will ever see... Spurs squared them both times

Otherwise pretty much equal... we outpassed them on their own pitch... a manic game... a good watch

15. We can forget about winning the league while the powers that be continue to allow City to spend well beyond their revenue but we've got a good side!

A good year ahead

16. voiceofreason Active Member

We should also mention that a fair few neutral and ex Arsenal players said it wasnt a penalty and if our player had done that tackle on their keeper it was a straight red!!

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Nice to see the ***** Merson have his prediction about spurs getting smashed go wrong.He always was an idiot

18. Guesty Guest

in my opinion they should get rid of natural and unnatural position.....and if it is unintentional....
    (intentional is a foul if course)

they should go on whether you have gained an advantage.....
    so have you stopped the ball going to an opponent or have you stopped the ball going on target

Today..... I thought Romero's hand stopped the ball going on target...

aside to that I thought we looked a proper team again today...... and that's been missing for some time (years) ....
    Maddison is the forward thinking technical link we have been crying out for......
    and we look solid in all areas of the pitch.

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Just seen a replay of the tackle on our keeper and how is that not a red card.What is var for??See Arteta never mentioned it after the game

20. voiceofreason Active Member

Agreed. I think ref bottles it. As I said above if we had done that to them it was a straight red. We were lucky there wasn’t a serious injury to him

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button