Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Don’t worry Felon because I have praised the start that we have made but I was extremely critical of last night and I will cop the abuse about being negative.Why is it that people don’t want to admit that our squad is wafer thin in quality and we can’t afford too many injuries.The disappointment of last night will take time to heal

Bazza47 and Felon82 like this.
  2. Bazza47

Bazza47 Well-Known Member

Another cringeworthy watch last night. When will we ever learn? Our reserves, bundled together for our first big test of the season was a mistake of the most basic kind. This sort of thing never works for us and Ange failed his first really big test by making so many changes. Watching every Sanchez move was so painful - rabbit in the headlights or what!

Felon82 likes this.
  3. Guesty Guest

I wonder if Ange thinks he now has to always play his best 11 and hope they stay fit.

If the sh1te aren't sold (and replaced) just don't play any of them unless it is absolutely necessary.

4. voiceofreason Active Member

Don’t confuse the content of the posts. I’m not in any disagreement that we need more players and that the squad is not strong enough, I’m in disagreement about seemingly being happier when we lose and conveniently forgetting the wins , just to moan ( not aimed at you, as you are capable of taking a more balanced stance)

5. The club, these owners, have jilted him too many times, hence his love is mostly anger.

He still loves the club though. And he is allowed to be bitter and miserable about it if he wants. You wouldn’t necessarily want to join him at the pub too often though lol.

voiceofreason likes this.
  6. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Evening Bazza, 10 players who featured in the abysmal loss to Sheffield Utd reserves featured last night against Fulham.

What did we expect to learn from putting a bunch of mediocre serial losers out again?

Ange pissed me off yesterday with that team sheet and his after match interview.

Another patsy on a hiding to nothing.

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

That is the same feeling I got last night that Poste must have known that the same bunch disgraced the club against Sheffield United last year but still picked them

8. Yep he’s annoyed pretty much everyone. Totally unnecessary dumb move by him to completely change his team given what he’s got in reserve here.

He’d want to make up for it this weekend.

Felon82 likes this.
  9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

i agree we need good win and performance on Saturday to get back to the good atmosphere which unfortunately was put back a step against Fulham.There is still a good feeling about Poste but I hope he has learnt that we are not in Scotland where you can make 9 changes and still win.I suspect that whatever he said in his press conference he knows he made a mistake and will not do it again

10. I don’t believe he is naive. Perhaps it was a bit arrogant, but in hindsight, I think it far more likely he’s been told the Premier League is all that matters. No other explanation for sending out your entire reserve team away to another EPL side in a cup tie.

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Who would have said this levy??Is he saying that professional footballers can’t cope with 2 competitions when there is no Europe Utter bull****

12. Guesty Guest

Ange made too many changes when our back ups are below par for the job

I would have thought he'd have taken that cup particularly seriously....as there was more chance of success in his first season.

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Does any body know what happens to the players we don’t name in premier squad.Can they take legal action for taking away their playing rights??Is this why we are so desperate to unload the dross so we can sign new players.If this is the case Levy and Poste should be ashamed that this was not done much earlier by telling them they were no longer needed instead of playing some of them against fulham

14. Big fran Guest

Just arching up on the Fulham chat. Agree the lads that played have proven time and time again not to be good enough. Had we lost and blooded ash Phillips, Alfie Dorrington at centre half and given devine a start I would have seen the logic more. Big learning curve for Ange. Hopefully get in tosin and brennan Johnson by deadline.

15. They would have discussed objectives/expectations. The League Cup is obviously not one.

There is zero money in it. Even the difference of finishing one place higher on the league table is worth 20 times more than winning the Carabao … and that’s even before considering the money European football brings if you finish top 6/7

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

We want to win a trophy stick the money

17. Guesty Guest

completely agree....... we want a trophy

18. Agreed, but best you tell the bean counters that.

19. Pure Angeball.

I knew it was going to be good. I just didn't think it would translate so quick. And still plenty of improvement to come.

We really do have a very good starting 11 now with some indispensable players. Maddison, Bissouma, Udogie, Romero, van de Ven ... and then a handful of guys who can complement them very well. For example, that was an absolute killer ball from Porro for Son's 3rd, pure class.

Ange you're forgiven for throwing the League Cup if you can produce that every weekend.

20. Guesty Guest

I'm not sure forgiven but hopefully lesson learnt

thought Burnley started well and scored when the game was even. soft tackling by us and then Burnley switched the play well.
    Bit if a soft goal to concede.

But we didn't panic. we stayed calm and played our game.
    we possibly passed them into submission. we moved the ball well and even wasted a few opportunities first half. (think Ange probably told them soo)
    good performance all game really.

I watched Maddison play in a kind of way that Kane got into (in the latter stages of his Spurs life)..... in that role in between the lines......
    and Maddison has a bit more close control and skill than Kane......
    so maybe Maddison has indirectly replaced Kane (I'm shrugging my shoulders in a not sure way)

Anyway...... what I can see is a team all trying to get J to positions to score rather than a team all just trying to find their main man

tougher games ahead for sure.....but we are building a good base

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button