Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

1. Guesty Guest

will be nice to have Richie ' Son both fit..... rather than semi fit as per the whole of last season

just a thought........
    is there a chance that Kane is pushing for a move because he can't do what Ange wants him to do in a front 3??

2. Yes that would be one positive. For too long, we’ve been the Kane team lol. We’ve won a lot of games, but at the end of the day, we’ve won nothing.

Time for a more collective approach.

3. Lol that is a fair point.

I’m not quite sure why he wants to go to Bayern and the Bundesliga but they’re certainly keen on him.

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

14 days to go before first match and we are still pussy footing about no centre halves bought and we still have not got close to replacing Kane.At least at Celtic Poste got the players he wanted now he is learning what countless before him have done that Levy is a Cheapskate and does not deliver unless on the cheap,.I can see Dier starting the first match and giving Brentford 3 points. 4years of the same defensive dross and stillLevy does nothing. At least he has put the season ticket price up maybe to pay Legal fees if needed

5. voiceofreason Active Member

I’m not bothered about the replacing Kane bit. If he goes I don’t think he needs to be replaced, I think the front line we have without him is good. Both son and Richie can play in the middle. It’s just the centre backs we need to get sorted

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

So disgruntled with the mess Levy is creating .All the reports seem to be that he has done a magic deal with Barcelona for Lenglet which means we will have the same useless back four as last year.I would not take him on a free let alone pay money.Guarantee all season tickets are sold. so levy does not give a **** about anything else.I pray that Lewis is found guilty and is forced to sell the club and levy goes with him..I am sure Levy
    would be a great chairman for a business where no football is involved .Don’t any body on this website share my frustration because it is so quiet .All the other sites I visit are up in arms about the lack of ambition shown where as we just accept the mess.Is is not annoying watching Arsenal spending on quality while Chelsea and United get their men not cheap alternatives.All the players not wanted by clubs should be graded on ability and we would shop in the bargain basement.So embarrasing

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

If Postelogou really wants to strengthen and Levy does not produce then he should walk and embarrass the idiot.He won’t have to wait for another job very long and would that not make Levy a laughing stock.This is a dream I know but it would shake the bald eagle

8. voiceofreason Active Member

I really think we will get a centre back. Poste has said we need that and I think it’s just negotiation that is going on. We may not end up getting the first choice because that is the way Levy is but I definitely think we will have a new centre back within 2 weeks

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

If I was a bookie I would give
    if I was a bookie I would give you odds and that does not mean Lenglet

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Just watched the first half against Shakter on spurs play and we have played some nice football with Maddison outstanding.We still are susceptible to a cross which shakter have got in one and sure enough we concede a headed goal. We really do need the new centre back because Davies is not the answer.Still not convinced by Kulu who works hard but produces little.Hojbjerg poor again passing to the opposition more than his own teamStill can’t score in open play but maybe that will improve.

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Well let me say the second half was so good to watch.After the defensive dross of the last 3 years we actually were on the front foot.Still suspect at the back but centre half replacement with pace should help solve that.Realypleased with the signing of Maddison and Udogie pure class.Richie not even on bench so I assume he is injured but young Scarlett scored a sensational goal.We wait to see what Harry is going to do but what a way to sign off if that is what it is.Do like Solomon.There are the likes of BISSOUMA and De celso who got little or no time so we are strong in the forward areas,We have also purchased two very good youngsters in Phillips and the Argentine forward and hope fully we won’t loan them back but give them some game time in the cups

12. Preseason or not our intent is clear. That’s 30 plus shots in every friendly. Really like the way the team is approaching things.

Fancy Lineker saying he fears for us this year and doesn’t see us getting anywhere near the top 4. Does he really not understand much? Is he really that out of touch?

13. voiceofreason Active Member

Not sure he is far wrong here. We finished last season in 8th position. So we need to increase by 4 places. I think we have improved with some of our signings but everyone else has too so I do t think him saying that is being out of touch?
    Not saying we may not challenge for top 4 but it seems a reasonable statement?

14. I think he is so far off the mark it would seem he is not paying any attention at all.

“I don’t see Spurs finishing even close to the top 4.”

“They are a long, long way short.”

And this is even if Kane stays apparently.

Seriously?

Everything that could have gone wrong last year did. It was in fact our best ever start to a season. Sure the team may have completely collapsed at the end but that was more an existential crisis than a lack of talent.

Since then we have picked up a cracking attacking manager, signed Maddison, van de Ven soon, Udogie has joined, Lo Celso, Bissouma, Richarlison, Ndombele… even Perisic… look rejuvenated.

There is a completely different energy about the place and we have a very expensive and talented squad.

And Lineker thinks we’re going to come 8th again or worse under Postecoglou? And behind who?

He’s either clueless or simply not paying any attention whatsoever.

15. voiceofreason Active Member

I take PayPal . Welcome Mickey!

16. Guesty Guest

who is Mickey??... any good??
    Sorry....never heard of him

17. voiceofreason Active Member

It’s Van de venn. One of the two centre back targets we have been chasing all summer

18. Big fran Guest

Actual quotes from Ange following the new signing of VDV, we are not finished their and looking to add a couple more who can defend aggressively on the front foot and in behind. That surely rules out Lenglet.

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I know it’s a friendly we really did not need tonight but a back four of Porro Dier Sanchez reguillon should make sure we get a good hiding but First eleven not to be risked .Nice to see young Phillips in squad for experience not that he will learn fromDier.the midfield and front3 have a chance to impress before Sunday

20. Guesty Guest

I know that bit.... but is he any good???
    have you ever seen him play??

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button