Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Meeting at club training ground now 3 hours .Stellini should have gone before breakfast.What a non decisive fool Levy is.Next step another Mason spell and all his mates getting picked .At least he can’t pick Winks

2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Well Levy has finally sacked Stellini after meeting with the players committee.Which other club would let the players involved in one of the clubs biggest embarrassment give an opinion.I suspect the committee was Kane Dier and Lloris two of whom are the biggest culprits in the rubbish served up.Now we get Mason and his mates and what if we lose to United and Liverpool.Defoe next in line???What a complete ****show.I don’t think Mason will be suggesting to Levy who should be sold when they are all his mates

3. Guesty Guest

DL was never going to do anything other than bring in Mason.....

could that mean he is considering someone currently employed??
    ..... otherwise why not bring in a free agent now??
    still it is DL..... and who knows what goes on in his head

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I seriously don’t think he has any one near being our manager because no one of any sense would come near this club

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I see from the latest figures published on directors fees that Levy is paid the most.

6. The Conte Guest

Maybe the question should be… were they consulted about sacking Conte but leaving his staff in charge?

The horse has bolted and I won’t be watching the game on Thursday or Sunday for that matter… this football club is a painful humiliating watch featuring an extremely boring and insipid lineup of players

I wonder if missing out on Europe altogether is actually the best thing for this club presently… we’ve qualified every year since our last trophy but nothing ever amounts to anything

So what else would cure the malaise beyond a mass turnover of players? Because that would only be a temporary fix as we’ve all seen

Obviously Levy has to remove himself from the club… if not officially (we all know that’s not going to happen) then in person. He is the one constant in that building… I believe his office is next to the manager’s? The weirdness needs to be aired from the facility

Then put a top manager in charge… Nagelsmann would seem a very good fit for this circus… and then leave him alone and let him entirely decide which players he wants in his side… it’s really not that difficult

7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I really won’t be able to make myself watch on Thursday.Listening to a discussion on talk sport today it is amazing how many people rave on about Levy but the players seem to get a pass.I know the squad is poor because of bad recruiting and this is down to poor decision making by Levy but he does not go on the pitch and what I saw on Sunday was purely down to inept players and bad management.how many teams switch to a back four when necessary and cope easily.To play with 4 at the back you must have defenders which we do not have.The best defensive player in the squad is the much maligned Emmerson who was played as a wing back which is not his forte and I admit hating him playing there but I now hold my hands up because he did defend with passion
    I would like to know what the posters on here have to say about Romero who I criticised early in his tenure and was crucified for my opinion.Be interestedwho Mason picks at the back but please not Peresic although we don’t have a left back except Davies and he is better as one of three

to get a pass

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Don’t know how much truth in the rumour that at half time at Newcastle Skipp was heared saying that Hojbjerg was an arm waiving fraud.If true good Kudos to the boy.He like Dier does wave his arms at other people while failing to do the job he should be doing himself

9. The Conte Guest

Romero has checked out like the rest of them… can’t wait to go home for the holidays and celebrate like a king

He’s a World Cup and Copa American champion you know

10. The Conte Guest

Interesting… I recall Rice’s sledge of Hojbjerg against West Ham… that no one likes him… I found that an unusual comment to just come out of nowhere

Personally I’ve had enough of Hojbjerg… he’s got some talent but he’s unathletic and not overly technical… he can go

As for Skipp… he plays with pride but he’s a limited player… we’re not going to win anything with him in the side every week

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What an empty gesture by the players offering to reimburse the fans for Newcastle tickets.I suppose they think it will make sure they don’t get pasted by the crowd before the United game.Does seem that the rumours of what went on in the dressing room at half time on Sunday proves what I have thought for the last 6months that the dressing room is split and there is no team spirit.Surely the first job of a manager is to get the players all singing on the same song sheet

12. voiceofreason Active Member

Most important game of our season is coming up, Come on Citeh!

13. Genevaspurs Guest

I agree with Hojberg and for Skippy too but we have two good midfielder out with long term injuries. Skipp shouldn't play and do the number on the bench and Hojberg could be rested if the other 2 would be able to play...

14. Genevaspurs Guest

It's a sign that nothing is right actually and Levy's post-Conte management sucks and what's happening is largely his fault. Not completely but mostly

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Just seem Mason s press conference and he was asked if he would like the managers job permantly and he said if offered he was now ready.Please Hope Levy never saw that or he could do it.I would like to see Mason go elsewhere and do the job for a lower league side because with experience he could be good manager but he is not ready for the full time at our shambles at the moment

16. I think if Lenglet and Davies are fit, that will help

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

We will be outnumbered in midfield again.This is why Stellini did what he did against Newcastle.Unfortunately we don’t have good enough defenders to play 4 at the back.Surely a system of 5 3 2 would be worth a try with just Kane and Richarlison up front which would rely on the wing backs playing well and would give us more control in midfield.Probably too much for their brains to take in

18. voiceofreason Active Member

Levy won’t appoint him unless by some fluke he wins all the next games and gets us into Europe. But the question is stupid, obviously you are going to say yes when asked the question. It’s like if someone asked if I wanted to go out with Margot Robbie, the answers yes but it ain’t never going to happen!

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Great performance City

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

We pay 40 million for Porro City pay 15 million for Akanji what does that tell you about our D O F.Akanji tonight was superb if only we had one half as good

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button