Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

1. The Conte Guest

Someone please remind me why Conte's number 2 is still at this club? and who on Earth ever thought that was a good idea? seriously... how could anyone have ever thought that was going to result in an improvement?

It would actually seem clear to me now that Conte has done an extraordinary job this season just to keep this side anywhere near the top of the table

But just like everyone else... spend enough time at Spurs and you turn to soap

2. The Conte Guest

To your question of who to keep next season? because this season is over

Well today no one really lol... but that is of course impossible... so from the entire squad...

Romero
    Porro
    Kulusevski
    Bentancour
    Richarlison
    Foster
    Bissouma
    Ndombele
    Gil
    Udogie

That's it... and I'm being generous to one or two here

So we need to buy about 15-20 players in the summer lol

3. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Is it still the coaching ;)o_O:):D:confused::cool:

4. The Conte Guest

We've seen what a good manager can do for this club

We've seen what this club can do for a good manager lol

We're back to square one

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Sorry Conte but no to Porro and no to Ndombele (we have enough lazy Ba****** already and what has Sarr done wrong

6. The Conte Guest

Apart from needlessly giving away the penalty that snapped Conte’s mind lol?

Not much… you can keep him… but you’re asking to be relegated if he’s your number one midfielder next year

7. The Conte Guest

On Ndombele…

We are absolutely crying out for some flair… we have none… no one in midfield who can beat a man… no one who can dribble

You can accommodate a technician in an athletic team… and I’m assuming the lazy/unathletic/unskillful bastards you speak of will be gone… Kane/Hojbjerg/Son

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I would rather have Maddison and I think you have underestimated Sarr who will be a good player according to better judges than you and I

9. The Conte Guest

I never said Sarr won’t be a good player one day… and I don’t think the club will be getting rid of him anytime soon

But Skipp won’t be shipped out either… so there is half of your central midfield places taken up by 2 developmental far-from-the-finished-article players

You can see how good we are now with Skipp playing every week… you’re just asking to be relegated

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I won’t knock Skipp but I agree that he gives everything every game but is very limited in creativity.The only good midfielder we have is Bettencour although I believe Bissouma is far better than he has shown in the Conte system.Changing the subject the Sunday press has crucified tottenhams performance yesterday and all agree that Bournemouth were by far the better team and the article in the telegraph sums us up completely and there is a great summing up of Stellini by saying you would worry about going abroad and leaving him with your cats to feed.Does the bald gnome read the papers I wonder because if he does he must know that he is a laughing stock

11. Mr Levy Guest

Romero
    Kulusevski
    Bentancour
    Bissouma
    Udogie
    Sarr

I think all else need to be punted long and far based on their inability to improve themselves. Jose and Conte, despite their defensive styles, are two top managers and if players can’t improve as a group with them, they are in the wrong league (which a large number of our players seem to be)

Seems that we are about to offer Dier a new 3 year contract. They will have a crack at getting Ramon Vega to come back next. Gang of clowns

12. Guesty Guest

sorry.......Romero & Porro can go..... and Danjuma

Gil or NDombele...... hmmm.... I would say both can go.....but as mentioned we have no flair..... so maybe keep one

Maddison we won't get. DL will offer 25% of the asking price and hell go elsewhere.
    we are already looking at a cheaper option from Spain in typical DL style

We need a sugar daddy to buy ENIC out and replace pretty much the whole squad

To be brutally honest I blame those who buy tickets.
    Stop supporting ENIC..... they have no interest in us being a football team...... they are only interested in using tbe stadium

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

If we are about to offer Dier an extension of 3 years on his contract then some one should be up in court for gross dereliction of duty.Does Levy not see the useless idiot not defending week after week.We should not be doing anything on contracts until a manager is appointed

14. The Conte Guest

Good post! Gave me a good laugh

But I’ve had enough of the midfield blowhards at Spurs getting way too many games… Mason… Winks… Skipp

I appreciate we need homegrown players… but is this the best we can do? None of them are/were technical players… it’s simply not going to cut it at the high end of the table

15. The Conte Guest

Dude I suggested 15-20 new players… tongue in cheek

You’re suggesting 25? Respect lol

16. The Conte Guest

Okay let’s not throw the baby out with the bath water

There is a malaise over this club that affects every player who walks through it’s doors

Just look at Sanchez… a quality CB when he joined for 40 odd mill… and was for us for a year or two… now a gibbering mess

Romero is quality at this point in time… he’s got the medals to prove it… Porro is a great prospect too… but yeah give them a year or two more at Hotspur Way and they will turn into bags of **** as well

That’s how things work around here… but you can’t sign 25 new players every season lol

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I read on another website that spurs should have put Mason and Powell in temporary charge.Powell has experience but is the academy manager and our under 21s are second to bottom of their league which is not really a recommendation.No one seems to mention our accadamy as we don’t have any body of the ability to throw into first eleven action as do teams like City Arsenal and Brighton.Whoever takes our manager job should be someone who builds from the youth upwards not a stop gap wonder coach like Mourino and Conte

18. Guesty Guest

how has DL not sacked this bloke.
    one thing is surely set in stone...... he won't he manager next season

19. The Conte Guest

God no thanks

No one mentions our academy because it’s not worth mentioning

We haven’t produced one great player since Kane… and before him? You’d have to go back to King

Playing youth sounds nice in theory… but no I don’t want a manager who weakens us by playing the Winks Skipps Carrolls Onomahs etc etc etc of this world just so we can sell them for a few quid

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Not talking about selling young players but bringing them on like Foden at city or half the arsenal team

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button