Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

1. Guesty Guest

Danjuma can have some minutes but I just don't see anything there.
    ......same for Porro
    both not PL top6 standard

2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Don’t know if it is true but stellini is supposedly to have said De Zebri was lucky that he had got Potters squad.But if he did he is a tosser and De Zebri acted like a schoolboy.Don’t want either anywhere near my team

3. The Conte Guest

The sad reality is that this lineup is not very good anymore

The effort was very good… but the talent isn’t there anymore

People can talk about tactics holding us back… e.g. our lack of a concerted press/high line… there is some merit to that

But really the difference between Brighton and us was athletic and technical

We are not a technically good enough side to consistently play through a press… Brighton are technically better than us

And we are not an athletic side either… e.g. Son used to be very quick but he’s lost a yard of pace… Kane has never been a great athlete… Hojbjerg and Skipp are just grafters in midfield… Brighton are a more athletic side than us

It was good to win… particularly after what occurred prekickoff… but we are going to need an awful amount of luck to get Champions League

4. Genevaspurs Guest

5. The Conte Guest

I appreciate what you’re saying… but we do have leaders in theory… e.g. we have the England and France captain (at least until very recently) on our books

You would think that might amount to something… but it never does around here

The mentality seems shot… that’s what happens when you play/work for Spurs

I do appreciate the effort this weekend… but the talent is not there at the moment

Maybe it is just a matter of confidence… we have quite a few players with high reputations… but at the end of the day performance is all that matters

I am not looking forward to the week from hell in a fortnight lol

6. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

We should be getting new manager in now so he can assess the squad .Waiting till the end of season is just Levy not seeing the big picture.Unless united and Newcastle lose about 4 games each and we win all of ours there is no chance of top 4 Not going to happen despite the bull**** coming from our makeshift managers.The new manager should have an idea who goes and who stays asap not 2 days before the start of next season.

7. The Conte Guest

No self-respecting manager of any note would wish to step into this ****storm with 10 games to go… available or not… why would they? it is a very small window to do anything of note… any good manager would wish to begin afresh in the off-season

I trust… and sincerely hope… that we will not go down the same route from a couple of years when we couldn’t find anyone for months and ended up with Nuno… because there will be universal outrage should that happen again

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

That is why we need to react now or we will be left with the also rans as we did with Nuno.The results
    For the rest of the season decides whether we play Europa or conference or neither.I personally don’t care about Thursday games as we usually get dumped by some second rate continental team

9. voiceofreason Active Member

I agrée we should get a manager now but also agree no manager wants to take it now and be seen to have « lost » getting top 4
    We need to make it clear that any manager coming now is not expected to get top 4 but is supposed to start evaluating the options the final games. I hope Stelline gets 3 matches and Ryan runs with the team, maybe with a 3 match ban Levy will cut ties earlier

10. voiceofreason Active Member

Silver lining is that if city beat Arsenal and they each have the same results then Arsenal will have reinvented doing a “spursy” and will lose the title

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What a lovely thought

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Watched City ,last night and realised that Tottenham have maybe 2 players Kane and Romero who would get on their bench but not in their first eleven.Makes you realise how much deadwood we have.Their work rate is exceptional.How come we have taken more points from them than any one else??

13. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Romero wouldn't get anywhere near City's bench he's just an aggressive Eric Dier

14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

See the press now have Kompany as favourite for our manager.I can’t really say whether that’s good or bad.At least he has Burnley playing football worth watching which would be a uplift at least

15. Guesty Guest

he probably has “it is my responsibility” players and not our “someone else will do it” players

16. Genevaspurs Guest

Today again Romero iisatis fault on their 3rd goal and he is much too slow in when he passes the ball. When you want to win a match and destabilize an opponent, you have to play more faster. Romero, Dier and Hojberg are far too slow! Richardlison's header 30 seconds before their third goal should have ended up in Bournemouth's goal and we should never have lost that game! Kudos to Bournemouth for exploiting our inability to defend. Shame on our players for only playing by period and believing that we will beat our opponents only because we believe we are stronger... But it is clear that we are weaker in the head and in the commitment than more than half of Premier League teams. It looks like a team of Divas facing players who want a lot more! Last thing... Where's Kulu ????

Felon82 likes this.
  17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What an absolute farce .Out fought and outplayed by relegation fodder.With this team starting the next season we would be certs to get relegated.What was the Conte clone doing putting on Sanchez.Ji think the player is useless but today the crowd probably went over the top against him and that is Stellinis fault for putting him on.I am afraid that Levy has surpassed himself with the appointment of Stellini .Even a temporary Rednapp would have been better.I don’t believe that Stellini has a clue and it would not surprise me if he phones Conte.As for the players not one can look in the mirror and know they played well.When will we put 3 in midfield and attack because I would rather lose trying to win than this non event stuff we are playing.Can Levy sit and watch this cr*p and not know that the fans have had enough.Yet there are still people on this web who foolishly still think we can get top 4.I would not be surprised if The Villa Brighton and Liverpool overtake us which would put us eighth and no Europe at all.The transfer window will be a nightmare because without Europe no one will want to come.Our only hope is an oil baron buying us and then we pay ridiculous wages.Dream on

18. Guesty Guest

..... with Europe we'll struggle to get people to come...... unless it's to play daily at our training facility

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Watched the Villa game today and saw a centre forward who worked his butt off for the team unlike our goal scorer supreme who can not raise a gallop these days Time to sell while still worth a few bob.why does every other team seem to work harder than us.

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Seen after match comments from stellini and I am convinced he watches a different game to the rest of us.We had nothing to be ashamed of because we pushed.We lost you clown to a relegation threatened team.and this is about the fourth bottom 6=team to beat us.Please Levy swallow your pride and sack the clown tonight but don’t go for Lampard because he is doing a magnificent job at Chelsea.Every cloud has a silver lining

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button