Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

1. The Conte Guest

We have to work on our personality… and this takes time? lol unbelievable

Personality is innate… we don’t have any… and even if you could teach it these players have been around here forever… they’re not learning anything

Just a trash club… approaching it’s lowest ebb in 20 years

2. voiceofreason Active Member

he said we played a good game!

Really poor decision to keep him on, guaranteed no new manager or even new temporary manager bounce and also keeps the same philosophy going.

I think just having Ryan may have been better although I don’t understand why teams sack a manager without a replacement plan.

I’d even take Harry for the rest of the season, be interesting to see who moves quicker on a new manager us Chelsea or Leicester . I just keep repeating « not Rodgers, not rodgers «

the only upside is that Chelsea screwed up by taking Potter, if he was still at Brighton I’m sure we would have gone for him!

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Great reaction from Jamie Ohara on talk sport last night on stelinis press conference.Stellini said we played a good game.What was he watching.He did say we should control the ball better and he brings on Sanchez who can’t even control his own legs.When asked about why Danjuma is not getting time he said it is difficult because our front 3+was so good.What is the man on.Levy should listen to the supporters and get rid now as he is just pulling us further down.Even if it means Mason in charge.
    it has to be better than the Conte clone.Bet Danjuma wished he had joined Everton now.Come on Levy grow a pair and admit your **** up and say goodbye to the Italian mob.We need some planning to start now for next season as forget the top 4 it ain’t gonna happen.Get.a manager now to plan and assess the squad and plan the departuresThe final piece of misguided optimism came when asked if he was confident that we would finish top 4 and he said that he was confident as we have a large squad but failed to say large but useless.Can he not see the league tables Man U. And Newcastle have two games in hand and Brighton 3.Does he think that they will lose more games than us especially as we play Newcastle away.I know you have to be optimistic but don’t treat the fans as *****s

Last edited: April 4, 2023
  4. Felon82 Well-Known Member

Well well well, Conte said what I've been saying for ages.

Everyone got butt hurt over the truth, he got the sack.

Change coaches but the situation will not change.

Until this loser mentality is flushed out of club and by that I mean the absolute dross we've stockpiled and many on here have told us just aren't being coached properly then nothing will change.

And now no serious manager wants to touch this club with a bargepole.

Tottenham Hot Spa World of Adventures has literally created an untenable position for any Manager.

Also no serious credible players wanna join either.

Worth saving up for 15 years to then just taking out a massive loan instead to build a toilet bowl and fill it with sh;te.

No manager, sh;te squad, events galore and ticket price rises on the horizon.

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Nobody mentions the under 21s who are so poor or the women’s team who are also managerless and poor .Meaning the poison runs right through the clubs structure

Felon82 likes this.
  6. Felon82 Well-Known Member

It's deep rooted loser DNA but what with the seals that support us they'll clap anything.

All of this BS will stop when they get their Daddy Poch back for vibes.

The quicker that happens and he fails the quicker they can all finally get over him and give a new manager a proper chance without delusional expectations.

7. R.Mason Guest

I hear many Spurs fans questioning my position at the club. WT actual F? I've even been referred to in some quarters as a chinless wonder.
    You don't outlive 2 world class managers without good logic and I can tell you Daniel has that in abundance. I go way back with the 2 Harry's (yes my other bro is fighting his way back in Sampdoria - he can still be pivotal to the next project). I also took Eric under my wing in 2014. People forget how hard it is to a transition to a new country and some of the more established coaches MUST realise he does not respond to criticism. Eric has outlived 8 managers in his career at Spurs and I think Daniel is as keen as anyone to ensure we finally get a head coach who can guide him to his full potential. I fully support that initiative. I fully believe the foundation I gave to Eric allowed him to support Davinson in a similar manner. People forget how Eric has brought him on positionally. Yes I understand some of the recent criticism where we have not closed out games from winning positions. We need to maintain our focus and reach our potential. I've explained this to Daniel and I can assure you hes fully committed to the project. We go again.

voiceofreason and Preed like this.
  8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Great post nice to see a sense of humour still lives on

9. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

What a nob head is Gary Neville for criticising Jamie Ohara and Jermaine Jenas for saying they are fed up watching this spurs team as they never finished top four .So what,,, He spends his whole time criticising players who were far better than himself.Just likes his own voice.Surprised carragher has not nutted him yet

10. The Conte Guest

Lol I agree… Mason would have done as well as possible for an interim at this point of the season… would have at least attempted to get this team playing on the front foot as he did a couple of years ago… could have been slightly refreshing

It’s just remarkable and simply untenable to sack such a high profile manager but then leave his assistants in charge after what occurred

Can you honestly see us doing anything against Newcastle… United… and Liverpool in a few weeks? Wouldn’t surprise me at all if we get rolled at home by Brighton this week

We might have two quick sackings in succession here shortly lol

No I don’t want Potter here either… but why do you despise Rodgers so? he’s certainly not my first preference but at least he has some cred

11. voiceofreason Active Member

I just dont think he has really done anything He was sacked by Reading, did an ok job with Swansea so became a surprise choice for Liverpool, didn’t set the world alight with them and then did well in a league with 2 teams and 1 was knobbled whilst he was there . Again with Leicester, nothing special

But probably mainly because he looks a bit like Lord Farquart!

12. The Conte Guest

Lol okay... well at least he's won something... which is more than us

Again not my first choice but we could and have done worse

13. The Conte Guest

You can't blame people for supporting their club... but I doubt there is anyone clapping after the farce of the last month

But yes people around here are in for a major reality check next year... when Kane leaves and we dive like Everton... because our lineup is no better than theirs other than 1 or 2 players

This will also be a major reality check for those who've been saying how **** we are these last few years... those people are about to find out what a truly **** team looks like lol

Felon82 likes this.
  14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Anybody else think we should think carefully before making the loan moves for Kuluveski and Porro permanent.Kulu has lost form and is this why juve let him go and if we want to start with 3 in midfield we need full backs who can defend which is not a strength of Porro.But I expect us to buy them without any thought to what the future manager needs.This is one reason we need to appoint now and discard the Italian mob

15. The Conte Guest

We need to find the best manager possible… even if it is in June… and he better be ****ing good… because a lesser light will see this squad plummet to the bottom of the table… after the last few weeks there is no doubt about that

16. The Conte Guest

And there are no guarantees…

We need a major overhaul of personnel… this is obvious… our best have turned to chaff

But we could spend 300 mill in the off season and it still might not make a difference… just look at Chelsea

This club is on the precipice of total irrelevance

17. The Conte Guest

I’m happy to start picking out players here… because collectively they’re all weak as piss

Let’s start with… and in no particular order

Hojbjerg… one of our most solid it would seem… but apparently he’s got a problem with how Conte communicated… really? but what have you ever won son? go back to Southampton… they’re about to be relegated… that may well be your level

18. The Conte Guest

Son… my apologies for your utter ***** of a father… who thought himself important enough to tell everyone that you… the captain of your country no less… couldn’t cut it on the world stage

Still… that is no excuse to come and stink up North London for a year after going Golden Boot

Time to go

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Which players would you keep Conte.My choice Romero Sarr Skipp Betancour Kane Spence Porro as back up Richarlison foster back up keeper Bissouma who will get better.The rest goodbye and that includes players out on loan( winks Le celso reguillon Ndombele Rodon.I would probably keep Emmerson because I think he could be a good defensive full back
    Not a wing back with the right manager.Finally I need convincing by Kulu who runs hot and cold.On that basis we need at least 11 new players .No chance

20. The Conte Guest

Lloris… will leave the game as one of the greatest keepers of his generation… and a Spurs legend… who unfortunately won nothing here

No one wants to hear about your levels of fatigue… or why certain shocking errors were simply bad luck… when you have been one of the very worst keepers in the EPL this year

Many thanks… but time to go

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button