Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

1. Mr Levy Guest

Now, more than ever, ignore the rumours in the press. There is an awful lot of stirring and poking that comes and much of it is utter nonsense.

2. THFC Guest

Looking at players to help resolve our issues at the back and a very interesting one has popped up as a potential target. Laporte from City would absolutely improve us and should be a priority if available. If we are serious about improving he would be a great addition

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

So Poch is a no no that should please the players.Levy will continue to chase managers not interested and then we will be in the same position we were in when we signed Santos and will accept anybody

4. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Rodgers sacked by Leicester now see Levy add him to the list

5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I know most of the website are only interested in the men’s First team but I am a supporter who wants us to do well in all aspects.The under 18s are doing well but the under21s are second to bottom in their league and this is the feeder for future first team,.The women are now becoming a laughing stock while the top premier clubs all have competitive women’s teams.No manager for the first team or the women’s team and the recruitment is awful in both teams .The coaching of the under21s. i must be questioned as they should be producing future players.Does Levy ever give the club structure any thought as the bigger clubs seem to put their youths and women as a priority as well as the men.What a shambolic club we are becoming and why aren’t the trust asking the questions about all teams not just the first team .Quite often the men of United City Chelsea and Arsenal are seen supporting their women and youth teams .It’s called club spirit which we seem to lack

6. Guesty Guest

we aren't

7. THFC Guest

true

8. voiceofreason Active Member

So Leicester and Chelsea looking for managers now. That will make it harder for us , I reckon Poch may goto Chelsea? Although I expect Leicester will approach him

9. The Conte Guest

I don’t see Poch as the answer here… he did well enough but he did not excel at PSG

I hear that he is hanging on for Madrid… I can’t believe this is true… his reputation is not at that level

That aside… it would be just like Groundhog Day were he to return… we didn’t win anything under him despite having a great side at the time… not sure why anyone would expect him to do better with a lesser lineup

I would absolutely advise him not to return

10. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Could not agree more Conte .If Pochetino is as rumoured hanging on for Real Madrid then his ego needs to come down because I don’t believe he would be anywhere near the top of their list.Vastly over rated..His football for us was good to watch but he won nought and you and I could manage to win with PSG.It seems the only clubs the so called good managers want is the few with mega money.what happened to ambition

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Same rubbish that Conte would have picked.I know we have injuries but our bench would struggle in the championship.Don’t think Lloris should have walked straight back and we will need defenders as they will throw the ball into our box and Peresic is a weakdefender

12. voiceofreason Active Member

I am not in the anti Hugo camp and think he is top class, however I think Forster has showed himself to have done well and would have kept him in for a few games while Hugo is fit, if only to show that good performance gets rewarded.

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Change of manager same sh*t especially Son.We used to have the best front 3 now we have Kane because all of the rest have completely lost the plot

Last edited: April 3, 2023
  14. Indibob Guest

Sanchez and Lucas aren't on. What did this reserve manager expect to happen??

15. Mr Levy Guest

Well that was piss poor. 10 men so we sit deep, let them attack and try to pass the ball around them in our own box with 2 terrible CB’s and a very average GK.

Got exactly what we deserved there thanks to our lack of desire to go on and kill the game.

Oh and given Moura has publicly stated he is off, why wasn’t Danjuma given a run.

Embarrassing

16. Genevaspurs Guest

As usual.... same mistakes...
    We lose 2 points to Southampton as we win 3-1 with 10 minutes remaining. Why? Because we defend much too deep and we let the opponent gain confidence and put danger in our 16 meters. Today it was the same. We play 11 against 10 and we play like in the school playground... We don't want to hurt, on the contrary, we let Everton gain confidence and what had to happen happens... Nobody makes the carrier play. ball. Shoot and aim. Totally avoidable! What is Sarr for on the bench when it is necessary to tighten the lines and defend on these possibilities of Shoot at 20 meters?
    Stellini vs Conte... same thing !

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Where to start .Conte proven correct about this spineless dross.one up against ten men and we sit back and let the ten men dominate.I can’t think of one player who deserved to be on a winning team.Can someone tell me why the non distributing keeper was back causing trepidation.Usual rubbish from Son Porro Dier Kulu.Midfield today was absolute cr*p and can someone explain to me what Position Romero is playing because he does not seem to know.That’s two games in a row that we have let 2 of the worst teams in the league come back and take2 points from us .We now have Zilch chance of top 4 so please show Contes assistant the door now and start planning for next year and probably the Thursday cup although we probably will finish seventh and out of Europe.We are now a complete embarrasement and these players just don’t have the nous at this level

18. The Conte Guest

This side will be in the relegation zone next season without Kane… that really is how collectively poor it is… mentally and technically

Leaving Stellini in charge is honestly just the dumbest thing you will see in professional sports… apparently you can’t keep the class manager who rightfully tore everyone a new one… but you can keep all his self deprecating lackeys? as if that is actually going to change/improve something around here?

Unbelievable lack of insight

People who’ve been waiting for this board’s ultimate comeuppance will soon be pleased when we‘re jousting with the trash at the bottom of the table next year

19. The Conte Guest

That said… Potter will be incoming… and he has a good record coaching trash… we’ll be the new Brighton… so mid table is nailed on

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Just seen Stelinis after match comments and he comes out with the usual bullsh*t.I suspect looking at his face that he really wanted to say the same as Conte but some of his comments tell me he does not have a clue how to motivate the players

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button