Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Not while Mason is cheap

2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Which team Conte Spurs or Endgland

3. The Conte Guest

Nagelsmann would be perfect for Spurs

He does more with less and less with more… he’s also a bit of a weirdo

So he’d fit right in here with Levy I’m sure

4. voiceofreason Active Member

He’s gone! Looks like no immediate replacement

5. The Conte Guest

Why on Earth would his coaching staff remain?

Spurs an utter mess

Farewell Antonio… you will always be remembered fondly for that glorious rant

6. voiceofreason Active Member

« Unacceptable! »

7. The Conte Guest

Haha… indeed

Time to change my handle again lol

8. THFC Guest

Where to from here then? If this group of players can show the desired commitment and learning from Conte and Jose to improve then they clearly have no room to improve their ability.

Coaching techniques and formations make such a huge difference to a squads ability to compete however when you have a group who simply don’t apply the effort or listen to the direction that the coaches give, then you have no real chance to improve every day.

We have a small number of players who seem to embrace what coaches tell them to do but far too many over paid average players who simply don’t seem to be able to listen or understand the instructions when they get on the pitch.

I think with the managers we have had, it proves that this group as a collective really are not able to improve much beyond inconsistently competing for fourth place because that is the most any of the last few coaches has been able to achieve.

It’s time to shake it up with the playing squad. I would like to see Porro, Udogie, Romero, Sarr, Skipp, Kulu and Bentancur remain. All others to be sold including Kane if we can get £100m for him. I know that’s a lot of players but I’m not convinced anyone else in the current squad should be anywhere near the first team next season. Only keep players that will improve with time or currently improve us when they play.

9. The Conte Guest

Conte hit the nail on the head… the players here are used to achieving not much… it’s what’s expected of them and they have duly delivered again

Think about it… even when we had the best side in England a few years ago… still couldn’t win anything in the end

The club is now in a spot of bother to be honest… our best players are either past it or will be moving on… we have a few good young players like everyone else but there are no stars in waiting at the most important end of the pitch

A descent towards the middle of the table is incoming next year… perhaps it even begins now

Nagelsmann would appear to be a counter to this… but would he really want to stain his reputation here like everyone else?

10. Guesty Guest

why would any top manager come?
    What's the incentive?

I read somewhere a suggestion that Nagelsmann would only come if we were in the CL.....
    why??
    If we were in the CL..... he would be expected to keep us in it every year without all of the players he wants to buy......and with players that others in the club buy.....and will continue to buy above his head

..... so he will have to do what every manager has had to do before him......win with sub standard players or 'young players with potential'

11. THFC Guest

What happened to Levy’s chat with the Qatari’s? The only way we will change is with significant investment from wealthy new owners. How can Man Utd be getting bids from multiple parties around £6b yet we can’t get a stadium sponsor. It really is time for Levy and Enic to sell up in order to progress. We are the most underachieving “big club” in world football and despite the stadium, facilities and fan base can’t attract a buyer

12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Why have we appointed Contes assistant till the end of the season.I know we won a couple of games when Conte was in hospital but lost the last one when we played someone decent.He did have a spell managing in Italy and won 3 games out of 19 and got sacked that is why he is an assistant.Levy again making wrong decisions under pressure.I expect him to flounder while Real Madrid or psg snatch up the best managers and we will be left with anything other than our first choice..It is obvious Poch is not his first choice because he would have walked into the job straight away if asked especially as he is the players choice.The press say that we have contacted Naglesmann who I expect to be waiting to see what else comes up until the end of season.It is obvious that Levy had no plan for who replaced Conte because the sacking of Nagels Mann was unexpected and he has jumped on the bandwagon.I may be wrong and Nagesmann may fancy the challenge let’s wait with bated breath

13. The Conte Guest

I read today that any potential sale/buyout of the club would involve Levy remaining in his position... he's not going anywhere... and neither are we lol

14. voiceofreason Active Member

it’s a difficult one because not many (possibly Poch) managers will want 10 games that could well end with moving out of the top 4. Not through their fault but changing style will be a slower process

not sure who I want in just definitely not Rodgers or someone like him

15. The Conte Guest

Very amusing to read all these insider stories now about everything Conte’s been doing wrong

No mention of course that he’d won 5 league titles in 7 seasons with 3 different clubs before arriving here… or that he leaves with the best league winning % of any full-time Spurs manager since the 19th century

Just all these anonymous little vignettes from the players/board about what Conte has been doing wrong lol

Conte is certainly not perfect by any measure… he’s a very intense personality that would no doubt rub some the wrong way… his football is a little too turgid for my tastes though he’s certainly not Jose-level cautious in this regard… his record in the Champs League is also not good at all

I can also imagine how your fitness coach and long time friend pretty much dropping dead on the spot would not galvanise you nor the club… I suspect this will be Conte’s most enduring memory from his time at Spurs

But let’s not kid ourselves… because many are now doing exactly what Conte said has been a major problem at this club… absolving blame from those most responsible for our malaise… that is the players and the board

I really don’t understand why his assistant has remained… I don’t see how this results in an upswing for the remainder of this season… just more of the same

I hope I am wrong but I’m not sure I care as much as I did before

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Great post Conte and now the expected ban on our director of football. You could not be more shambolic.Do we now look to appoint a new director before the manager as it seemed he was ante the appointment of Pochetino!We can not afford to wait to see if an appeal is successful as this could take months or god help us that Levy takes over again.Who in their right mind would want to come into this mess.A few very mediocre years on the horizon unless we get Enic out.When we hired Paratici did we not do background checks or was it because he was a Conte friend and helped persuade him to come to spurs

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

As an aside to the shambles we now have Son saying he had something to do with Conte sack as he has performed badly so why did Conte keep picking him

18. The Conte Guest

Yes I fault Conte for that

Should have backed Richy from the beginning… but saying that… every time Richy starts to get going he just goes and injures himself

It has been a mess of a season on many levels… yet here we somehow still sit in fourth… I’m not holding my breath

19. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Canyou believe the latest rumour that Levy is looking to
    Sign Lenglet on a permanent basis for 14 million . You must be joking.Also I did not realise that our new temporary manager had been investigated for malpractice Does Levy ever do due diligence .Now rumours that he is considering Kompany as our next manager.He is doing great at Burnley but was not too good in Belgium on his first job.Interesting articles in the Express about the fans unrest saying this is the worst spell they can remember and they want Levy gone.Won’t happen though and he is talking about increasing ticket prices

20. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I see the supporters trust have at last raised their voices at the way the club is being run not that Levy has ever taken them seriously.They should have been expressing concerns long ago and communicated to the fans but like most things at this club don’t rock the boat!Levy knows how weak the followers are so he takes the p***

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button