Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. THFC Guest

I don’t agree, if he’s under immense pressure and he is calling out historical flaws that continue to impact the club then good on him. Individual criticism should only ever be in the dressing room but calling a spade a spade in public should be the right of any manager who is under pressure and being criticised by the media/public.

Felon82 likes this.
  2. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

If you think it’s okay then supporter have a right to know which players he is talking about because he continues to pick them so he is at fault there or can he keep picking the same dross so he can justify his criticism

3. voiceofreason Active Member

I think he has just asked to be sacked sooner rather than later!

4. THFC Guest

Which players is pretty obvious to anyone watching us

Felon82 likes this.
  5. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Now that the emotion of another s*** performance has died down I am trying to put the mess that THFC has become into some perspective,.We could still finish top four although it is more likely about seventh.Conte has spoken a lot of truths about the quality of the players and the board but has put himself in a position that is unsustainable.He cannot be let off any blame because his style of football is only successful if the wing backs are top class and ours are not.He was responsible for signing Peresic who is way past his best and not up to the pace of the premiership.We we’re unlucky to lose Betancour and continually plays Hojbjerg in a two man midfield when we have Sarr who apart from the unfortunate penalty today would make a strong midfield 3 and then we would not give away possession so easily.He still picks Son when he would have been on the bench at any other club with the way he is playing and keeps Danjuma on the bench .Why did we sign him on loan to sit on the bench.All in all a total mess and personally I cannot see much changing without a complete clear out.Some of the l players have been at the club pre Pochetino

6. The Conte Guest

One of the greatest sprays of all time… and perfectly deserved… only thing worth watching yesterday

Felon82 likes this.
  7. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Yes it was deserved but do you think he can continue after that

8. Guesty Guest

I do like the 'it should be kept to the dressing room' discussion.....
    usually brought up by ex-pros..... and generly because they don't like to see their prima Donna replacements who get paid loads... outed in public....

I prefer the manager to name names in public. If the manager thinks he played shite....tell us.... because we'd probably agree.

Otherwise we pay their wages and they can play however they like.......oh wait......they do

Felon82 likes this.
  9. The Conte Guest

I don’t care… it needed to be said

10. The Conte Guest

Lol… exactly

11. The Conte Guest

There is a malaise over this club… and yes the fish rots from the head… so you can point your finger there and be almost entirely correct

But we were utterly ****ed in the 90s as well… so there is a little more to it

We are one of the wealthiest clubs in Europe… no we can’t buy the very best ready made players but we’re not exactly paupers either

So what the manager said yesterday… what he publicly fell on his own sword for… was entirely correct

We have some good players… and a few very good players… but put them in a Tottenham shirt and just good enough becomes enough… because that is par for the course around here

As a result you get this weak as piss afraid to fail response yesterday… after all the weak as piss afraid to fail showings these last couple of weeks

You can blame the manager… you can blame the owners… you can blame history… but this **** needs to be blown up asap

I appreciate Conte doing so yesterday… and if he’s sacked he can leave with his head held high

Felon82 likes this.
  12. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Looks like Conte has persuaded Levy that he was criticising the players not the club.Can Levy be that stupid to believe that.How can he set a team up who he has just crucified.Will he drop the selfish ones.If he does we will only have about 5 players.We have become a joke under Levy and this won’t change but he won’t care while the money comes in for the concerts. and boxing.It would do these players a favour if we reverted to an allardyce type manager who would not accept the bullshit and maybe they would realise that they ain’t special

13. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

See PSG lost at home for first time in 2 years to Rennes who had a wing back called Spence playing for them.Not good enough for us though

14. Guesty Guest

I will first say that I haven't seen Spence play......but recent press reports haven't put him as a shining light. average at best.

15. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

And Peresic Davies sessengon are not average ??

16. Guesty Guest

Yes they are...... and a few more as well

17. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Conte still not sacked what a tosser Levy is.I see Doherty who was let go for free thinks Conte is the best manager in the world and hopes he stays at spurs for a long time .Is he serious or taking the p**s

18. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Congratulations Harry becoming Englands highest ever goalscorer

19. The Conte Guest

Well done Harry

But eff me am I sick of this team

20. voiceofreason Active Member

Who else heard the rumours that Nagelsmann wasn’t sacked but is actually pencilled in for Spurs?

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button