Matchday discussion

Discussion in 'Tottenham forum' started by bigfran, September 14, 2018.

Share This Page

1. Mr Levy Guest

I should add, with the right players, the formation is great. With what we have, it doesn’t really work.

2. The Conte Guest

Oh and here’s my list of the most disappointing players this season… relative to what could have reasonably been expected

1. Son
    2. Lloris
    3. Bissouma
    4. Dier
    5. Sanchez

Richarlison and Perisic still have a dozen or so games to really stake their claim

Lucas gets an honourable mention but he doesn’t make the list because he’s been mostly injured through no fault of his own

3. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

I know this web is mainly for the premier side but as a club supporter I am interested in all teams.Our under 18s are going okay but the under 21s who should be trying to reach the first eleven are in the bottom 3 and have won 3 games all season which does not bode well.The ladies have lost 8 in. Row and still we keep the manager.The top sides have good accadamys why haven’t we??

4. Genevaspurs Guest

You mention Bissouma but how many times has he been able to start a match. And how many games in a row has he been able to play? Conversely, Perisic has immense experience. He is 34 years old and he plays almost all the matches. For what ratio? 5 assists in the league but also several goals conceded partly through his fault (in Manchester City for example where he is involved in 3 of their 4 goals!). I was very happy to see Perisic arrive at the start of the season but it is clear that he no longer has the legs and that he is far from the level he had at Inter.

And how to accept the decision of Conte and Stellini to start agaib with Son for the catastrophic result of 2 matches without any Spurs goals. They are responsible for this decision. The best must play regardless of any status

5. The Conte Guest

I’m with you on Son… you don’t need to convince me… I said that long ago. My only guess is that they’re waiting/hoping for him to return to his former self… he was the Golden Boot last year after all

True Bissouma hasn’t been given a lot of games… he also hasn’t done much at all when he has played. This was a guy who was considered one of the best midfielders going last year… so yes he has been a disappointment for us and from what I’ve seen hasn’t deserved to start ahead of Hojbjerg or Bentancur

Perisic was indeed embarrassed defensively against Man City but you must make up your mind. The wingbacks are secondary defenders for the most part in this formation. So you don’t want 5 at the back but then you also criticise his defensive prowess?

Believe me I had hoped for more… particularly in front of goal… it hasn’t happened but then he is certainly not the only one. He is still a pretty good player but he is running out of time to truly leave his mark at Spurs… perhaps the league is too physical for him at this point in his career

6. The Conte Guest

Lenglet does indeed lack pace… that is his major shortcoming… otherwise he is quite decent

Dier is good enough on the ball to play in this formation but his concentration levels are too inconsistent for him to ever be considered a great defender. However if you gave him someone as good as Romero on his left to keep him in line then our back 3 would be an extremely good unit

7. voiceofreason Active Member

End of April is when it will be decided. 3 games at the end are Newcastle and Liverpool away Man Utd at home!! Tough period

8. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

God Conte’ Dier being part of an extremely good unit what have you been drinking.We have one good defender and even he is prone to rashness at times.I have never seen a defender who turns his back on the ball to attempt a block as Dier does.Looks like today the sleeping giant has woken up Liverpool 7 United0

9. The Conte Guest

We best win the 5 games before then first

10. The Conte Guest

Like it or not Dier has had many good games for us over his career… I curse the stupidity as well but equally he deserves praise… the whole turning the back thing? no I don’t get that

We may have blown it… too much faffing around this season

11. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

See levy has over done his quota for concerts and up set the Harringay council.Greedy bast**d.Pity he was not as zealous with the football side

12. voiceofreason Active Member

In the cold light of day, “if” we hadn’t had the bad Leicester result and the cup loss, this game was just one of those games

on another day we could have been 3 or 4 up in the first half. I think they had their first shot after we had had 16

I’m not saying it wasn’t bad but I don’t think it’s all over. As a poster said above, we need to get some points in the bag before the Utd and Liverpool games. I think we are similar to Liverpool , fine margins away from a great result or a stinker! Let’s hope we get a great result in the champions league to add a spark!

13. The Conte Guest

So if we go out today… good performance or not… it’s time to burn it all it down

Not because we should win the Champs League… no one in their right mind would suggest that… but this club has underwhelmed this season and something needs to be done about it before it’s too late

I’m not blaming the manager… he has been kicked in the nuts so many times this season I don’t blame him at all for wanting to go home

But if he can’t get us up to take out Milan then he should just go tomorrow and spare us the inevitable slide

14. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Peresic and son starting again.Conte hoping both these players find form if not he will be doomed.What was the point of Danjuma especially as Kulu is having a bad spell.I hope I am wrong and we get inspired we need it

15. Dier is Poor Guest

Inspired?! By who or what? Ryan mason ? A go kart track?

16. Preed

Preed Well-Known Member

Total Sh*te so far .where is the passion as Chelsea showed last night.Son poor as usual andKulu is even worse.Milan strolling into next round.Change the system or we are going out with a whimper.Sarr andDanjuma on and even Richarlison for some aggression.I am really beginning to hate Contes way of playing football

17. Guesty Guest

if the game was won by Square passes we'd win the lot

I simply don't think the payers know how to play the system in order to create chances.
    It's more about the goal keeper. .. the back 3...and the midfield 2....staying in a rigid central 132 shape and not moving from that.
    and asking the wide 2 and the front 3 to score

18. The Conte Guest

Rubbish football side... beats Chelsea and then essentially loses three straight games without scoring a goal

Conte should go tomorrow... he's not returning next season... doesn't want to be here... so he's just stinking up the place now... just keeps picking the same out of form players over and over again

A blessing for all in the end... if the past week hasn't been embarrassing enough we would have got a severe thrashing in the quarters had we somehow managed to go through

19. Felon82 Well-Known Member

It's worse football than Nuno it's so fvcking bad.

The squad is horrific.

The club is a total mess.

20. voiceofreason Active Member

So, all the talk now will be whether we take Poch back?
    What are your thoughts, I loved him as our manager but I really don’t like people going back to places, never think it goes well. Who else is there? I guess PSG will be getting rid of theirs soon as well!!

Guest comments allowed! Use 'Add your comment' button